Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: OT: Corona virus

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: OT: Corona virus Page: <<   < prev  184 185 [186] 187 188   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: OT: Corona virus - 4/23/2020 12:53:13 PM   
MakeeLearn

Is your mail safe? 3 Jacksonville postal workers test positive for COVID-19
April 22, 2020

https://www.firstcoastnews.com/video/news/health/coronavirus/is-your-mail-safe-3-jacksonville-postal-workers-test-positive-for-covid-19/77-3b254a85-71b7-4802-ad0b-35eccb594ed9

"The United States Postal Service announced Wednesday that employees working at mail distribution centers have coronavirus, USPS says that mail is still safe.

< Message edited by MakeeLearn -- 4/24/2020 1:28:16 PM >

(in reply to MakeeLearn)
Post #: 5551
RE: OT: Corona virus - 4/23/2020 12:54:30 PM   
RFalvo69

quote:

ORIGINAL: HansBolter

quote:

ORIGINAL: obvert

Constantly trumpeting your political position is irrelevant and boring.

Frankly I find it to be a refreshing counterpoint to the never ending drivel of blithering village idiocy coming from the leftists.

A fine example of how one can strive to keep this thread "non political".

Returning to our regular program, my home region of Calabria made the news on the NYT. Sadly they aren't good (except for the bit about how the authorities managed to contain the pandemic more successfully than in other regions).

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/21/world/europe/italy-coronavirus-south.html?searchResultPosition=3

"Yes darling, I served in the Navy for eight years. I was a cook..."
"Oh dad... so you were a God-damned cook?"

(My 10 years old daughter after watching "The Hunt for Red October")

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 5552
RE: OT: Corona virus - 4/23/2020 12:55:33 PM   
MakeeLearn

These eight states haven't issued stay-at-home orders to fight the coronavirus outbreak
7 hrs ago

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/these-eight-states-havent-issued-stay-at-home-orders-to-fight-the-coronavirus-outbreak/ar-BB133Iv9?li=BBnbfcL

"The leaders of Arkansas, Iowa, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Oklahoma, Utah and Wyoming have taken steps to limit the size of gatherings, close schools and some nonessential businesses, and prohibit on-site dining at restaurants. But they have stopped short of directing all residents to stay home except for essential business.

The Republican governors in those states have defended their decisions, arguing that their hospitals aren’t overrun and their rural states haven’t been hit as hard as others with denser urban centers, such as New York, Washington or Louisiana. The governors have said they don’t want to hurt small businesses or infringe on individual freedoms.

At the same time, several of the states are dealing with outbreaks at meat processing plants, senior homes and long-term care facilities, and prisons that have raised concerns about the absence of stricter regulations. A lack of widespread testing, experts say, makes it difficult to gauge the full extent of the outbreak. "

(in reply to MakeeLearn)
Post #: 5553
RE: OT: Corona virus - 4/23/2020 1:00:27 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

This is the article I meant to link to my comment about the judiciary having set itself on a collision course of reckoning with the people since legislation from the bench is an illegal violation of the separation of powers:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/texas-judges-30-day-coronavirus-mask-order-blasted-as-ultimate-government-overreach

From what I read, not an actual judge on the judiciary but rather the county executive. A suggestion would have been much better rather than an order and the imposition with the punishment being a fine. Unless she meant to fill the county coffers . . .

< Message edited by RangerJoe -- 4/23/2020 1:02:02 PM >

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 5554
RE: OT: Corona virus - 4/23/2020 1:04:53 PM   
MakeeLearn

‘Instead of Coronavirus, the Hunger Will Kill Us.’ A Global Food Crisis Looms.

The world has never faced a hunger emergency like this, experts say. It could double the number of people facing acute hunger to 265 million by the end of this year.

Updated April 23, 2020, 6:39 a.m. ET

"The coronavirus pandemic has brought hunger to millions of people around the world. National lockdowns and social distancing measures are drying up work and incomes, and are likely to disrupt agricultural production and supply routes — leaving millions to worry how they will get enough to eat."

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 5555
RE: OT: Corona virus - 4/23/2020 1:06:35 PM   
mind_messing

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: mind_messing

quote:

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

Infant mortality is considerably higher today than it was 100 years ago

Now that *is* demonstratively untrue!

https://ourworldindata.org/child-mortality

Warning: opinion statement and conjecture

He's bringing in abortion as a form of child mortality without actuality mentioning it, or providing evidence, and while assuming there was little to no abortion in the early 20th century and trusting that the core group will understand both his intent and sentiment.

Actually there were quite a lot of abortions in this period but records are scant because the procedure was no longer legal, while it was very common and not condemned by either law or the church in the 19th century up until after the civil war.

I was going to go in to abortion in more detail, as given the improved, professional access to abortion you could argue that it demonstrates a better value of life than previous unregulated procedures that were conducted historically.

Then, I thought, why bother? From the content of some of the posts on this forum, you won't get any informed discussion on women's reproductive rights.

quote:

This is the article I meant to link to my comment about the judiciary having set itself on a collision course of reckoning with the people since legislation from the bench is an illegal violation of the separation of powers:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/texas-judges-30-day-coronavirus-mask-order-blasted-as-ultimate-government-overreach

Therein lies the crux of the challenge within the US with regards to COVID 19.

Too independent to accept legislation restricting personal freedoms, but insufficient social cohesion to remove the need for legislation .

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 5556
RE: OT: Corona virus - 4/23/2020 1:17:01 PM   
MakeeLearn

If, since your illness with sepsis, you have been well and not experienced repeated infections or problems with your immunity then the impact of a COViD-19 infection is likely to be same the same of the majority of the population – in other words, a relatively mild illness.”

www.meningitisnow.org/meningitis-explained/what-is-meningitis/faqs-covid-19-and-meningitis/?gclid=CjwKCAjw-YT1BRAFEiwAd2WRtnsaM1mGvEQTLi1Xtv34QxBJlCSTUyc8RP-VeTGvJPWHhsnNU9CgrxoCz4wQAvD_BwE

(in reply to mind_messing)
Post #: 5557
RE: OT: Corona virus - 4/23/2020 1:19:25 PM   
Lowpe

quote:

Too independent to accept legislation restricting personal freedoms, but insufficient social cohesion to remove the need for legislation .

Fundamentally, local (i.e. state and county governments) have lots of leeway to enforce restrictions in the name of public safety and always have. The Federal Government should not domestically.

How it is supposed to work is the county competes against county for the best method, state against state.

With Covid we are seeing that writ large as the individual states responses is greatly varied. There are going to be tremendous economic sea changes as this settles out which I don't think a lot of people have thought about let alone the very obvious political changes.

< Message edited by Lowpe -- 4/23/2020 1:21:44 PM >

(in reply to mind_messing)
Post #: 5558
RE: OT: Corona virus - 4/23/2020 1:19:31 PM   
MakeeLearn

Why do we not have this level of concern for flu, etc. deaths?

This concern for life should apply to all.

(in reply to MakeeLearn)
Post #: 5559
RE: OT: Corona virus - 4/23/2020 1:21:50 PM   
MakeeLearn

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lowpe

..tremendous... changes...

< Message edited by MakeeLearn -- 4/23/2020 1:22:19 PM >

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 5560
RE: OT: Corona virus - 4/23/2020 1:29:47 PM   
Canoerebel

With respect to the virus, most politicians will do their best to get it right because most of them value human life and making the right decision when lives are at stake. There's a tough, complicated balancing of interests and risks, so there will be different approaches.

Underlying this desire to promote the public welfare is the knowledge that everything done will be scrutinized, that opponents and media will jump on mistakes or perceived mistakes, and that political careers could well end if decisions are wrong.

When leaders make tough calls it will usually be because they think it's the right call. When Gov. Cuomo takes action for New York, he believes it's for the best (certainly influenced by his worldviews). Ditto the governor of Arkansas or Texas or Massachusetts. These are not dumb people, none of them want people to die, and all of them are trying to navigate uncharted waters.

(in reply to MakeeLearn)
Post #: 5561
RE: OT: Corona virus - 4/23/2020 1:31:09 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

quote:

Fundamentally, local (i.e. state and county governments) have lots of leeway to enforce restrictions in the name of public safety and always have. The Federal Government should not domestically.

How it is supposed to work is the county competes against county for the best method, state against state.

With Covid we are seeing that writ large as the individual states responses is greatly varied. There are going to be tremendous economic sea changes as this settles out which I don't think a lot of people have thought about let alone the very obvious political changes.

I would post something but some might consider it too political and I couldn't see his reply.

― Julia Child

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 5562
RE: OT: Corona virus - 4/23/2020 1:37:27 PM   
HansBolter

quote:

ORIGINAL: RFalvo69

quote:

quote:

Constantly trumpeting your political position is irrelevant and boring.

Frankly I find it to be a refreshing counterpoint to the never ending drivel of blithering village idiocy coming from the leftists.

A fine example of how one can strive to keep this thread "non political".

We all understand all too well that your interpretation of keeping the thread "non political" is allowing the leftists to get in their digs without the conservatives being allowed to offer any counter.

Note: where was your criticism of the post I responded to?

listening to the crickets........

Hans

(in reply to RFalvo69)
Post #: 5563
RE: OT: Corona virus - 4/23/2020 1:37:47 PM   
MakeeLearn

U.S. Airstrikes Hit All-Time High as Coronavirus Spreads in Somalia
April 22 2020

https://theintercept.com/2020/04/22/coronavirus-somalia-airstrikes/

"The spike in U.S. airstrikes comes as the number of Covid-19 cases in Somalia is similarly rising. On April 8, there were 21 confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus in Somalia.

As of Wednesday, there were 286. Most of those infected have no history of travel abroad, indicating local transmission of the disease and worrying prospects for the future — especially among the many internally displaced persons, or IDPs, who have lost their homes to the ongoing conflict between al-Shabab and the Federal Government of Somalia, which is backed by the United States."

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 5564
RE: OT: Corona virus - 4/23/2020 1:42:39 PM   
MakeeLearn

Study: High Blood Pressure, Obesity Are Most Common Comorbidities in COVID-19 Patients
A new study of thousands of patients in New York also pinpoints diabetes as a disease that was most commonly seen alongside COVID-19.

April 22, 2020, at 2:53 p.m.

https://www.usnews.com/news/healthiest-communities/articles/2020-04-22/obesity-hypertension-most-common-comorbidities-for-coronavirus-patients

"sing data from electronic health records, researchers from the Feinstein Institutes for Medical Research examined the clinical course, characteristics and outcomes of 5,700 patients who were hospitalized in 12 Northwell Health hospitals in New York City, Long Island and Westchester County, New York, between March 1 and April 4.

Among the 5,350 patients who presented with a comorbid condition, more than 3,000 – or nearly 57% – had high blood pressure, while 41.7% were obese and 33.8% had diabetes, according to the study. Overall, the median age of patients was 63 years old, about 60% were male and on average, patients were discharged within four days. "

(in reply to MakeeLearn)
Post #: 5565
RE: OT: Corona virus - 4/23/2020 1:46:03 PM   
MakeeLearn

Presenting Characteristics, Comorbidities, and Outcomes Among 5700 Patients Hospitalized With COVID-19 in the New York City Area
April 22, 2020

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2765184

"Question What are the characteristics, clinical presentation, and outcomes of patients hospitalized with coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) in the US?

Findings In this case series that included 5700 patients hospitalized with COVID-19 in the New York City area, the most common comorbidities were hypertension, obesity, and diabetes. Among patients who were discharged or died (n = 2634), 14.2% were treated in the intensive care unit, 12.2% received invasive mechanical ventilation, 3.2% were treated with kidney replacement therapy, and 21% died."

(in reply to MakeeLearn)
Post #: 5566
RE: OT: Corona virus - 4/23/2020 1:50:47 PM   
MakeeLearn

what is that bag made out of.... SUPER SPECIAL MATERIAL?

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by MakeeLearn -- 4/23/2020 2:05:02 PM >

(in reply to MakeeLearn)
Post #: 5567
RE: OT: Corona virus - 4/23/2020 1:52:45 PM   
Macclan5

quote:

People - myself included (professionally) - are thinking of this non stop.

We simply do not know the answers (yet)

The real challenge is far less political and far more 'fundamental changes' in consumer / industrial / commercial behavior.

The real ponders:

(i) will human consumer behavior change? Does this mean 'shopping at the mall or seeing a movie' are permanently things of the past ? What is the downstream impact on Business types that rely on 'congregation' ? Tourism ? Or does it slowly restore back towards historical averages - that after an initial period a high percentage of 'consumers' return to normal patterns after a time ?
2008/2009 are historical presidents but may not apply for much different reasons. Is Netflix / Amazon / Shopify more dominant than ever ?

(ii) the world over the last 20 years has significantly progressed towards a global interdependent supply chain in everything from food to auto parts..... or in Economics 101 tradition 'guns to butter'
Will Business - perhaps responding to the Business costs of interruption (just in time delivery) - or even responding to consumer demand - reverse course on global supply chain management ? Will accepting a 'slightly higher cost per widget sourced locally' become an important part of Business Continuity Planning for everything from cars through diary ?

(iii) The Oil glut and storage issue may be a much longer story. Not withstanding production cuts from OPEC and Russia - if consumer and business behavior changes we may not need as much oil for some time. Surplus stocks will take longer to use up especially if production does not stop. Russia 'minimum estimated price' to support Governmental Revenues and program spending is USD $34 per barrel and Saudi's 'minimum estimated price' is USD $28 ( not exact quotes but something along those lines). How / What will the Russian Nation / Saudi Nation react when they cannot support current governmental expenditures over a prolonged period ?

However gasoline at USD $1.00 / gallon CAD $0.70 / Litre ($2.80 per US Gallon) - sows seeds of economic recovery immediatly.

Every roll of Toilet paper must be delivered by Train / Truck to the local store. Delivery expenses have declined 30% (gas / driver / insurance) and net cost of the product can be impacted up to 12%

Add 12% profit margin to every roll of toilet paper. Every autopart. Everything that must be delivered. It wont all be passed on to consumers - Corporate profitability will be quickly restored in some aspects given the glut.

< Message edited by Macclan5 -- 4/23/2020 1:55:42 PM >

A People that values its privileges above it's principles will soon loose both. Dwight D Eisenhower.

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 5568
RE: OT: Corona virus - 4/23/2020 1:54:18 PM   
Canoerebel

Hey, Macclan, long time no see! I just mentioned you in here this a.m. (misspelling your name as McLean). Didn't you have to self-isolate or didn't you wonder if you had symptoms about four weeks ago? After that post, I didn't see you again until now, so I wondered if you were doing okay.

(in reply to Macclan5)
Post #: 5569
RE: OT: Corona virus - 4/23/2020 2:01:29 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: MakeeLearn

Presenting Characteristics, Comorbidities, and Outcomes Among 5700 Patients Hospitalized With COVID-19 in the New York City Area
April 22, 2020

"Question What are the characteristics, clinical presentation, and outcomes of patients hospitalized with coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) in the US?

Findings In this case series that included 5700 patients hospitalized with COVID-19 in the New York City area, the most common comorbidities were hypertension, obesity, and diabetes. Among patients who were discharged or died (n = 2634), 14.2% were treated in the intensive care unit, 12.2% received invasive mechanical ventilation, 3.2% were treated with kidney replacement therapy, and 21% died."

In other words: phat, sweet, and over pressurized people need to be concerned.

― Julia Child

(in reply to MakeeLearn)
Post #: 5570
RE: OT: Corona virus - 4/23/2020 2:03:24 PM   
MakeeLearn

quote:

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: MakeeLearn

April 22, 2020

In other words: phat, sweet, and over pressurized people need to be concerned.

Very insightful!

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 5571
RE: OT: Corona virus - 4/23/2020 2:09:14 PM   
Macclan5

quote:

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

Hey, Macclan, long time no see! I just mentioned you in here this a.m. (misspelling your name as McLean). Didn't you have to self-isolate or didn't you wonder if you had symptoms about four weeks ago? After that post, I didn't see you again until now, so I wondered if you were doing okay.

Thank you Canoerebel

I did self isolate 2 weeks starting March 6 - as I came into direct contact with a primary carrier - direct source - International Traveller.

I was very fortunate - demonstrating no symptoms or illness - in so far as I know. I had a bit of a cold but to this day I do not know if (i) atypical symptoms - light case or (ii) regular run of the mill flu - which is still possible to get.

Testing 'that early in the game' was not available - and now there is no need - or more importantly other people need it more urgently.

Since then its working at home. Now I fully understand why my dog knaws the furniture when at home all day long

< Message edited by Macclan5 -- 4/23/2020 2:10:22 PM >

A People that values its privileges above it's principles will soon loose both. Dwight D Eisenhower.

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 5572
RE: OT: Corona virus - 4/23/2020 2:10:23 PM   
Lowpe

quote:

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

quote:

quote:

I would post something but some might consider it too political and I couldn't see his reply.

DM me, it sounds interesting.

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 5573
RE: OT: Corona virus - 4/23/2020 2:11:37 PM   
HansBolter

quote:

ORIGINAL: Macclan5

quote:

The real challenge is far less political and far more 'fundamental changes' in consumer / industrial / commercial behavior.

The real ponders:

(i) will human consumer behavior change? Does this mean 'shopping at the mall or seeing a movie' are permanently things of the past ? What is the downstream impact on Business types that rely on 'congregation' ? Tourism ? Or does it slowly restore back towards historical averages - that after an initial period a high percentage of 'consumers' return to normal patterns after a time ?
2008/2009 are historical presidents but may not apply for much different reasons. Is Netflix / Amazon / Shopify more dominant than ever ?

Did humanity eschew forever social gathering in the wake of the Spanish Flu?

Will some habits be changed forever, sure, but in time, given enough of it, humanity will revert to its basic need to congregate.

Frankly, as the quintessential loner, its something I have never truly understood, but most humans seem to suffer from this 'need'.

Hans

(in reply to Macclan5)
Post #: 5574
RE: OT: Corona virus - 4/23/2020 2:20:16 PM   
Macclan5

quote:

Will some habits be changed forever, sure, but in time, given enough of it, humanity will revert to its basic need to congregate.

Frankly, as the quintessential loner, its something I have never truly understood, but most humans seem to suffer from this 'need'.

That is a fair observation Hans - LMAO - nice self disclosure.

However congregation economically verses socially can be differentiated.

What we fundamentally had / lacked circa 1919

(i) 4G wireless and the 'internet of things' which was already changing consumer behaviors to various degrees. Social behaviors as well but perhaps less pronounced.

(ii) People in 1919 were generally born / raised / toiled / died within a 50 mile radius. Not so anymore. Everything you bought / did was in an immediate radius.

Sporting Venues / Events may be the litmus test in the immediate short term.

Are you prepared to Pay Per View Stream every Baseball game / Football game / Basketball / "English Football" for my cousins like Warsprite / Hockey ?? Especially when the leagues play in empty stadiums through phase 1 and phase 2 until such time as the 'perfect world wide distribution of antibodies / vacine' ?

(Hockey should be obvious - just do it - Toronto Maple Leafs)

< Message edited by Macclan5 -- 4/23/2020 2:27:42 PM >

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 5575
RE: OT: Corona virus - 4/23/2020 2:27:55 PM   
Lowpe

quote:

quote:

The real ponders:

(ii) the world over the last 20 years has significantly progressed towards a global interdependent supply chain in everything from food to auto parts..... or in Economics 101 tradition 'guns to butter'
Will Business - perhaps responding to the Business costs of interruption (just in time delivery) - or even responding to consumer demand - reverse course on global supply chain management ? Will accepting a 'slightly higher cost per widget sourced locally' become an important part of Business Continuity Planning for everything from cars through diary ?

(iii) The Oil glut and storage issue may be a much longer story. Not withstanding production cuts from OPEC and Russia - if consumer and business behavior changes we may not need as much oil for some time. Surplus stocks will take longer to use up especially if production does not stop. Russia 'minimum estimated price' to support Governmental Revenues and program spending is USD $34 per barrel and Saudi's 'minimum estimated price' is USD $28 ( not exact quotes but something along those lines). How / What will the Russian Nation / Saudi Nation react when they cannot support current governmental expenditures over a prolonged period ?

However gasoline at USD $1.00 / gallon CAD $0.70 / Litre ($2.80 per US Gallon) - sows seeds of economic recovery immediatly.

Every roll of Toilet paper must be delivered by Train / Truck to the local store. Delivery expenses have declined 30% (gas / driver / insurance) and net cost of the product can be impacted up to 12%

Add 12% profit margin to every roll of toilet paper. Every autopart. Everything that must be delivered. It wont all be passed on to consumers - Corporate profitability will be quickly restored in some aspects given the glut.

I think, this being such an erudite group, we are the exception that proves the rule. My monitoring of the local situation here in Pennsylvania there is scant discussion.

To a degree, I think you hit the nail on the head with point one:

Will there be a great business and human migration? Of course.

How in the world can anyone start a new business especially in a shutdown state? The simple answer is a business that can weather another shutdown or even profit by it. Other business will see wholesale business model changes as you allude to. I suspect starting a new business will be put off by those not independently wealthy, perhaps this leads to a huge restructuring of small business equity positions. The underground economy will certainly thrive.

Point three will surely be offset by increased cost of doing business including but not limited to additional employees to sanitize and additional insurance expense. I can only shudder at what that will cost, I also shudder to think how the states will change the unemployment insurance programs (which here in Pennsylvania is very fraudulent). In PA you will be able to continue collecting unemployment insurance even if offered your job back...the Gov'r's advice is for companies to simply pay more.

Anyhow, I see very little discussion of any of this.

(in reply to Macclan5)
Post #: 5576
RE: OT: Corona virus - 4/23/2020 2:31:28 PM   
HansBolter

Sporting events, in order to keep leagues and teams from collapsing, may well have to restart playing in empty venues, but this will be difficult to sustain and the level of play will suffer tremendously.

Nothing quite like the roaring crowd as a source of motivation to excel.

Hans

(in reply to Macclan5)
Post #: 5577
RE: OT: Corona virus - 4/23/2020 2:35:24 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

Sporting events, in order to keep leagues and teams from collapsing, may well have to restart playing in empty venues, but this will be difficult to sustain and the level of play will suffer tremendously.

Nothing quite like the roaring crowd as a source of motivation to excel.

Some teams and spectators (like those of my beloved Oakland A's) won't notice a difference with empty stands.

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 5578
RE: OT: Corona virus - 4/23/2020 2:35:39 PM   
Cheesesteak

quote:

quote:

That is a fair observation Hans - LMAO - nice self disclosure.

However congregation economically verses socially can be differentiated.

What we fundamentally had / lacked circa 1919

(i) 4G wireless and the 'internet of things' which was already changing consumer behaviors to various degrees. Social behaviors as well but perhaps less pronounced.

(ii) People in 1919 were generally born / raised / toiled / died within a 50 mile radius. Not so anymore. Everything you bought / did was in an immediate radius.

Sporting Venues / Events may be the litmus test in the immediate short term.

Are you prepared to Pay Per View Stream every Baseball game / Football game / Basketball / "English Football" for my cousins like Warsprite / Hockey ?? Especially when the leagues play in empty stadiums through phase 1 and phase 2 until such time as the 'perfect world wide distribution of antibodies / vacine' ?

(Hockey should be obvious - just do it - Toronto Maple Leafs)

The sheer number of variables is staggering, let alone how to properly weigh them. If I had to guess, there will be a gradual reversion to BAU going into 2021. Though grounded in some of the financial projections I've heard at work, that's still just a guess.

Fun fact: my wife was in the process of opening a small business right as all this started going down. she literally was due to sign the lease on a commercial space as stay-at-home recommendations were going into effect here in Virginia.

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

(in reply to Macclan5)
Post #: 5579
RE: OT: Corona virus - 4/23/2020 2:37:09 PM   
Lowpe

quote:

quote:

quote:

The real ponders:

Yes, it was quite fundamentally changed economically. Prior to the Spanish Flu and WW1 the economic interdependence was huge, levels never seen before.

It isn't till relatively recently that the world achieved a higher level of economic interdependence. We are talking about decades of huge economic changes...sure people will socialize again, given time, but capital, infrastructure, trade, will not.

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 5580
Page:   <<   < prev  184 185 [186] 187 188   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: OT: Corona virus Page: <<   < prev  184 185 [186] 187 188   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI