Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Think I'm playing the game wrong

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> The War Room >> Think I'm playing the game wrong Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Think I'm playing the game wrong - 4/17/2020 5:57:00 PM   
IggyDaDino

Hello from the battlefield! I've been playing through the massive grand campaign and a number of scenarios just seem to be weird. I'd like to understand what I should be doing as it seems the devs made some assumptions. The game is absolutely wonderful but let me share and let's see if I can get some useful advice to enjoy the game more with less reloading...

I'm on Korsun pocket 1944. I scramble my 8 fighters to the SW portion of the map where I spotted the enemy's air squadron. So I intercept and do generally well. During turn 3's AI turn, 2 air defence guns appear out of thin air under my fighter and kill it (until I reload enough times to not die as I didn't feel this was fair).

That's the first one in a while I saw where the unit just directly spawns. I got the impression from the briefing it was mostly a defensive mission.

My deployed core consists of the following:
5 infantry (2 pioneers, 3 regulars/alpine)
6 tigers
6 Special unit tigers
4 18mm (largest gun arty)
2 wurfrahmen (infantry arty truck)
1 sig 38 (mobile arty)
3 12.8cm flaks (for this mission based on briefing warning of heavy air bombardment)
8 fighters all fw 190A
5 Junkers 88 dive bombers
1 He 177A level bomber

Now this mission had restricted amount of deployable units. I usually use the additional slots on more artillery and I tend to always take my mobile ones, a random recon tank, an antitank elefant. I feel very much on these later 1943 and beyond missions I need to bring extra artillery as too frequently the tanks need to peel infantry off squares and I use suppression to make this happen.

So my question is twofold, am I missing anything in core makeup? Is it just some of these missions have units that spawn on top of you/just out of vision and I just need to play out of defence more?
Post #: 1
RE: Think I'm playing the game wrong - 4/17/2020 10:01:48 PM   
IggyDaDino

Cross post. For anyone that might read this forum--I went over to the slitherine board as for this game it appears far more active: slitherine dot com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=121&t=98402

(in reply to IggyDaDino)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> The War Room >> Think I'm playing the game wrong Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI