Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Colorized photos of WWII and the stupidity of facebook

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Colorized photos of WWII and the stupidity of facebook Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Colorized photos of WWII and the stupidity of facebook - 5/31/2020 11:00:22 AM   
JohnDillworth

Olga Shirnina is one of the worlds leading photo colorizes. Meaning she takes historical black & white photos and colorizes them. She is fluent in Russian and German and many of her photos are from the WWI, WWII period. She colorizes photos. Her politics, whatever thy are , are not apparent in her outstanding work. Nonetheless she was recently suspended by Facebook for Nazi glorification. A victim of the algorithm I suppose. All that aside you should not miss her outstanding work. Start here: https://www.rferl.org/a/facebook-suspends-russian-colorist-for-war-imagery/30641859.html and here https://klimbim2020.wordpress.com

< Message edited by JohnDillworth -- 5/31/2020 11:02:35 AM >

Today I come bearing an olive branch in one hand, and the freedom fighter's gun in the other. Do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. I repeat, do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. - Yasser Arafat Speech to UN General Assembly
Post #: 1
RE: Colorized photos of WWII and the stupidity of facebook - 5/31/2020 11:08:57 AM   
btd64

I don't normally like when someone colorizes old photos, but her work is good....GP

Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton

(in reply to JohnDillworth)
Post #: 2
RE: Colorized photos of WWII and the stupidity of facebook - 5/31/2020 11:11:37 AM   
Yaab

She should colorise some PTO pics.

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 3
RE: Colorized photos of WWII and the stupidity of facebook - 5/31/2020 11:18:33 AM   
inqistor

Any picture involving previous war conflict is considered political activism nowadays by Facebook. You have to be registered political organization to put anything like this.

There is this guy - The Good Cemeterian, who renovates old graves (more Civil War, than anything modern), and his account also got suspended few months ago.

Post #: 4
RE: Colorized photos of WWII and the stupidity of facebook - 5/31/2020 12:24:51 PM   
warspite1

Those pictures are incredible.... I wonder if the hammer and sickle was actually white then or if she made a mistake?

The quality of the images though.... wow - especially looking at the Tsar... amazing stuff

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

Post #: 5
RE: Colorized photos of WWII and the stupidity of facebook - 5/31/2020 12:28:31 PM   
Yaab

quote:

ORIGINAL: JohnDillworth

Olga Shirnina is one of the worlds leading photo colorizes. Meaning she takes historical black & white photos and colorizes them. She is fluent in Russian and German and many of her photos are from the WWI, WWII period. She colorizes photos. Her politics, whatever thy are , are not apparent in her outstanding work. Nonetheless she was recently suspended by Facebook for Nazi glorification. A victim of the algorithm I suppose. All that aside you should not miss her outstanding work. Start here: https://www.rferl.org/a/facebook-suspends-russian-colorist-for-war-imagery/30641859.html and here https://klimbim2020.wordpress.com

Yep, Facebook probably "thinks" Black Panthers fought at Kursk, but didn't do much during the battle because they had teeth problems.

Post #: 6
RE: Colorized photos of WWII and the stupidity of facebook - 5/31/2020 1:25:01 PM   
Sardaukar

Colour me surprised...

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 7
RE: Colorized photos of WWII and the stupidity of facebook - 5/31/2020 2:56:11 PM   
castor troy

WOW! Didn't know it could be done that well!

Post #: 8
RE: Colorized photos of WWII and the stupidity of facebook - 5/31/2020 3:25:09 PM   
BBfanboy

Great pictures in the first link, but the second one yields only a blank white screen. Is there more to the link than you posted?

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

Post #: 9
RE: Colorized photos of WWII and the stupidity of facebook - 5/31/2020 4:26:09 PM   
JohnDillworth

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

Great pictures in the first link, but the second one yields only a blank white screen. Is there more to the link than you posted?

maybe I messed the link up but try this https://klimbim2020.wordpress.com

Today I come bearing an olive branch in one hand, and the freedom fighter's gun in the other. Do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. I repeat, do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. - Yasser Arafat Speech to UN General Assembly

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 10
RE: Colorized photos of WWII and the stupidity of facebook - 5/31/2020 6:49:19 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: JohnDillworth

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

maybe I messed the link up but try this https://klimbim2020.wordpress.com

Still a blank white screen. I even tried dropping the "s" in https. Could be something to do with my browser Internet Explorer or my country not being USA.

EDIT: I could reach WordPress.com which is a web authoring site, but no way to get the klimbim2020 to work. They want me to sign up so it may be that you have rights on the site that I do not.

< Message edited by BBfanboy -- 5/31/2020 6:52:41 PM >

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

Post #: 11
RE: Colorized photos of WWII and the stupidity of facebook - 5/31/2020 7:34:12 PM   
Jorge_Stanbury

awesome pictures, I really like the Tsarist ones

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 12
RE: Colorized photos of WWII and the stupidity of facebook - 5/31/2020 10:25:41 PM   
Malevolence

Great work.

Feel sorry for the future victims of misguided censorship. "Road to hell..." and "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." quotes both come to mind.

Nicht kleckern, sondern klotzen!

*Please remember all posts are made by a malevolent, autocratic despot whose rule is marked by unjust severity and arbitrary behavior. Your experiences may vary.

(in reply to Jorge_Stanbury)
Post #: 13
RE: Colorized photos of WWII and the stupidity of facebook - 5/31/2020 10:43:55 PM   
geofflambert

How would FB react to Holocaust pics? We can't be censoring history.

(in reply to Malevolence)
Post #: 14
RE: Colorized photos of WWII and the stupidity of facebook - 6/1/2020 2:38:46 PM   
Kull

We already know what's coming: Fahrenheit 451

Except it will be so much easier when all books are in the "cloud". Then all you'll need are Admin rights and a delete key.

(in reply to geofflambert)
Post #: 15
RE: Colorized photos of WWII and the stupidity of facebook - 6/2/2020 2:45:18 AM   
NigelKentarus

Great Pix!

Fight like you're the 3rd monkey on the plank to Noah's ark. And brother, it's starting to rain.

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Colorized photos of WWII and the stupidity of facebook Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI