Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Europa 1947

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Mods and Scenarios >> Europa 1947 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Europa 1947 - 4/26/2020 5:30:56 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

Something about Europa 1947.

PS. In anyway I have taken pause from this game and playing Europa 1947! What a brutal scenario!
TOAW 4 is splendid software.... Hmmm. maybe we old dogs must be used to some combats that have no casualties for one side and plenty for others (I am seeing this a lot in TOAW 4 I am talking about individual battles) and time machine canceled. Well, we kind of like it surrounding troops and killing it. Now, with timestamp there is penalty to enter that hex in movement points. But anyway TOAW 4 is superb product.

Few words on 1947 scenario. What I said very brutal scenario. In turn 3 Russians attacked more than 100 times. Like there is no tomorrow. So it is very hard for the Germans.... Some strange things happened. When Portugal joined Allies I have sent 2 French fleets from Brest, to block enterance in Portugal harbour. Elmer did send some Polish units into Porugal but took casualties, and also one big Allied fleet instead of attacking me moved closer to me and took a lot of casualties. OK me as well but it is good that PO do some stupid things.
Like attacking Rhodes in the same turn. First his Carriers took a minor damage passing near Rhodes and with counterbattery (I mean planes) he evaporated my coastal unit. Whole. I said what's that. But then he attacked again Rhodes and took something like above 1588 percent casualties. His air unit evaporated and also one whole fleet I think...
He lost four carriers and four disabled and also 21 disabled destroyers and 6 destroyed. LOL those Italians have put a brave fight for just a few casualties.... And how I have 33% and 50% Interdiction when I took most off my planes from Interdiction and only those reorganizing are on Interdiction (you cannot took them from Interdiction because they are reorganizing few turns in a row).

Did anyone played Europa 1947 scenario latest version? Is this some masochist version? LOL Can Axis win this attack... I used every skill to hold Russian hordes but it is a question how long my front will hold.... In Spain I am doing rather good instead of some bad luck and some formations reorganizing few turns now (bad luck with some units from 12th Army they are now free to play... I know winter Shock 75 all winter so quarter of forces are during winter reorganizing). In Syria and Iraq and Iran is interesting game. Elmer is doing a good job, very agressive play but my lines hold and I also counterattacked).

Great scenario! But very very hard...

And one favour... Who have Great War 2.0 for TOAW 4.... Hello anyone there? I need it because maybe this Europa 1947 will turn out like a losing match soon :)

That's why I like TOAW! Seeing brave Italians defending Rhodes like lions and losing in this individual battle 8 EIGHT SQUADS and sinking 4 carriers, damaging 4 and sinking 6 destroyers and damaging 21.

LOL that is for a movie! Share some funny TOAW stories here if you like.

Sorry for posting this here, I made a mistake.

< Message edited by MonkeysBrain2 -- 4/26/2020 5:38:29 PM >
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Mods and Scenarios >> Europa 1947 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI