Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Great for the Wife

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Great for the Wife Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Great for the Wife - 7/25/2003 9:23:40 PM   
Sir Robin

My wife used to hate my computer games.

She always knew that when I was playing my games I was not going to give her attention.

That has now changed.

UV has become the official "backrub" game of our marriage.

As I watch my "elite" pilots happily blow away a destroyer while ignoring the carrier next to it. Witness dozens of torpedoes miss "napping" cruisers. Even the rare cruiser-carrier night engagement where all I touch the Yorktown with is one 5-inch shell, the wife enjoys a serious backrub.

As the basement computer room echos with, "What?! When was your last eye exam!?! Aim for the big floating flat thingy, not the armed canoe!!!" I release my need to strangle someone by reorganizing my wife's spine.

So she happily ignores everything I am saying, reads a book, and gets hour-long backrubs for free.

Not since Panzer General during my previous marriage has my spouse been able to get backrubs without giving her hubby something in return.:rolleyes:

So on behalf of myself and my spouse, thank you Matrix Games.

Now for my next rant. Anyone ever make a WWII version of Jane's Fleet Command? I don't play it much anymore but always enjoy watching my ships, planes, missiles, and torpedoes.

My Lottery Ticket type wish from me is a game that combines elements of Jane's Fleet Command, Hearts of Iron, Gary Grigsby's PacWar, and Uncommon Valor.
Post #: 1
Re: Great for the Wife - 7/25/2003 10:30:53 PM   
Sonny

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sir Robin
[B]........................

My Lottery Ticket type wish from me is a game that combines elements of Jane's Fleet Command, Hearts of Iron, Gary Grigsby's PacWar, and Uncommon Valor. [/B][/QUOTE]

I'll get right on it tomorrow when I win.:D

Quote from Snigbert -

"If you mess with the historical accuracy, you're going to have ahistorical outcomes."

"I'll say it again for Sonny's sake: If you mess with historical accuracy, you're going to have
ahistorical outcomes. "

(in reply to Sir Robin)
Post #: 2
Re: Great for the Wife - 7/26/2003 1:28:24 AM   
crsutton

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sir Robin
[B]My wife used to hate my computer games.

my previous marriage

. [/B][/QUOTE] [I][/I]

This may explain all. Did one of those previous backrubs get out of hand? :-)

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to Sir Robin)
Post #: 3
- 7/26/2003 1:50:23 AM   
Nikademus

my girlfriend just rolls her eyes and walks away when the UV time comes.

Sigh.....some people just dont appreciate what drives a person to want to rule the world. Explosions are a good thing too ;)

(in reply to Sir Robin)
Post #: 4
- 7/26/2003 2:43:23 AM   
Curval

Backrubs huh? Oh yeah...I know all about them.

My wife gets the same treatment in between UV turns...BUT she also gets them when I'm flying in Aces High. I'll take off from a field well away from the action in a plane that has alot of gas (usually a P51D), point it in the direction I want to go and then slap on the auto climb.

I have been shot down many times doing this as I am not at my machine...but as I am not a score whore I don't really care. I just re-up again from another field and go back to rubbing her back.

Now...there have been times that my plane has just kept climbing and climbing while things develop "post back rub"...until it runs out of fuel and crashes.;)

[[B]VMF-323 ~DEATH RATTLERS~ MAG-33[/B]
[URL=http://home.cfl.rr.com/kutt/] VMF 323 Death Rattlers[/url]
[URL=http://Ripsnort60.tripod.com/M3.html]MAG 33 Info[/URL]

(in reply to Sir Robin)
Post #: 5
- 7/26/2003 9:36:43 AM   
demonterico

You guys have it all wrong. My wife brings my dinner and a beer at my computer as I'm playing UV.

But come to think of it, maybe she is glad that I'm not bothering her, and she knows I'll be occupied for hours.

The world has never seen a more impressive demonstration of the influence of sea power upon history. Those far distant, storm-beaten ships, upon which the Grand Army never looked, stood between it and the dominion of the world. -- Alfred Thayer Mahan

(in reply to Sir Robin)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Great for the Wife Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI