Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

HQBU

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> HQBU Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
HQBU - 5/19/2020 10:27:34 PM   
sillyflower

To quote from the updated manual

"Another tough decision is whether to use the HQ Buildup function. This guarantees that your assault troops attached to a corps HQ will get maximum MPs"

So do panzers automatically get 50 MP the turn after the HQBU, and presumably still have a 100% load of fuel for the next turn also, or have the effects changed from the early days?

Doesn't seem to be a very tough decision............

< Message edited by sillyflower -- 5/19/2020 10:29:38 PM >

web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?
Post #: 1
RE: HQBU - 5/19/2020 10:36:32 PM   
eskuche

The amount received is very very much lower. The new supply system is quite constraining so you will need to pay close attention to supply cities. See 2x3 MP game where some panzers by Voronezh in ‘41 got 10-12 MP. I did two near Poltava at 20 hexes for 13 MP recently.

(in reply to sillyflower)
Post #: 2
RE: HQBU - 5/19/2020 11:11:43 PM   
Telemecus

One change for example is that there are now ratings checks for movement after an HQBU when there did not used to be. So if you have a panzer losing both its admin and initiative check it will already be no more than 32 MPs even if full of fuel. I think that alone gives the picture, but there is more still ...

Wargamers Discord https://discord.gg/U6DcDxT

(in reply to eskuche)
Post #: 3
RE: HQBU - 5/19/2020 11:40:37 PM   
redrum68

Yeah, so far from my experience is you need to be much closer to the railhead now and ideally not move or move very little that turn you use it. Otherwise you won't get that much fuel or MP.

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 4
RE: HQBU - 5/20/2020 7:53:21 AM   
sillyflower

Thanks chaps.
My heroic workers and peasants will now sleep more easily in their trenches (at least they would if I let them sleep) , dreaming of shooting the authors of the manual for spreading misleading fascist propaganda

web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

(in reply to redrum68)
Post #: 5
RE: HQBU - 5/21/2020 10:57:14 PM   
Vifee

If there's decent supply HQBUs almost always give the units in question 40 or 50 MPs, depending on, like Telemecus said, an admin roll. Certainly by turn 4-5 HQBUs will give max movement to German mobile units near the normal Soviet MLR, though a hardcore retreat past Smolensk may still drag them to the end of their leash. The other main thing to know about HQBUs is that they give the HQ a big surplus stock of fuel, which means that units that HQBU will have decent movement the turn after their big move as well, unless they are separated from their HQ.

Post #: 6
RE: HQBU - 5/21/2020 11:02:14 PM   
sillyflower

So, in other words, HQBU hasn't really changed if G is about 25 MP from railhead?

web exchange

(in reply to Vifee)
Post #: 7
RE: HQBU - 5/21/2020 11:09:32 PM   
eskuche

Again, I'm not sure how it was before, but axis rail modifier seems to play a large part in what gets through. Also, as someone else mentioned, moving at all decreases the output because there's a standard supply movement penalty and an HQBU supply movement penalty.

Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> HQBU Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI