Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[RESOLVED] Iron Hand Scenario - MiG-29S unable to fire AA-10 (Build 1141.2)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [RESOLVED] Iron Hand Scenario - MiG-29S unable to fire AA-10 (Build 1141.2) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[RESOLVED] Iron Hand Scenario - MiG-29S unable to fire ... - 4/13/2020 6:21:54 AM   
Duncan2401

Good afternoon,

I am playing the Iron Hand scenario and I am having an issue with the MiG-29S fighters.
They will not fire Alamo missiles even when engaged offensive, instead closing in to fire AA-11 missiles. When trying to manually fire missiles there is a message stating they are unable to fire because they are "Unable to connect to firing unit with mandatory datalink."

If I am overlooking something please let me know, otherwise it seems to me that something is not working as intended.

Cheers,
Duncan

(Edit) I have now noticed looking through the database (after wondering why my Su-27 fighters were not suffering the same issue) that the MiG-29S does not have the AA-10 Command Datalink listed whereas the Su-27 does.

< Message edited by Dimitris -- 4/14/2020 6:34:48 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Iron Hand Scenario - MiG-29S unable to fire AA-10 (... - 4/13/2020 7:15:00 AM   
Dimitris

Hi,

Which DB version is it using? We recently fixed an issue with AA-10 guidance in the DB.

(in reply to Duncan2401)
Post #: 2
RE: Iron Hand Scenario - MiG-29S unable to fire AA-10 (... - 4/13/2020 7:17:35 AM   
Duncan2401

Hi Dimitris,

It is using DB3000 v483

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 3
RE: Iron Hand Scenario - MiG-29S unable to fire AA-10 (... - 4/13/2020 11:32:23 AM   
KLAB

Its been fixed for the next scenario update,

It was to do with the load outs being altered from one DB release to the latest and the apparent DB483 aircraft still having the old wrong AA-10 load outs after it became AA-10 TSARH.

I have amended all the effected aircraft Su-27, MiG-29S, SU-34's, and Azeri Mig-29's (which makes them more dangerous) and sent the revised version to the author for inclusion in the next scenario release.

See the thread in the Mods and Database page P191 to P192:

Issues with the TSARH seekers on some platforms are also being "fixed", just for info.
Cheers
K

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3436106&mpage=191

quote:

ORIGINAL: stilesw

quote:

It's definitely 483, I checked before posting with the intention of just upgrading the scenario and the editor says the scenario is using the latest DB.483.
Baffled as I did the same with a test scenario, added a MiG-29S and every thing worked and it had R-27 TSARH load outs. I will update the scenario again regardless and see if that fixes it.

I believe I've found the problem.

Did some more digging. Went to Akhtubinsk Air Base and selected Su-27S, 968IISAP, 1 Sqn #02. It says that it is loaded with
4x AA-10 Alamo A [R-27R, MR SARH,
2x AA-10 Alamo C [R-27ER, LR SARH],
2x AA-11 Archer [R-73].
It should not do this since that weapon/loadout is no longer an option.

This would have been the original loadout when the scenario was created using DB3K_478. Since then, the TSARH AA-10 replaced the SARH AA-10.

When you try and load the Su-27S in the subsequent databases (i.e. 483) and check the “Show only usable loadouts” box the TSARH weapons do not show up at all but they do show up as possible loads when you look at the aircraft details in the DB viewer.

The problem happens (and I’ve had it happen to me as well during testing) when the scenario contains units that were loaded out in a previous database that did not have the new weapons. When the scenario is upgraded to DB3K_483 it still regards the aircraft as having a no longer existing weapon/loadout.

The solution is to remove all the aircraft (Su-27S) in question and replace them with a new Su-27S. Since the new aircraft and weapon are now both part of the new DB3K_483 it will load and show the correct loadouts.

Ideally, the scenario author would do this but he cannot be faulted because he would not necessarily have known of the change from SARH to TSARH. Probably the easiest solution for you is to delete and recreate all the AA-10 TSARH aircraft. Of course, don't forget to reassign them to their appropriate missions and necessary unit properties.

Hope this is of help,

-Wayne

quote:

I believe I've found the problem. Did some more digging. Went to Akhtubinsk Air Base and selected Su-27S, 968IISAP, 1 Sqn #02. It says that it is loaded with 4x AA-10 Alamo A [R-27R, MR SARH, 2x AA-10 Alamo C [R-27ER, LR SARH], 2x AA-11 Archer [R-73]. It should not do this since that weapon/loadout is no longer an option. This would have been the original loadout when the scenario was created using DB3K_478. Since then, the TSARH AA-10 replaced the SARH AA-10. When you try and load the Su-27S in the subsequent databases (i.e. 483) and check the “Show only usable loadouts” box the TSARH weapons do not show up at all but they do show up as possible loads when you look at the aircraft details in the DB viewer. The problem happens (and I’ve had it happen to me as well during testing) when the scenario contains units that were loaded out in a previous database that did not have the new weapons. When the scenario is upgraded to DB3K_483 it still regards the aircraft as having a no longer existing weapon/loadout. The solution is to remove all the aircraft (Su-27S) in question and replace them with a new Su-27S. Since the new aircraft and weapon are now both part of the new DB3K_483 it will load and show the correct loadouts. Ideally, the scenario author would do this but he cannot be faulted because he would not necessarily have known of the change from SARH to TSARH. Probably the easiest solution for you is to delete and recreate all the AA-10 TSARH aircraft. Of course, don't forget to reassign them to their appropriate missions and necessary unit properties. Hope this is of help, -Wayne

< Message edited by KLAB -- 4/13/2020 11:40:03 AM >

(in reply to Duncan2401)
Post #: 4
RE: Iron Hand Scenario - MiG-29S unable to fire AA-10 (... - 4/13/2020 1:26:42 PM   
stilesw

quote:

I am playing the Iron Hand scenario and I am having an issue with the MiG-29S fighters.

Hi Michael,

That problem has been fixed but you need to be using the most recent database release, DB3K_483.db3.

Try updating the database that the scenario is using and that should fix the problem. If it doesn't please let me know.

-WS

“There is no limit to what a man can do so long as he does not care a straw who gets the credit for it.”

Charles Edward Montague, English novelist and essayist
~Disenchantment, ch. 15 (1922)

(in reply to Duncan2401)
Post #: 5
RE: Iron Hand Scenario - MiG-29S unable to fire AA-10 (... - 4/13/2020 1:31:46 PM   
stilesw

Hey KLAB,

Thanks for including the above detailed explanation. This whole TSARH, AA-10 issue has been a thorn since its inception. I do believe we have tamed it now.

-WS

“There is no limit to what a man can do so long as he does not care a straw who gets the credit for it.”

(in reply to KLAB)
Post #: 6
RE: Iron Hand Scenario - MiG-29S unable to fire AA-10 (... - 4/13/2020 1:34:31 PM   
stilesw

Michael,

I now see that you are indeed using DB3K_483. KLAB has provided a complete, detailed summary of what happened with the new AA-10, TSARH weapon. If you follow the instructions he listed you should be fine.

-WS

(in reply to Duncan2401)
Post #: 7
RE: Iron Hand Scenario - MiG-29S unable to fire AA-10 (... - 4/13/2020 11:46:20 PM   
Duncan2401

Thanks to everybody for the help, much appreciated.

M. Duncan

"Just a simple airman, trying to make his way in an officers world"

(in reply to stilesw)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [RESOLVED] Iron Hand Scenario - MiG-29S unable to fire AA-10 (Build 1141.2) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI