Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Custom Ops

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> Close Combat The Bloody First - Modding >> Custom Ops Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Custom Ops - 4/26/2020 4:58:47 PM   
ineffable

Custom Op mod. Create one map custom ops.

You must have at least v1.1.0 to use this mod. An illustrated readme is included in the linked .zip above

1. Create a custom scenario in Scenario Editor.

2. Save this as Custom Battle.txt

3. In C:\Documents\My Games\CloseCombatTheBloodyFirst\Maps open Custom Battle.txt

4. On the top line change 4.1 to 3

5. Place the cursor after the last entry in file and press the ENTER key three times to add 3 empty lines

6. Save edited Custom Battle.txt to C:\Documents\My Games\CloseCombatTheBloodyFirst\Mods\Custom Op\Campaigns\Main\Data\BATTLES\ and replace the existing Custom Battle.txt in that folder

7. Open C:\Documents\My Games\CloseCombatTheBloodyFirst\Mods\Custom Op\Campaigns\Main\Data\OPERATIONS\Custom Op.txt

8. On line 7 set the date & time you want your custom operation to start. On line 8 set the date & time you want your operation to end. On the last line set the side that will initially have initiative; 0=US, 1=GE

9. Save the edited Custom Op.txt

10. Start TBF, select Custom Op from the Mods drop down menu on the Main Screen

Play game

[OPTIONAL] Open C:\...\Documents\My Games\CloseCombatTheBloodyFirst\Mods\Custom Op\Campaigns\Main\Text1.txt, press CTRL+F, type "TEXT" (with quote marks), and replace with your own Campaign/Operation summaries and briefings. Or just use the Scenario Editor to create a custom Battle summary and briefings.

< Message edited by ineffable -- 4/26/2020 5:12:50 PM >

Quid si
Post #: 1
RE: Custom Ops - 4/27/2020 11:08:45 AM   
mukiblejlok

tried this but now cant start game, got error invalid datetime format in file. (0)

(in reply to ineffable)
Post #: 2
RE: Custom Ops - 4/27/2020 12:23:41 PM   
ineffable

Sounds like the date/time format is borked in your Custom Battle.txt file.

The date/time format must be at the beginning of line 7 in the format YYYY MM DD HH M M

examples:
1942 12 28 15 0 0 = 3pm December 28, 1942
1944 6 6 6 0 0 = 6am June 6, 1944

This battle date/time is only used for single battles and is superseded by the start & end date/times in the op file

Attachment (1)

Quid si

(in reply to mukiblejlok)
Post #: 3
RE: Custom Ops - 4/27/2020 2:23:34 PM   
mukiblejlok

lol forum wont allow me to use any numbers..i tried to copy paste my time setting from op and battles..double checked everything, could not find anything wrong, but still get same error

(in reply to ineffable)
Post #: 4
RE: Custom Ops - 4/27/2020 2:45:30 PM   
mukiblejlok

ok, deleted everything and re did it, it works now, tnx

Post #: 5
RE: Custom Ops - 5/21/2020 6:08:10 AM   
AUBGeek87

Man, it worked!!! So the reason I was getting runtime errors before and couldn't even launch the game is because of the changing of 4.1 to 3. Once I changed it back to 4.1 it launched. And I was able to make somewhat of a balanced custom battle where both sides had bunch of tanks and infantry, and resupply my units and fight till the enemy was off the map. It's awesome. Would this work in multiplayer though?

Post #: 6
RE: Custom Ops - 5/21/2020 12:14:36 PM   
ineffable

It should work in multiplayer. None of the files in the mod is much different than the stock game. Step and repeat to make other custom ops.

Quid si

(in reply to AUBGeek87)
Post #: 7
RE: Custom Ops - 5/21/2020 3:05:41 PM   
AUBGeek87

Good stuff. Now, is there a way to quickly increase the availability of units within a given custom battle? Say instead of 14 main and 5 support units, I could make it 20 main and 10 support units.

(in reply to ineffable)
Post #: 8
RE: Custom Ops - 5/21/2020 9:58:13 PM   
Nomada_Firefox

quote:

ORIGINAL: ineffable

Custom Op mod. Create one map custom ops.

You must have at least v1.1.0 to use this mod. An illustrated readme is included in the linked .zip above

1. Create a custom scenario in Scenario Editor.

2. Save this as Custom Battle.txt

3. In C:\Documents\My Games\CloseCombatTheBloodyFirst\Maps open Custom Battle.txt

4. On the top line change 4.1 to 3

5. Place the cursor after the last entry in file and press the ENTER key three times to add 3 empty lines

6. Save edited Custom Battle.txt to C:\Documents\My Games\CloseCombatTheBloodyFirst\Mods\Custom Op\Campaigns\Main\Data\BATTLES\ and replace the existing Custom Battle.txt in that folder

7. Open C:\Documents\My Games\CloseCombatTheBloodyFirst\Mods\Custom Op\Campaigns\Main\Data\OPERATIONS\Custom Op.txt

8. On line 7 set the date & time you want your custom operation to start. On line 8 set the date & time you want your operation to end. On the last line set the side that will initially have initiative; 0=US, 1=GE

9. Save the edited Custom Op.txt

10. Start TBF, select Custom Op from the Mods drop down menu on the Main Screen

Play game

[OPTIONAL] Open C:\...\Documents\My Games\CloseCombatTheBloodyFirst\Mods\Custom Op\Campaigns\Main\Text1.txt, press CTRL+F, type "TEXT" (with quote marks), and replace with your own Campaign/Operation summaries and briefings. Or just use the Scenario Editor to create a custom Battle summary and briefings.

Very very good work.

(in reply to ineffable)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> Close Combat The Bloody First - Modding >> Custom Ops Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI