Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[Logged] Speed/alt manual/auto settings (Build 1146.2 )

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Logged] Speed/alt manual/auto settings (Build 1146.2 ) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[Logged] Speed/alt manual/auto settings (Build 1146.2 ) - 5/20/2020 5:12:27 PM   
Figeac

Hi guys,

Sorry for being insistent on that issue, but I still think that there is a problem on the automatic/manual speed and altitude/depth sets. I will try to explain what I think is wrong (not sure if it is WAD):

1: I presume that every platform has an standard speed and alt/depth set.

2: If I select a stopped submarine, for example, and set a course for it using F3, it will follow the course using its standard (automatic) settings and its status will change to "on plotted course". Also, if I presse F2, I can see that the boxes for "manual override" are unchecked and the standard values are set as "desired speed/depth". I can also see, on the right side bar, that there is nothing selected on the "unit alt/speed" menu.

3: If I decide to change course by selecting the sub and pressing F3, its status will automatically reverts to "unnasigned" and the desired speed to "full stop". Once I select another waypoint, it will turns to follow the new direction and reverts to the standard speed and "on plotted course" status.

4: But if I decide to mannually change its speed and depth (for example, to creep and periscope) and again try to change course by selecting the sub and pressing F3, it will goes to "full stop" while Im choosing the new waypoint, as before, but when I set the new course, it will sometimes go back to the automatic speed setting, sometimes will just full stop. Strangely, the depth will always keep my manual selection.

5: Also, I can see that the F2 configurations do not always match the right side bar configurations for alt/speed. If you select the sub, presse F2 and try differents speeds and depths, it will sometimes reflects on the right side bar, sometimes not. Sometimes the "manual override" box is checked, but the "thottle/depth presets" are not. Sometimes clicking on a preset on the right side bar works and really sets a new manual speed/depth, sometimes not.

6: My impression is that the right side bar is NOT a mirror of the F2 speed/depth window, or the other way around, but a different source from which I can choose these things, but the plataform do not always knows what to follow. And because of that, it can sometimes follow manual settings, sometimes revert to auto settings, sometimes just stop.

I didnt uploaded a savegame because this is something that can be seen and reproduced in any scenario.

As I said, I dont know if it is a bug or if Im not understanding or missing something, but I decided to report it anyway because I feel that I do not always have control of my platforms (a sub reverts back to cruise when I wanted it to keeps creep to avoid detection, or just stop when I set a new course and I will only notice sometime later, when it should already be on the waypoint position, etc).

Thanks!

< Message edited by apache85 -- 6/9/2020 3:49:49 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Speed/alt manual/auto settings (Build 1146.2 ) - 5/21/2020 9:33:24 AM   
boogabooga

I know that the standard answer here is "saved game please," but I think that Figeac on to something. Something seems oddly off about manual settings, even if difficult to describe or reproduce.

My impression is that mission settings, loadout doctrine, and user input (possibly in more than one place) are all influences. What is WAD regarding priorities when these are in conflict?

Also, I've noticed that there are two types of waypoints; little squares with thin lines for when you assign waypoints manually, and big circles (or squares/triangles for IP/target) with thick lines for when the mission assigns waypoints. What is WAD if you issue manual waypoints and speed altitude commands for a group flying a mission-generated sequence? Are they supposed to return to the mission when they are done flying the manual route? How will speed altitude setting conflicts be resolved then?

(in reply to Figeac)
Post #: 2
RE: Speed/alt manual/auto settings (Build 1146.2 ) - 6/9/2020 3:50:01 AM   
Rory Noonan

Logged for investigation.

(in reply to boogabooga)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Logged] Speed/alt manual/auto settings (Build 1146.2 ) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI