Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Version 1.17.02 released and it is a trouble in PBEM started games

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Version 1.17.02 released and it is a trouble in PBEM started games Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Version 1.17.02 released and it is a trouble in PBEM st... - 5/7/2020 2:19:04 PM   
sad ham

The strategies of most of the games PBEM have to be changed because naval units does not spot anymore inland.
This is a major change in all the games currently played, where the Axis player decided for a sealion operation. The system forced me to update the version just before I was doing sealion. Now I cannot do it anymore (without risking a lot) 'cause I cannot spot anymore which forces are defending the UK beaches.

< Message edited by sad ham -- 5/7/2020 2:20:59 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Version 1.17.02 released and it is a trouble in PBE... - 5/7/2020 2:30:35 PM   
BillRunacre

This does increase the importance of aerial reconnaissance and therefore of winning air superiority, so given the importance of the Battle of Britain this does seem a good thing?

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to sad ham)
Post #: 2
RE: Version 1.17.02 released and it is a trouble in PBE... - 5/7/2020 2:34:13 PM   
Markiss

Spot them with aircraft. It shouldn't stop you.

Lock up your wife and children now,
It's time to wield the blade..

(in reply to sad ham)
Post #: 3
RE: Version 1.17.02 released and it is a trouble in PBE... - 5/7/2020 3:04:31 PM   
sad ham

It is not the same thing in case the opponent has placed anti air units.

(in reply to Markiss)
Post #: 4
RE: Version 1.17.02 released and it is a trouble in PBE... - 5/7/2020 3:05:27 PM   
sad ham

I don't tell it is wrong. It just changes the game strategy and for games already initiated it could be an issue.

(in reply to sad ham)
Post #: 5
RE: Version 1.17.02 released and it is a trouble in PBE... - 5/12/2020 4:02:05 AM   
Gilber

it's just my opinion but I find the new rules on naval spotting more interesting and more in line with reality.
I have never found it very realistic that a naval unit stationed near a city or coastal tiles could get information about the troops on the ground.

Gilles

(in reply to sad ham)
Post #: 6
RE: Version 1.17.02 released and it is a trouble in PBE... - 5/12/2020 7:46:04 PM   
Markiss

It is true, but here poor sad ham got caught mid-operation with a major rules change. It was just unfortunate timing.

It used to be the case that you could finish any started games before you updated, if I recall. But now, the server forces you to update to even get to the lobby. So, any ongoing games are forcibly updated to the new rules mid-game, you don't have any choice or control over it.

That is his complaint, and I can't argue with it. Instant automatic updates are a great leap forward from the old way, but there are unintended consequences. Although not the intent of the system developers, denying service, in effect holding someone's game "hostage", in order to force them to accept an unwanted update, is not a great way of doing things. It doesn't give players that warm, fuzzy feeling they get when they believe that the developers care about their experience. I think there is undeniably room to improve that methodology, and reduce the effects of updates on ongoing games.

Probably not a priority, but the issue should be acknowledged.

< Message edited by Markiss -- 5/13/2020 9:22:57 PM >

Lock up your wife and children now,
It's time to wield the blade..

(in reply to Gilber)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Version 1.17.02 released and it is a trouble in PBEM started games Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI