Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Partisans???

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> RE: Partisans??? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Partisans??? - 5/8/2020 7:51:15 AM   
sveint

With the latest beta patch partisans are working really well. They are annoying and a consideration but if you keep garrisons around they are manageable.

(in reply to ncc1701e)
Post #: 91
RE: Partisans??? - 5/8/2020 7:55:02 AM   
Onsdag

Thank you. I had a big long post typed up about how broken Partisans are, but if they have indeed been fixed in the latest beta (I'm still using the official stable build - 1.00.06) then I'll hold off on posting it. Hopefully they have been fixed because 3 straight turns of garbage like that (the picture I posted) is game breaking. Especially in the Eastern front where I don't have the luxury of ports everywhere to provide my troops with supply when partisans are running amok.

(in reply to ncc1701e)
Post #: 92
RE: Partisans??? - 5/8/2020 7:17:31 PM   
Dalwin

The current anti-partisan requirements are far too high. Having to put a 20 manpower corps in every third rail hex is quite excessive.

Better, but still high would be if no partisan could spawn within two hexes of any division. I understand that this would be difficult to program, so maybe it is time to look into another system altogether.

(I am not familiar with the details of the beta fix and whether that is working as intended.)

< Message edited by Dalwin -- 5/8/2020 7:18:35 PM >

(in reply to bjfagan)
Post #: 93
RE: Partisans??? - 5/16/2020 9:24:06 PM   
drommarnas

Partisans were annoying in Strategic Command, they were a whack-a-mole nightmare in Victoria...
I only like them in their abstract off-map representation in HoI4 La Resistance.

Why don't you simply simulate partisans with a negative modifier to production? For example: -10% production for Germany in 1941 to represent the effort it took to deal with partisans in France, Yugoslavia, Greece, Russia and so forth. The more you conquer, the higher the modifier gets.

Regarding the impact of partisans. According to TIK the Soviet partisans only had a significant impact in the late stages of the war when the outcome was already decided.
https://youtu.be/9mAzZEZ3BZs?t=2050

PS: "The beta testers wanted on-screen partisans, so I implemented them"...
You never give the customer what they say they want! You give them what they really need instead.

(in reply to Dalwin)
Post #: 94
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> RE: Partisans??? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI