Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1992 AAR

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> After Action Reports >> RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1992 AAR Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/2/2020 8:43:39 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

And B2 called SPIRIT!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to MonkeysBrain2)
Post #: 91
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/4/2020 7:15:23 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

Rat Patrol From Fort Bragg Vol. 4
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Captain Miller form special NATO SEAL operations command was urging his man through the woody mountains "Pssst... Quite, boys... this operation is based on secrecy and concealment.
We have surrounded big group of Yugo and Albanian units in Albania. Operation Iskander or Skenderberg, has begun.... We have jumped from planes that brought us here from Tirana airfield. It will not take too long and whole Albania would be ours...."
"Meanwhile in Northern Iraq as dust was raising from the columns that were speeding up north toward Mosul, Iranian 2nd Armored Division from NATO forces, 1st Iranian Army was bravely attacking Kirkuk which was strangely very ably defended by some Kurdish Rebels and Mi 24 Hind squadron. 2nd Division has 285 T-80 Russian tanks attached and we will assault Kirkuk until it had fallen", said captain Fritzmuller liason com officer attached to NATO HQ Baghdad.
Meanwile in Washington the man with big white beard was confronting his whole top NATO
Command: "Gentlemen, now it is crucial phase, we have fortifed lines in Germany to fortified status in our TOAW TrickeySoft version 4 and God help us if Russians broke through... Major Hanckock could you please report of latest situation on whole fronts?"
Captain Hancock approached big NATO combat map and said "With pleasure Mr President!
In Northern Norway lull in the figting allowed us to transport by rail most Norway and Swedish forces, we only left garrisons in ports etc... So we are gaining strength here and I advice that we wait for Russian attack, if it don't materialize that I propose that we take offensive by ourselves...
In, Germany as you said we have fortified units in our fortified defensive position and also we have some reserves on tactical reserve just in case, we have brought many jets and attack helicopter, but losses are severe on both, opponent is attacking our airfield constantly and in one occasion we lost many planes and he none (bug in software lol). We are bringing some Lance, and french Hades etc rocket missile launchers and we will attack his airfield with them. We tried to shell some of his airfields on northern East Germany coast but result was not so good and his sea interdiction is very heavy, he is putting even attack helicopters on sea interdiction. In Austrian we will defend and also counterattack, something like good old Model Shield and Sword tactic from WW2.
Around Zagreb we have destroyed one Russian Armored division, we will use this forces to roll his flank in Austria and later Hungary.
Around Vukovar we will try to smash his Yugo forces once and for all. This operation will take some time. Sofija in Bulgaria is liberated and Turkish forces in cooperation with Greek NATO brothers have destroyed almsot whole Bulgarian army! Our Lance unit is attacking his airfield in Burgas. In Albania we are clearing whole country from Yugo, Albanians units and later we will use this force up north and roll both flanks of the enemy.
In Iraq, we are about to destroy Iraq 2nd corps which is surrounded and we are sending forces to destroy last remaining Iraq corps, 1st (out of seven!) that is attacking Turkish positions north of Mosul. Iraq forces will be swept aside soon and then we will use all our forces into attack up north in all directions... Iranian forces are not very much trained but they fight with spirit and we will try to capture Kirkuk with them....
NATO reserves are mobilized, lots of French, Portugese, Italian, Belgian, Danes, Swedes, and other units are joining daily our forces... Both forces are using chemicals but still no nuclear weapons. But, it will be a very tough fight as Warsaw Pact still have very large number of really strong units and his arsenal of SCUD and other missile launchers is impressive... If he concentrate his forces...."

Attachment (1)

Post #: 92
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/4/2020 7:18:35 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

This is map of southern Germany and Austria area. We will try to destroy those forces that have attacked us in Austria and we will retake Wiena...

Attachment (1)

Post #: 93
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/4/2020 7:25:50 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

This is Germany area. We are assuming that we are safely awaiting Russian tank hordes behind our impregnable defenses but nothing is 100 percent secure... All units are fortified, they can pray to their Artyllery Gods now...

Attachment (1)

Post #: 94
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/4/2020 7:28:48 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

Northern Norway... Here is interesting game. I have brought some para units with transport helicopters, they are excellent in encircling operations...

Attachment (1)

Post #: 95
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/4/2020 7:31:58 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

This is situation in North Iraq and Iran... Heavy fighting continues... Some of my units must be rested, no use to attack with red units, or too yellow....

Attachment (1)

Post #: 96
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/4/2020 7:39:41 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

This is SEAL team. Award to all of them for brave deeds in Albania . Well, I brought them by air from Italy I think and later by used them to surround enemy (they jumped by plane, they need airfield to take off by plane, using transport helicopter could be from anywhere...)

Attachment (1)

Post #: 97
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/4/2020 7:44:35 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

Next turn, turn 12 all Spanish units will be available. They unfroze on turn 12. Now Elmer will play two turns. I had two turns in a row. But it is not 100 percent that player have two turns to play, it is based on percentage I think. I hope that Elmer will not do too much damage in two turns but who knows... This two turns allowed me to destroy lots of his units...

Attachment (1)

Post #: 98
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/4/2020 7:52:20 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

This is Spanish Brunete division. Where is Blonde?
Joking aside you can see how Piero Falotti have done good job on TO&E.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 99
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/4/2020 8:11:56 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

This is Israel 6th Para Bde. They kick some ass There is four of them in this region. 5, 6, 7 and 8. I use them in offense and also to get behind enemy with transport helicopters, you must move helicopters to be near by all the time. But, they are excellent troops...

Attachment (1)

Post #: 100
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/4/2020 8:17:19 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

This is excellent F111 Striker plane. I use it on Combat Support. It can be used on Interdiction as well but...

Attachment (1)

Post #: 101
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/4/2020 8:21:04 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

And British 4th Armoured division that saw some action in Germany, it will get some deserved rest and then back into fight!

Attachment (1)

Post #: 102
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/4/2020 8:25:24 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

Swedish units along with Norewegian, UK, USA and other NATO fighters, are awaiting Russian attack in Kirkenes. This is front line of the NATO. In last game I lost this town but now hmmm we will see....

Attachment (1)

Post #: 103
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/4/2020 8:28:40 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

This unit I will get on turn 22. It is National Guard 51st NG Arm Div.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 104
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/4/2020 8:31:46 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

Italian airmobile Folgore unit. I will use it in The Balkans in my new offensive soon...

Attachment (1)

Post #: 105
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/4/2020 8:35:13 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

Will this Swiss units save the honor against Russians... Last time Russians didn't had not a single killed man and they chassed some infantry from the mountain which was fortified. Never happened before in 22 years of TOAW gaming.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 106
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/4/2020 8:38:48 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

This France rocket projectile HADES is long range, 8 hexes, but only 1 anti personnel... Hmmm, maybe some error in database. V1 was better.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 107
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/4/2020 8:49:14 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

This is from one Elmer attack on one of my airfields. Hundreds of my planes scrambled and FUMBLED because I lost too much planes in this single attack. Well...

Attachment (1)

Post #: 108
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/4/2020 8:51:25 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

And they lost this much: only!

Attachment (1)

Post #: 109
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/7/2020 6:31:24 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

Rat Patrol From Fort Bragg vol.5 (Turn 16, beginning)
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Mr. President was just leisurely browsing through morning press, everyone talked
about heavy fighting in Europe and Middle East.
There was knock on the door, and secretary politely asked "Mr. President, General Penthouse has arrived...."
President raised up from the table and said "Let him in, let him in...."
General Penthouse started talking without too much ado "Mr. President, Operation Platinen Fuchs 2 is developing nicely! Our main objective is Murmansk here and also we want to wipe
out all Russian forces in the area as they are threat for our Scandinavian NATO allies. We have dropped all paras and special forces that we could spare. This seemed to confused their defense and just as we predicted, their front line is now weakened! Yes, they did destroyed some of our SAS units, but one in particulary have stood up and even when surrounded reppelled all Russian assaults. We will try to save those brave SAS boys, as you ordered Mr. President. We had some losses in our para drop because of heavy opponent air superiority but never mind we have dropped also other special units: Canadian CDA Airborne, Gurkha Regiment from UK, Parachute Regiment also from UK, American Delta team. We will use them offensevely and to spread confusion in the enemy rear, they have already cut off some Soviet front line units from supply. There is 3 big armored Soviet units, some HQs, and two brigades, helicopters, navy, aviation, we will try to destroy them piece by piece. It was all about concentration of sufficent forces, our opponent didn't attacked when he had a chance and now is our big chance here. Railways through Norway and Sweden served us magnificently and we transered all units that we could spare, but brunt of the fighting will be carried by Swedes and Norvegians for now."

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by MonkeysBrain2 -- 4/7/2020 7:57:19 PM >

Post #: 110
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/7/2020 6:33:59 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

This is situation after Soviet counterattack. But I expected this and I will destroy them easier when they are dispersed.
Now is my turn and I will try to destroy all those units asap.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 111
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/7/2020 6:47:56 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

President just said "Excellent news! So this operation is going according to our plan. Can you present me with latest situation on all our other NATO fronts... Things are heating up a bit...."
General Penthouse took a sip of finest President brandy and continued "Well, in Germany nothing much happened, one weak WP attack but situation is calm, nothing is happening there except ussual WP airfield bombing and our rocket bombing of their airfields. We have one operation in mind that could actually unhinge this front. Their flank north of Salzburg and SW Chezch border is hanging in the air, no units covering this front. If we could find some units we could try some offensive here just to confuse opponent and destroy his units on the border west of Praha and capture Prag, capitol of Chechoslovakia. But, at the moment no units to spare for this operation.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 112
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/7/2020 7:25:40 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

"There is more big news Mr. President! We have captured Wiena, in fact, recaptured, and liberated Belgrade, also destroyed whole Bulgarian army (except their HQ), entered Romania and got a bloody nose there for now, and cleared almost whole Iraq (few pockets just need to be eliminated). And on top of that we have encircled half a dozen Yugo, Albanian, Romanian divisions in Yugo area....
But let me tell you about each operation starting with Wienna operation. First of course we had to move quite a bit of reserves here. We some moved Austrian, Swiss, Spanish, Italian, French, and even German reserves here. Luckily we destroyed two CZ Tank divisions on their south flanks assisted by para drops of Israely commandos into empty Vienna (so we did get now two Austrian Landwehr brigades that were scheduled to appear in Vienna, strange opponent didn't attacked our tiny third of Israely para brigade in Vienna even if he did moved some units there...). We dropped also some Spanish commando units, Parachute Brigade and Fuerza Speciale unit). Now we will try to destroy rest of their units on the border with Austria, which will not be easy as we identified 8th Guards Tank Army here, victors of Stalingrad battle. But, now battle is more fluid and we have a chance to destroy them in set piece battle."

Attachment (1)

Post #: 113
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/7/2020 7:26:57 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

Vienna area after WP response to our offensive....

Attachment (1)

Post #: 114
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/7/2020 7:35:00 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

In the Balkans situation was quite serious for some time because WP did brought some nasty Rumanian tank divisions that did wreck some havoc in The Balkans but now they are finally encircled. Opponent was quite active here with many counterattacks but situation is now much better after we have destroyed last remaining Albanian and Yugo units in Albania, also we have cleared almost whole Bulgaria and did actually destroy whole Bulgarian army (their HQ is only still alive!). We tried to encircle three Rumanian tank divisions south of Bucharest but they have managed to cut loose but they are still out of supply and maybe we will now destroy them more easily.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by MonkeysBrain2 -- 4/7/2020 8:36:11 PM >

Post #: 115
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/7/2020 7:44:15 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

In the Middle East there is scent of victory in the air, Mr. President! After we have managed to take Kirkuk and Mosul last two remaining Iraq cities, we are in the process of speeding north toward Turko-WP and Iran-WP borders. We must divide forces and send them in all directions. After heavy fighting some of our units are in the rear to get some rest and new equipment. All our units did tremendous job, paras, helicopters, air units, infantry, tank units... In the north East Iran, we did waited for our opponent and took supply and concentrated our forces. Soviet units appeared there, one tank divisions, with one mountain division and few brigades...First that tank divisions took to their heels once they saw that they are outnumbered but now they are turned to fight and we will destroy them. That's it for now....

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by MonkeysBrain2 -- 4/7/2020 8:16:22 PM >

Post #: 116
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/7/2020 7:45:47 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

Few more screen latest situation... First North Iraq.... or Turkey more or less.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by MonkeysBrain2 -- 4/7/2020 8:17:25 PM >

Post #: 117
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/7/2020 7:47:17 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

East Iran border.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 118
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/7/2020 7:48:29 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

Albania cleared.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 119
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/7/2020 7:49:46 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

Many units encircled in The Balkans. At last we will have some rest here.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by MonkeysBrain2 -- 4/7/2020 7:50:42 PM >

Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> After Action Reports >> RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1992 AAR Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI