Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Is this an undocumented change in the new version or...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Is this an undocumented change in the new version or... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Is this an undocumented change in the new version or... - 5/27/2020 4:51:51 AM   
Dalwin

… or is it some event that is triggered without an announcement to either side? I am speaking of Axis diplomacy with the Dutch East Indies. DEI had gotten to 80+ % toward Axis, then suddenly on August 1941 it was at 24% without anything announced to either side.

If this is intentional, what triggers it? On the previous turn, Japan had declined to diplomatically take Indochina, but it would be bizarre if that were the trigger. I have successfully taken the DEI this way before and done so a few turns before the Pacific War got rolling.
Post #: 1
RE: Is this an undocumented change in the new version o... - 5/27/2020 7:11:29 AM   
Marcinos1985

Doesn't oil embargo towards Japan shift DEI strongly towards Allies?

(in reply to Dalwin)
Post #: 2
RE: Is this an undocumented change in the new version o... - 5/27/2020 12:16:58 PM   
BillRunacre

Hi Dalwin

Marcinos1985 is right, it is an impact of the oil embargo.

It's nothing new, but thanks for raising it as I will add it to the Strategy Guide because it isn't currently mentioned in it.

Bill

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to Marcinos1985)
Post #: 3
RE: Is this an undocumented change in the new version o... - 5/27/2020 6:55:17 PM   
Dalwin

So the bottom line is that if you want to diplomatically annex the DEI you have to do it before the US oil embargo kicks in. It was close, and now I know. That is somewhere in the ballpark of 800 MPP wasted, not to mention the lost opportunity of doing diplomacy anywhere else.

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 4
RE: Is this an undocumented change in the new version o... - 5/27/2020 6:58:44 PM   
amandkm

Confused there. Even if you put in every single chit all three Axis powers have, it would only be 550 MPP, right?

(in reply to Dalwin)
Post #: 5
RE: Is this an undocumented change in the new version o... - 5/29/2020 6:01:09 PM   
Dalwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: amandkm

Confused there. Even if you put in every single chit all three Axis powers have, it would only be 550 MPP, right?

That is not correct. Every time you get a success and gain some percentage, whether a few or several, a chit is burned and has to be replaced for maximum chance at future gains.

(in reply to amandkm)
Post #: 6
RE: Is this an undocumented change in the new version o... - 5/29/2020 7:09:52 PM   
amandkm

I had *not* noticed that! Interesting.

(in reply to Dalwin)
Post #: 7
RE: Is this an undocumented change in the new version o... - 5/30/2020 1:23:31 AM   
ThunderLizard11

I had this happen and now don't bother trying to flip DEI. There's not that big of a gain to make it worthwhile.

(in reply to amandkm)
Post #: 8
RE: Is this an undocumented change in the new version o... - 5/31/2020 2:48:14 AM   
shadowX

in the games i have played as axis, i never did attack DEI however later in the war for some reason the us declares war on them and they turn axis every time.

(in reply to ThunderLizard11)
Post #: 9
RE: Is this an undocumented change in the new version o... - 6/8/2020 8:49:12 AM   
Dalwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: ThunderLizard2

I had this happen and now don't bother trying to flip DEI. There's not that big of a gain to make it worthwhile.

quote:

ORIGINAL: shadowX

in the games i have played as axis, i never did attack DEI however later in the war for some reason the us declares war on them and they turn axis every time.

I find this to be different in multi-player, which is all I play. The advantage to getting it before the war is in the position itself more than the economics. The British are forced to be more concerned about India, giving you more of a free hand in the Pacific.

(in reply to ThunderLizard11)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Is this an undocumented change in the new version or... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI