Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Flowchart for Allied planes

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Flowchart for Allied planes Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Flowchart for Allied planes - 4/15/2020 6:22:23 PM   
HvMoltke

Hi
Hanzberger posted a great flowchart at

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2769286&mpage=1&key= for IJ airplane production

Is there anything similar posted on the AE forum for the allies?

< Message edited by HvMoltke -- 4/15/2020 8:17:17 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Flowchart for Allied planes - 4/15/2020 7:18:20 PM   
kbfchicago

Not that I can recall. Likely as there are far fewer actions the Allied player can make to influence which airframes are available, when.

Exception is to:
- Delay the upgrades for on map production facilities. You do this by selecting "keep" (vs "upgrade") on the currently producing model at the site's factory.
- - For example, later model P-38s at Los Angles, you can delay upgrades to keep an earlier model in production as the new models facilities come on-line. This can help "smooth out" the fielding so you're not stuck with depleted units short replacements of the (recently replaced) model while new model is ramping up to enough strength to upgrade a whole unit. P-38s and some B-25s can take advantage of this in early-late '44. SBDs can be in this situation earlier in the war but chances are you'll have a sufficient stockpile of those unless you've had egregious losses. Pretty sure this exhausts Allied options here (SBDs, late model P-38s, some later B-25s)...may be some later PBY models that can do this as well...
- - When you look at the on map aircraft factories (off the top of my head I think in only three or four locations...Seattle, LA, ...?) you can see the models reflected and click on the upgrade option to monitor what the next version is. In some cases there are no upgrade options and earlier models are "off map" so they will stop, and you have no ability to carry them over, when upgrade time comes. Since there are comparatively few choices here for the allies this is often overlooked. As noted above I don't recall anyone taking the time to map them as Hanzberger did for IJ.
- - If you play with PDU (player defined upgrade) "off" I can see where a mapping would be more useful. I typically play PDU "on" so have not explored PDU off limitations significantly.

Not sure this was exactly what you were looking for...but seemed related to your ask!

Happy Gaming

Kevin

(in reply to HvMoltke)
Post #: 2
RE: Flowchart for Allied planes - 4/15/2020 8:16:38 PM   
HvMoltke

Hi Kevin
That was exactly what I was looking for.
So thank you.
The allies have surplus of everything but not all was better than the previous model.
I`d like to know were it is better to stick with the older plane/model

(in reply to kbfchicago)
Post #: 3
RE: Flowchart for Allied planes - 4/15/2020 11:58:12 PM   
kbfchicago

Allied players have almost no choices here. Review the (few) cities "on-board" with aircraft factories for options. I know you can influence later versions of P-38, as I'm doing that now in Mar '44 in my current PBEM. I recall I could have done that for SBDs, keeping SBD-3s, deferring SBD-5s - however I had a surplus of '3s and no reason to delay upgrading to the -5s. "I think" there are a couple of models of later B-25s you can do this with. That is about the only options you have. +95% of allied aircraft are "off board" with no way for you to influence.

Kevin

(in reply to HvMoltke)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Flowchart for Allied planes Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI