Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Soon in nearest theater AAR EUROPA 1947 AXIS SIDE

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> After Action Reports >> RE: Soon in nearest theater AAR EUROPA 1947 AXIS SIDE Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Soon in nearest theater AAR EUROPA 1947 AXIS SIDE - 5/8/2020 6:41:20 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

quote:

ORIGINAL: John B.

Great AAR. It's hard to see how the Axis can lose this given the land power that they have. But, Elmer keeps on trying. :)

Thank you John, I am glad that you like it!
Well, really interesting game, TOAW is not boring game at all Well, I was afraid that because I don't get reinforcements only by events (i've got some vg divisions many turns ago) so I was afraid that Allies would go too strong because they are getting reinforcements all the time, but it is still possible that Elmer will make some interesting move at one point which would I congratulate in fact.
Axis are strong but Allies can choose when and where they will attack. My defenses everywhere are okayish but not too strong at any point but at some points they can throw enemy right back to the sea from the start. Let him tries Overlord again

(in reply to John B.)
Post #: 61
RE: Soon in nearest theater AAR EUROPA 1947 AXIS SIDE - 5/11/2020 6:42:58 AM   
MonkeysBrain2

Rat Patrol From Fort Normandy Turn 20 (beginning), May 14 1947 (Europa 1947 AAR)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So, it begins, my friends....", General Model, commanding General of Herres Gruppe West was talking to assemled staff during interrupted lunch in Caffe de Paris in Caen, Normandy....
"British has jumped the gun... They have sent their whole fleet with aircraft carriers to the Normandy, they have destroyed some of our fortifications, with some losses sustained...
They have also dropped massive para forces, drop zone is around 130km east of Caen and west of Paris...That includes some German para brigade (probably traitors to the Fatherland! :), some SAS commandos, one Belgian para brigade, British 1st Airborne and 6th Airborne Divisions, and one Polish para brigade....South of Cherbourg enemy landed one HQ and some rangers... We must react swiftly and destroy those paratroopers immediately...
We have captured Baghdad, Basrah, and Kuwait, but enemy counterattacked and throwed us out of Basrah and Kuwait... We are sending reinforcements to the area to stabilize situation.... Also we have captured Teheran by daring para assault by 11th Falshirmjaeger Division. Loss of Baghdad and Teheran caused forces of Iraq and Persia to withdrew from the fight... We are holding on all other fronts.... There was some naval action and airfield bombardment by our navies... On Eastern Front situation is mainly stabilized with some enemy attacks but not so strong and numerous... Enemy is exhausted here and we constantly pummel him here and around Jerusalem with our artilery which I guess makes his troops tired and inflicts big losses..."

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by MonkeysBrain2 -- 5/11/2020 1:33:21 PM >

(in reply to MonkeysBrain2)
Post #: 62
RE: Soon in nearest theater AAR EUROPA 1947 AXIS SIDE - 5/11/2020 6:46:15 AM   
MonkeysBrain2

And bigger picture of Elmer's attack on Normandy...Still no serious invasion from the sea.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 63
RE: Soon in nearest theater AAR EUROPA 1947 AXIS SIDE - 5/11/2020 6:48:16 AM   
MonkeysBrain2

In Palestine still stalemate. We defend here and just bombard enemy forces...

Attachment (1)

Post #: 64
RE: Soon in nearest theater AAR EUROPA 1947 AXIS SIDE - 5/11/2020 6:52:19 AM   
MonkeysBrain2

Confusing situation around Baghdad, Basrah, Kuwait... We will try to clean this mess, so we sent some reinforcements by rail. We are repairing many tracks of damaged railroad in Persia, Iraq, Palestine, Saudi Arabia...

Attachment (1)

Post #: 65
RE: Soon in nearest theater AAR EUROPA 1947 AXIS SIDE - 5/11/2020 6:55:40 AM   
MonkeysBrain2

In Persia enemy front is in collapse, we have captured Teheran and that caused whole Persian army to withdrew from the front.
At last... We are pushing south to destroy remaining enemy units here...

Attachment (1)

Post #: 66
RE: Soon in nearest theater AAR EUROPA 1947 AXIS SIDE - 5/11/2020 7:01:54 AM   
MonkeysBrain2

Front in Russia is mainly stabilized, still enemy makes few attacks but not very dangerous... We have inflicted enormous losses to them in defensive battles and in bombing their positions with our arty which proved very effective...So we hope when earth dries from mud that he will be exhausted. Maybe I will be able to launch some conunterattacks but local in nature in a month or so here...

Attachment (1)

Post #: 67
RE: Soon in nearest theater AAR EUROPA 1947 AXIS SIDE - 5/16/2020 11:17:05 AM   
MonkeysBrain2

To my two readers, yes I mean you and your brother

I have not abandoned this AAR and I will continue it very soon. But I took a little break from TOAW and believe it or not play Atilla Total War as Sassanids. Call me a TOAW traitor but I am long time Total War fan since Medieval2. Which was designed by some Australian guy who designed WARGAMES for ZX Spectrum believe it or not, that's why it is so good.
But I love TOTAL WAR and I applaud Creative Assembly and SEGA for this.

TOAW is not abandoned, it is my first love LOL

Somebody, PLEASE, SEND ME THE GREAT WAR 2.2 OR 2.1 OR EVEN 2.0- For God sake I even helped Daniel McBride with many, many suggestions and played it against him some turns for playtesting (that fortress in Peterwardein is my suggestion for example and many others). I want to write AAR on this because I have readA LOT of books on WW1,WW2, NAPOLEONICS, AMERICAN CIVIL WAR (LOL all Osprey books and ACW just because I liked so much Ultimate General Civil War haha). And let Piero falotti forgive me but Daniel McBrides scenario is BEST WW1 SCENARIO EVER MADE. And it is real shame that it is not included in TOAW 4 main WW1 DIR. That scenario is GAME on it's own. And I want to try it now with new NAVAL RULES.

TOAW will be played but I need some action in Total War. I have played Empire many times, Kingdoms MTW 2 expansion also great, Rome 2, Napoleon, etc. and I love naval battles and of course land battles. Empire has nice Steam online matchmaking, you can choose to play against live opponent during campaign if battle is almost even or winnable by both. I have won that battle, so live op replace AI just for that battle. He had Indians in the forest, and you see only puffs of smoke how he is firing with his Indian skirmishers from the woods, hidden. Great moments. Or that battle against Poland. In Teutonic campaign from Kingdoms exp. MTW2. Well i played Lithuania and that was awesome campaign. Hard battle with lots of cavarly. Of course I fixed him with infantry and with cavarly I have throwed everything from behind after destroying his right flank. Legendary battle.

So, UK can be proud for Creative Assembly. Great company. Guard it well.

If Total War becomes boring I will be back to TOAW..... If

< Message edited by MonkeysBrain2 -- 5/16/2020 12:09:59 PM >

Post #: 68
RE: Soon in nearest theater AAR EUROPA 1947 AXIS SIDE - 5/16/2020 11:24:57 AM   
MonkeysBrain2

1947 is great scenario. God damn it, American fleet is near Sicily. If I throw obsolete Italian aircraft against them, F80 Shooting Stars slaughter me. If I send navy, they sink one of my precious battleships. So let them shell Sicilian coast. I will sink them eventually.
But, I have conquered almost all in the Middle East. Basrah is captured. Elmer cannot send anything here this way, only paras and they will be destroyed. There is only some troops left here which will be destroyed in few turns because they are now out of supply... They get some penalty I guess in combat for being out of supply. It only 5-6 divisions and they are cut off.

Silvanski, very good work!
But, why adding 500 aircraft from time to time. So that stupid AI can bombard my airfields ON and ON and ON. Bad design choice. Why AI is so stupid in Africa and tires his troops mindlesly, obviously he doesn't know what to do after I have captured Gibraltar. But in UK he now have enough force for a real Churchill invasion of France.

Post #: 69
RE: Soon in nearest theater AAR EUROPA 1947 AXIS SIDE - 5/16/2020 11:30:18 AM   
MonkeysBrain2

Well, In USA also AI is shuffling units from port to port, maybe Ralph could TELL AI that MOVING TROOPS LOWERS READINESS AND SUPPLY. ???

Post #: 70
RE: Soon in nearest theater AAR EUROPA 1947 AXIS SIDE - 5/16/2020 12:42:02 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.
Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure. We are met on a great battle-field of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of that field, as a final resting place for those who here gave their lives that that nation might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.

But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate—we can not consecrate—we can not hallow—this ground. The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us—that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion—that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain—that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom—and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.
—Abraham Lincoln
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gettysburg_Address

< Message edited by MonkeysBrain2 -- 5/16/2020 1:03:22 PM >

Post #: 71
RE: Soon in nearest theater AAR EUROPA 1947 AXIS SIDE - 5/16/2020 6:19:22 PM   
John B.

Did Total War get boring that quickly? :)

Post #: 72
RE: Soon in nearest theater AAR EUROPA 1947 AXIS SIDE - 5/16/2020 6:26:45 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

LOL John Lennon, I still didn't started it.

i love TOAW because it's diversity. Let me explain. When you attack entrained units you will make them retreat. I visualize bunch of indians gang up full trains of soldiers, difficult to defend so defense is much lower and deployment sucks.

I will start Sassanid campaign this evening. I will be back to TOAW. In the meantime please get me all Stauffenberg aka Daniel McBrides scenario, I need it for my next series of AAR's.

< Message edited by MonkeysBrain2 -- 5/16/2020 6:27:18 PM >

(in reply to John B.)
Post #: 73
RE: Soon in nearest theater AAR EUROPA 1947 AXIS SIDE - 5/16/2020 6:36:36 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonkeysBrain2

LOL John Lennon, I still didn't started it.

i love TOAW because it's diversity. Let me explain. When you attack entrained units you will make them retreat. I visualize bunch of indians gang up full trains of soldiers, difficult to defend so defense is much lower and deployment sucks.

I will start Sassanid campaign this evening. I will be back to TOAW. In the meantime please get me all Stauffenberg aka Daniel McBrides scenario, I need it for my next series of AAR's.

See you in a year :) Just joking but Medieval 2 was so addicting game. Only few times I've lost a city and that was time when Mongols took my Turkish castle in Medieval 2 endless stream of cavarly advancing though broken gates...

I will try Sassanids but I doubt that TOTAL WAR is better than TOAW. Quite opposite. This is just more shinny.

Post #: 74
RE: Soon in nearest theater AAR EUROPA 1947 AXIS SIDE - 5/16/2020 11:38:34 PM   
MikeJ19

Good luck and have fun!

Mike

Retired Gunner

Post #: 75
RE: Soon in nearest theater AAR EUROPA 1947 AXIS SIDE - 5/17/2020 12:51:52 AM   
MonkeysBrain2

quote:

ORIGINAL: MikeJ19

Good luck and have fun!

Thanks Mike! White Huns are tough I guess that I will be back to TOAW soon. Atilla has brutal battles, OK, I have set up target for my allies but White Huns will be very hard to destroy. They made TOTAL WAR much harder. Empire was best.

(in reply to MikeJ19)
Post #: 76
RE: Soon in nearest theater AAR EUROPA 1947 AXIS SIDE - 5/17/2020 8:18:20 AM   
MonkeysBrain2

Rail is repaired all the down to Basrah and Kuwait...

Attachment (1)

Post #: 77
RE: Soon in nearest theater AAR EUROPA 1947 AXIS SIDE - 5/17/2020 8:30:39 AM   
MonkeysBrain2

Turn 23 West Europe Atlantic Defense Wall shaken after naval, air and para attacks but we still hold and repaired all rail damage by paras. Maybe some reinforcements will be railed as Int is 0 so better now, around Paris.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 78
RE: Soon in nearest theater AAR EUROPA 1947 AXIS SIDE - 5/17/2020 8:33:22 AM   
MonkeysBrain2

I plan also to bomb those dangerous UK Jets bases in North Africa from my naval base in Crete. First I must gather some fleets here.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 79
RE: Soon in nearest theater AAR EUROPA 1947 AXIS SIDE - 5/17/2020 8:41:07 AM   
MonkeysBrain2

As you can see I have sent by rail SS Hohenstaufen to Rennes just in case... They have 328 Panthers. That's a lot of firepower

Attachment (1)

Post #: 80
RE: Soon in nearest theater AAR EUROPA 1947 AXIS SIDE - 5/18/2020 3:49:10 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

LATEST NEWS ALLIES DROP PARAS NEAR SVALBARD NORWAY...
------------------------------------------------------

zzzzzzzziiiip zzzzippp a German radio operator rushed to the commanding office in Svalbard, Norway :

"Herr General, Allies has droped some paras near Svalbard and they are attacking us!"

https://www.traveller.com.au/svalbard-norway--life-in-the-deepfreeze-gtlkzi

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by MonkeysBrain2 -- 5/18/2020 3:52:12 PM >

Post #: 81
RE: Soon in nearest theater AAR EUROPA 1947 AXIS SIDE - 5/18/2020 3:51:39 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

Meanwhile just north of Narvik Allies landed even more paras and cut of whole Northern Norway from supply. But, not for long my dear readers, we have defenses in Norway so it will not be cakewalk for them....

Attachment (1)

Post #: 82
RE: Soon in nearest theater AAR EUROPA 1947 AXIS SIDE - 5/18/2020 3:55:09 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

Turn 24, June 11th 1947....
Allies land a lone HQ in Spain. Well...

Attachment (1)

Post #: 83
RE: Soon in nearest theater AAR EUROPA 1947 AXIS SIDE - 5/18/2020 3:57:36 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

This US task force got close to Turkish coast and just waits to be destroyed but they also have range 2 guns so maybe some air attack by some Stuka 187 squadrons...

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by MonkeysBrain2 -- 5/18/2020 3:58:49 PM >

Post #: 84
RE: Soon in nearest theater AAR EUROPA 1947 AXIS SIDE - 5/18/2020 4:01:12 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

This is last Allies forces in Iraq that will be destroyed this turn, they are surrounded.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 85
RE: Soon in nearest theater AAR EUROPA 1947 AXIS SIDE - 5/19/2020 8:40:30 AM   
MonkeysBrain2

Our brave laborers rail repair units, pioneers, even some HQ with railroad repair capability have repaired last stretch of rail
and connected Baghdad with Persia, and soon Levant as well...

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by MonkeysBrain2 -- 5/19/2020 9:19:59 AM >

Post #: 86
RE: Soon in nearest theater AAR EUROPA 1947 AXIS SIDE - 5/20/2020 5:24:49 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

Rat Patrol From Fort Bragg Turn 27, 25th June 1947 (beginning of second turn of my play so Elmer will have next time 2 turns in a row I guess)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
.....Meanwhile near Tel Aviv, there was lovely discussion on the situation between Feld. Rommel and Cruwell.... "Ah, my dear Cruwell we cannot break this stalemate in front of Jerusalem... Yes, we shell them non stop but for what use? And we cannot attack them directly! So, maybe some bold deception... Our ships discovered that We can make amphibious landing without oposition in the Enemys rear, El-Arish, Port Said and even Suez are undefended. But there is great risk that those troops will be destroyed because enemy is strong here in front line and in the rear. But we are counting on his withdrawing some troops from the front line and then we could struck also from the north.....

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by MonkeysBrain2 -- 5/20/2020 5:30:20 PM >

Post #: 87
RE: Soon in nearest theater AAR EUROPA 1947 AXIS SIDE - 5/20/2020 5:27:13 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

Baghdad - Kuwait area all clear, no enemy troops, all destroyed.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 88
RE: Soon in nearest theater AAR EUROPA 1947 AXIS SIDE - 5/20/2020 5:29:38 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

Eastern Front... Russians seems to be exhausted and bled to death... But, anyway we will send some more arty to shell them...

Attachment (1)

Post #: 89
RE: Soon in nearest theater AAR EUROPA 1947 AXIS SIDE - 5/20/2020 5:32:59 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

...And, Herr General, we have destroyed all paras in Norway... There is still some heavy allied naval presence, 2 CW Task Forces and we cannot attack them right now...

Attachment (1)

Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> After Action Reports >> RE: Soon in nearest theater AAR EUROPA 1947 AXIS SIDE Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI