Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Pz. Leo: H2H + PBM ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Pz. Leo: H2H + PBM ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Pz. Leo: H2H + PBM ? - 7/24/2003 2:59:00 PM   
Frank W.

hi leo.

what´s wrong with the new H2H?

i have 2 pbm´s running and both games failed to load !

hadn´t that very much in normal SPWAW!

frank

Post #: 1
- 7/24/2003 3:49:09 PM   
VikingNo2

Frank we can start a additional game if you wish I have the New H2H and haven't had any trouble.

If you want to be Russia and Me Germany let me know. I need to practice with H2H fr:D :cool:

(in reply to Frank W.)
Post #: 2
- 7/24/2003 4:00:19 PM   
Frank W.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by VikingNo2
[B]Frank we can start a additional game if you wish I have the New H2H and haven't had any trouble.

If you want to be Russia and Me Germany let me know. I need to practice with H2H fr:D :cool: [/B][/QUOTE]

viking: we can play later another game.

anyone some more idea of the failed e-mail games ?

(in reply to Frank W.)
Post #: 3
- 7/24/2003 4:24:19 PM   
VikingNo2

Try rebooting your computer it happens when the files are different dates, and its normally the opponent who gets the error. Take a look at the dates on the files you are receiving if they are different you will get this problem. Three of the four files should be the same date and time. So who ever your opponents is most likely needs to reboot their computer or not zip the game so fast. Sometimes player try to zip and send before the game is fully saved I hope this helps. The bad news is the other person normally needs to replay their last turn to fix the problem.

(in reply to Frank W.)
Post #: 4
- 7/25/2003 2:43:41 PM   
Panzer Leo

[QUOTE]Originally posted by VikingNo2
[B]Try rebooting your computer it happens when the files are different dates, and its normally the opponent who gets the error. Take a look at the dates on the files you are receiving if they are different you will get this problem. Three of the four files should be the same date and time. So who ever your opponents is most likely needs to reboot their computer or not zip the game so fast. Sometimes player try to zip and send before the game is fully saved I hope this helps. The bad news is the other person normally needs to replay their last turn to fix the problem. [/B][/QUOTE]

Viking is right...usually premature quitting of SPWAW causes the game to not save the files correctly...this is the case for all SPWAW variants and only a bit patience from your opponent can help you there... :)

[URL=http://www.theblitz.org/member_sites/panzer_leo_spw@w/spwaw_h2h_modrework.php] [IMG]http://www.theblitz.org/member_sites/panzer_leo_spw@w/PzLeos-H2H-Title-1.jpg[/IMG] [/URL]

Mir nach, ich folge euch !

(in reply to Frank W.)
Post #: 5
- 7/25/2003 7:06:46 PM   
Toontje

I and my opponent also get an error when opening, OOB corrupt message. As far as I know the OOB's are not modified by either of us.

The game further plays normal as far as I can tell.

(in reply to Frank W.)
Post #: 6
- 7/25/2003 9:04:48 PM   
Panzer Leo

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Toontje
[B]I and my opponent also get an error when opening, OOB corrupt message. As far as I know the OOB's are not modified by either of us.

The game further plays normal as far as I can tell. [/B][/QUOTE]

Then one of you uses a different version, or did change version during play.

[URL=http://www.theblitz.org/member_sites/panzer_leo_spw@w/spwaw_h2h_modrework.php] [IMG]http://www.theblitz.org/member_sites/panzer_leo_spw@w/PzLeos-H2H-Title-1.jpg[/IMG] [/URL]

(in reply to Frank W.)
Post #: 7
- 7/26/2003 1:14:35 AM   
Toontje

You're right, and it cleared after synchronizing versions.

(in reply to Frank W.)
Post #: 8
Different Bug with H2H FR - 8/1/2003 1:31:25 PM   
Galka

I've got three PBEM games going in FR now.
Today something strange was occuring in two of the games.
If I moved a certain unit into a certain building or I asked a certain unit what targets it aquired, it repeatedly crashed the program. I've had this happen before, very rarely with other versions of SPWAW, but this was too odd. Reboot solved the first problem. Deleting steel.prf did not solve the other.

other strange occurances cause the screen to flicker or go to black, but recovers without crashing the program.

While I hope nobody else is experiencing these problems, I hope even more that someone has, and knows why.

regards

Galka

"In light of my experience, I consider that your conclusion that the attacker needs a three to one superiority is under the mark, rather than over it. I would say that, for success, the attacker needs six to one or seven to one against a well-knit defence

(in reply to Frank W.)
Post #: 9
Re: Different Bug with H2H FR - 8/1/2003 3:57:35 PM   
Panzer Leo

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Galka
[B]I've got three PBEM games going in FR now.
Today something strange was occuring in two of the games.
If I moved a certain unit into a certain building or I asked a certain unit what targets it aquired, it repeatedly crashed the program. I've had this happen before, very rarely with other versions of SPWAW, but this was too odd. Reboot solved the first problem. Deleting steel.prf did not solve the other.

other strange occurances cause the screen to flicker or go to black, but recovers without crashing the program.

While I hope nobody else is experiencing these problems, I hope even more that someone has, and knows why.

regards

Galka [/B][/QUOTE]

I never heard of sucj problems...can't help you there, sorry :(

(in reply to Frank W.)
Post #: 10
- 8/1/2003 4:19:18 PM   
dlazov

First of all I just reinstalled SP WaW 7.1 into my H2H directory. Then I wiped out all of the scenarios and campaigns. Then I removed my old saves and the prf file.

Then I applied the H2H fr patch. All is well and excellent. Except for one thing, when I place the mouse over water/stream I don't hear the sounds for the terrain. Yes in my preferences I have terrain sound F/X ON.

Any ideas?

BTW, the new sounds (Stuka's from the Probing the Stalin line-MG's and bombs) work and sound great. Now I am learning all over again - lol

Panzer Leo Thxz for the best WaW mod to date.

DGL

An army of rabbits led by a lion, will beat an army of lions, led by a Rabbit. Napoleon

(in reply to Frank W.)
Post #: 11
- 8/2/2003 10:39:38 AM   
dlazov

Fixed it. I deleted all the wav's reinstalled and left wav's alone, installed H2H fr. All is well.

DGL

An army of rabbits led by a lion, will beat an army of lions, led by a Rabbit. Napoleon

(in reply to Frank W.)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Pz. Leo: H2H + PBM ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI