Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Want to buy...but

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> Want to buy...but Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Want to buy...but - 5/14/2020 5:07:08 AM   
surfcandy

With all the negative posts on Steam I don't justify buying this game unless for actually half price including tax. I'll wait.
Post #: 1
RE: Want to buy...but - 5/16/2020 10:11:34 PM   
flapjack484

The patches have fixed pretty much all the issues people complained about and the game is great

(in reply to surfcandy)
Post #: 2
RE: Want to buy...but - 5/17/2020 7:45:46 AM   
mukiblejlok

dont know..looks like game is more buggy after last patch..or is it just me

(in reply to flapjack484)
Post #: 3
RE: Want to buy...but - 5/17/2020 6:56:08 PM   
STIENER

the game is very unpolished IMO...needs a **** can of more work....still has issues. the timer issue is huge...as is the tank main gun loading issue IMO. accuracy is astoundingly bad also.

(in reply to mukiblejlok)
Post #: 4
RE: Want to buy...but - 5/17/2020 10:04:56 PM   
mukiblejlok

stener , sorry mate , but lately you are full of crap

(in reply to STIENER)
Post #: 5
RE: Want to buy...but - 5/17/2020 10:11:27 PM   
STIENER

mukiblejlok......wow...so tell me these arnt issues?

you even said yourself " ..looks like game is more buggy after last patch..or is it just me "

< Message edited by STIENER -- 5/17/2020 11:05:06 PM >

Post #: 6
RE: Want to buy...but - 5/18/2020 5:31:50 PM   
mukiblejlok

that doesnt change the fact that you are lately full of crap...just complaining constantly

(in reply to STIENER)
Post #: 7
RE: Want to buy...but - 5/18/2020 6:12:39 PM   
zakblood

either change the tone and replies, or the thread and topic will be closed, be nice, or be warned, there is no 3rd choice and option

Post #: 8
RE: Want to buy...but - 5/18/2020 6:19:57 PM   
mukiblejlok

ok sorry wont happen again

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 9
RE: Want to buy...but - 5/18/2020 6:26:41 PM   
STIENER

im trying to point out and get fixed game play issues. constructive criticism. they don't get fixed if players don't tell devs what might be wrong.

Post #: 10
RE: Want to buy...but - 5/19/2020 2:50:42 PM   
zakblood

constructive criticism is fine and is always allowed, calling each other or flame attacks isn't, we are all adults, so we all know really what is and what isn't constructive criticism.

everyone is entitled to their own opinions, and nobody is more correct or wrong either than anyone else.

anything that is pointed out and have saves for so it can be reproduced easily gets fixed.

all feedback is welcome, and always will be

(in reply to STIENER)
Post #: 11
RE: Want to buy...but - 6/11/2020 2:18:39 AM   
Marinesku13

Since I started to play TBF I am not much interested to play older CC games, so maybe give it a try... Check sales on GOG Galaxy. I bought it there for less then CAD 30. Fully compatible with Steam version: same updates etc. I am ready to play BTW...

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 12
RE: Want to buy...but - 6/13/2020 2:44:33 PM   
mrob1169

To the original poster of this topic: First, Steam isn't really the best source of reasoned commentary about games. TBF is a lot of fun to play. The maps are well designed and the user interface is easy to learn. The game isn't perfect, but in my opinion the developers have shown they are committed to improving it and fixing issues. Give the game a try.

(in reply to Marinesku13)
Post #: 13
RE: Want to buy...but - 8/3/2020 4:55:05 PM   
GonzoJohn

Hey all,
I'm actually not a new user, but had to create a new account, because for some reason, my old one was deleted.

So I'm actually really interested in buying this, but I won't spend 40 bucks based on what I read about it. Can anyone here say it's now truly worth 40 bucks? I don't feel bad asking that as I've given Matrix/Slitherine enough of my money through the years. I just don't want to spend money on a shoddy product. Thanks!

(in reply to mrob1169)
Post #: 14
RE: Want to buy...but - 8/4/2020 3:05:08 PM   
mrob1169

quote:

ORIGINAL: GonzoJohn

Hey all,
I'm actually not a new user, but had to create a new account, because for some reason, my old one was deleted.

So I'm actually really interested in buying this, but I won't spend 40 bucks based on what I read about it. Can anyone here say it's now truly worth 40 bucks? I don't feel bad asking that as I've given Matrix/Slitherine enough of my money through the years. I just don't want to spend money on a shoddy product. Thanks!

The game has come a long way and the developers are actively supporting it. There aren't a lot of games like this out there, and the best way to see more development of this game and subsequent releases is to support it.

No game is perfect, but I would definitely not call this one "shoddy". Some good work was put into the game and it is fun to play. I wish more content for the game was available, as I am on my fourth play-through of the campaign.

If you do end up buying the game, which is of course your choice to make, and you find things you don't like, then use this forum to offer constructive feedback to help make it better or to influence the design of future installments. That's just an opinion, not telling you what to do.

(in reply to GonzoJohn)
Post #: 15
RE: Want to buy...but - 8/4/2020 4:44:53 PM   
GonzoJohn

quote:

ORIGINAL: mrob1169

quote:

ORIGINAL: GonzoJohn

Hey all,

The game has come a long way and the developers are actively supporting it. There aren't a lot of games like this out there, and the best way to see more development of this game and subsequent releases is to support it.

No game is perfect, but I would definitely not call this one "shoddy". Some good work was put into the game and it is fun to play. I wish more content for the game was available, as I am on my fourth play-through of the campaign.

If you do end up buying the game, which is of course your choice to make, and you find things you don't like, then use this forum to offer constructive feedback to help make it better or to influence the design of future installments. That's just an opinion, not telling you what to do.

Thanks. I will most likely end up buying it. I was more curious if they'd addressed the issues brought up following launch. Though I don't usually follow the Steam forums, they're not very active. But it's a niche game.

(in reply to mrob1169)
Post #: 16
RE: Want to buy...but - 9/5/2020 7:16:19 AM   
Zap

This is the other game I have been looking at to use my anniversary coupon on. Ive owned others in the series. I Like the series. Does this offer an improved AI in your opinion?

< Message edited by Zap -- 9/5/2020 7:17:25 AM >

(in reply to GonzoJohn)
Post #: 17
RE: Want to buy...but - 9/6/2020 3:33:27 AM   
gallycadet

I feel that the AI is better than some of the CC games, but I can't say its better than all, as I have only played a few of the older ones.

(in reply to Zap)
Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> Want to buy...but Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI