Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Air transfer to axis allied airbases prevents planes from flying

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Air transfer to axis allied airbases prevents planes from flying Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Air transfer to axis allied airbases prevents planes fr... - 4/6/2020 8:47:11 PM   
Nekronion

So apparantely transfer to Romanian airbases is possible for German planes. When trying to transfer to a hex with both a Romanian airbase and a German one it went to the Romanian base, courtesy of higher ID. While that is annoying it wouldn't be a big problem.

Just that being on a non-German airbase completely prevents the planes from doing anything.
Even with everything in the best shape possible the planes won't fly. And since they now have 1% airmiles due to the transfer they can't be moved off.

< Message edited by Nekronion -- 4/6/2020 8:48:12 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Air transfer to axis allied airbases prevents plane... - 4/6/2020 8:50:37 PM   
morvael

Nice bug :)

(in reply to Nekronion)
Post #: 2
RE: Air transfer to axis allied airbases prevents plane... - 4/6/2020 8:56:11 PM   
eskuche

It's a feature! What else are you gonna do with the Rumanian airbases of which there are more than Rumanian airgroups?

(in reply to morvael)
Post #: 3
RE: Air transfer to axis allied airbases prevents plane... - 4/6/2020 9:04:25 PM   
Telemecus

You can use them as part of the Kabuki dance or as a place to rest planes in the rear with the guarantee they will not fly during the soviet phase.

I find them very useful and would find it more difficult to manage the air if allied bases were not available to the Luftwaffe

Wargamers Discord https://discord.gg/U6DcDxT

(in reply to eskuche)
Post #: 4
RE: Air transfer to axis allied airbases prevents plane... - 4/6/2020 9:14:04 PM   
morvael

Well, I think it will remove this "feature". It should not be possible.

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 5
RE: Air transfer to axis allied airbases prevents plane... - 4/6/2020 9:34:19 PM   
Telemecus

So now we lost the cross-national kabuki dance! What is next to go? The Eurovision song contest!

(in reply to morvael)
Post #: 6
RE: Air transfer to axis allied airbases prevents plane... - 4/6/2020 9:37:16 PM   
Beria

If Morvael can remove the Eurovision song contest feature I back him up 100%!

Gary Grigsby Discord https://discord.gg/U6DcDxT

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 7
RE: Air transfer to axis allied airbases prevents plane... - 4/6/2020 10:08:55 PM   
eskuche

Okay I guess , but please make sure if at all possible that if there is a stacked different nationality airbase of higher ID it doesn't prevent transfer to lower ID german airbase.

(in reply to Beria)
Post #: 8
RE: Air transfer to axis allied airbases prevents plane... - 4/6/2020 10:17:48 PM   
Telemecus

Given that a recon base (higher ID) in the same hex blocks an air transfer of a non-recon airgroup now I assume it will.

If allied airbases could be made to not block german airbases it would be nice to do the fix for recon bases too.

One easy way to fix this would be to give the German LW airbases new ID numbers which are higher than the allies or recon bases - so it would be a simple data fix.

(in reply to eskuche)
Post #: 9
RE: Air transfer to axis allied airbases prevents plane... - 4/7/2020 2:52:11 AM   
56ajax

quote:

ORIGINAL: Beria

If Morvael can remove the Eurovision song contest feature I back him up 100%!

Absolute vintage. I will back him 110%

Molotov : This we did not deserve.

Foch : This is not peace. This is a 20 year armistice.

C'est la guerre aérienne

(in reply to Beria)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Air transfer to axis allied airbases prevents planes from flying Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI