Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Pictures of cats

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Pictures of cats Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Pictures of cats - 3/21/2020 11:42:50 AM   
Orm

Thank you for sharing pictures of all those lovely cats.

And I am so envious.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 31
RE: Pictures of cats - 3/21/2020 11:53:22 AM   
Zorch

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

Thank you for sharing pictures of all those lovely cats.

And I am so envious.

Of the cats or the pictures?

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 32
RE: Pictures of cats - 3/21/2020 11:56:02 AM   
Orm

Of people who has cats, and take proper care of them.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 33
RE: Pictures of cats - 3/21/2020 11:24:21 PM   
demyansk

I have three cats and nice work taking care of the kittens.

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 34
RE: Pictures of cats - 6/1/2020 2:25:40 PM   
Orm

Have you guys already run out of cat pictures?

Would love to see some more.

(in reply to demyansk)
Post #: 35
RE: Pictures of cats - 6/1/2020 2:54:15 PM   
zakblood

you can never have too many

now who wants a new play house for them?

Attachment (3)

< Message edited by zakblood -- 6/1/2020 2:57:30 PM >

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 36
RE: Pictures of cats - 6/1/2020 3:00:55 PM   
durangokid

Looking for pictures as we speak.

< Message edited by durangokid -- 6/1/2020 3:03:27 PM >

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 37
RE: Pictures of cats - 6/1/2020 3:24:31 PM   
durangokid

Kitten

Attachment (1)

(in reply to durangokid)
Post #: 38
RE: Pictures of cats - 6/1/2020 3:30:10 PM   
Orm

Thank you, zakblood, what wonderful cats.

And thank you, durangokid, for the picture of the lovely kitten. Although, for some reason, that picture makes me feel like I am a mouse.

< Message edited by Orm -- 6/1/2020 3:31:40 PM >

(in reply to durangokid)
Post #: 39
RE: Pictures of cats - 6/1/2020 3:32:55 PM   
durangokid

Other Kitten

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by durangokid -- 6/1/2020 3:34:17 PM >

(in reply to durangokid)
Post #: 40
RE: Pictures of cats - 6/2/2020 12:40:01 AM   
Neilster

This is our family cat Beast. No longer with us but he was a Maine Coon and wasn't fully grown here. He ended up being a very large cat.

Maine Coons are known for being large and very intelligent. Beast would fetch a small ball and visitors would be amazed when he would wander up to us and drop it at our feet because he wanted to play. He also used to beat up dogs and jump on their backs and attack them like a Wolverine. He was tough but cool.

Attachment (1)

Cheers, Neilster

(in reply to durangokid)
Post #: 41
RE: Pictures of cats - 6/2/2020 2:09:51 AM   
demyansk

The people who do this should be locked up, unbelievable tying cats in a bag, sick muthas

The black cat in this picture had asthma, he would wait for me to come home and jump on my shoulders and walk around with me on the shoulders. I really liked him, he died naturally, probably a heart attack. The other one was Rosie, sat on my lap while I played battlefield 2. Great cat.

< Message edited by demyansk -- 6/2/2020 2:12:44 AM >

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 42
RE: Pictures of cats - 6/2/2020 2:49:14 AM   
Lobster

Maine Coons are very large cats indeed. Had a friend who had four of them. Like a pack of fluffy lions.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Neilster

This is our family cat Beast. No longer with us but he was a Maine Coon and wasn't fully grown here. He ended up being a very large cat.

Maine Coons are known for being large and very intelligent. Beast would fetch a small ball and visitors would be amazed when he would wander up to us and drop it at our feet because he wanted to play. He also used to beat up dogs and jump on their backs and attack them like a Wolverine. He was tough but cool.

http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.

(in reply to Neilster)
Post #: 43
RE: Pictures of cats - 6/2/2020 6:31:23 AM   
loki100

Just to contribute, here's a picture of Rosa practicing her Tai Chi:

(in reply to Lobster)
Post #: 44
RE: Pictures of cats - 6/5/2020 11:33:43 AM   
sPzAbt653

Mr. Bubba lounging in the garden. This one could jump straight from the ground to my shoulders, which he learned to do without using his claws and only when I was ready. A great personality and unfortunately only around for three fun packed years due to a blood disorder.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 45
RE: Pictures of cats - 6/5/2020 11:29:52 PM   
demyansk

Poor guy

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 46
RE: Pictures of cats - 6/6/2020 8:12:45 AM   
Will_L

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zovs
Why you poop in here?

Was going to ask if it flushed but I'm still in awe that it put the lid down.

(in reply to Zovs)
Post #: 47
RE: Pictures of cats - 6/6/2020 1:21:16 PM   
Zovs

Now that is funny!

Beta Tester for:
Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm
War in the East 1 & 2
WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific
Valor & Victory
DG CWIE 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator

(in reply to Will_L)
Post #: 48
RE: Pictures of cats - 11/17/2020 12:00:40 AM   
DD696

Back in 2012 I only had 1 cat. I saw a photo of a kitten on Rincons Unwanted Furry Friends and I was captivated by this lovely lady. I went down and got her and they asked about the kitten that had been her friend since her brother was adopted. In a couple of minutes he won my heart and I took both of them home even tho with all costs involved it came to over $500. They were named Sandy and Sam after a couple favorite actresses - Sandy may be recognizable but Sam was from Samantha Who.

My one cat died a year later. His name was Too Much Trouble, or TMT. I got him after another sweet one died of pancreatic cancer on 29 June 2001. His name was Henry.

Sam is only 8 years old. He has lymphoma cancer of the intestines. He has ulcers. Last Saturday night he vomited an ungodly amount of blood and coagulated blood. Sunday I took him to a vet in Savannah who is the kindest, most caring person regarding animals I have ever met. I have been in constant text and phone contact with her for 3 months. Anyway, I was expecting to take sweet Sam home in a box. She examined him, took blood tests and ultrasound - for which she charged me nothing for all this personal attention over these last months, and sent Sam and I home with a hope that Sam may once again have a wonderful kitty life.

I really don't think sweet Sam will last much longer, but Dr Holly Richmond thinks Sam could pull thru. I give him chemo 3 times a week for the last 3 weeks, and he is on 6 other meds. I would give my life for Sammy to have a few more good years, but that is not possible.

How is it possible that I love my little friends so much?

Of course, pic is too large to include. Gray kitty, white whiskers, white chest.

Sweet Sam.

USMC: 1970-1977. A United States Marine.
We don't take kindly to idjits.

(in reply to Zovs)
Post #: 49
RE: Pictures of cats - 11/17/2020 12:15:27 AM   
RangerJoe

I hope that he pulls through. You have a good vet.

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to DD696)
Post #: 50
RE: Pictures of cats - 11/17/2020 2:48:04 AM   
loki100

hope he survives - the one thing about sharing with cats I still find so hard is when it all comes to an end

(in reply to DD696)
Post #: 51
RE: Pictures of cats - 11/17/2020 5:44:39 AM   
sPzAbt653

They say it is part of life, they say time will heal, they say remember the good times. I think they are just making stuff up to try and feel better but does it ever? I've lost so many I have trouble thinking about them, and I haven't had any in a number of years due to the losing of them. It's all very sad, lol.

This one is on to something:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 52
RE: Pictures of cats - 11/17/2020 11:08:23 AM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: sPzAbt653

They say it is part of life, they say time will heal, they say remember the good times. I think they are just making stuff up to try and feel better but does it ever? I've lost so many I have trouble thinking about them, and I haven't had any in a number of years due to the losing of them. It's all very sad, lol.

he is indeed

aye, know what you mean but it does. After a while you remember all the good things about them, some obviously make a deeper impression than others.

We've just started again, we got 3 vaguely related toms 14 years ago, lost 2 of them (brothers) last year so got 2 feral rescue kittens to keep the other one 'from getting bored'. Well he's not that and the 2 new ones (now about a year old) are utterly different.

They weren't directly related but had bonded when they were wild. The big tom (and he is about 5kg) is utterly gentle, regards bad weather as an excuse to stay in all day. The wee queen is out more than she is in, even today with strong winds and driving rain.

Anyway, here's Hamish molesting a mouse:

< Message edited by loki100 -- 11/17/2020 11:24:00 AM >

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 53
RE: Pictures of cats - 11/17/2020 11:54:55 AM   
RangerJoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: sPzAbt653

he is indeed

aye, know what you mean but it does. After a while you remember all the good things about them, some obviously make a deeper impression than others.

We've just started again, we got 3 vaguely related toms 14 years ago, lost 2 of them (brothers) last year so got 2 feral rescue kittens to keep the other one 'from getting bored'. Well he's not that and the 2 new ones (now about a year old) are utterly different.

They weren't directly related but had bonded when they were wild. The big tom (and he is about 5kg) is utterly gentle, regards bad weather as an excuse to stay in all day. The wee queen is out more than she is in, even today with strong winds and driving rain.

Anyway, here's Hamish molesting a mouse:

Even though you lose them, you can still enjoy more. Don't you think that another one or three would enjoy your company as you serve them?

Attachment (1)

― Julia Child

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 54
RE: Pictures of cats - 11/17/2020 5:07:45 PM   
Randomizer

This is Com'eer the Cat, March 2004 to 10 September 2014. RIP.

One of the sweetest Cats I ever served, she worshipped the Wife and tolerated me for body heat, treats and rations. An excellent mouser, she would lay her kills beside one of the back-yard trees and then bring one of us to admire her handiwork. At just over 4kg, she was small and loved to be carried around the house. She died badly, run down by a drunk on a motorcycle. I still miss her.

On the cold November day this photo was taken, I had just removed the laundry from the dryer. We knew that she went into the dryer as we often found her Cat toys in there after the clothes had dried. On this day she stayed long enough for a picture.

-C

Attachment (1)

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 55
RE: Pictures of cats - 11/17/2020 6:15:56 PM   
Orm

Thank you for sharing these stories about some wonderful cats. And their pictures.

Not sure if my eyes are wet because of the sadness, or because of the joy they have brought.

(in reply to Randomizer)
Post #: 56
RE: Pictures of cats - 11/17/2020 6:17:06 PM   
Orm

quote:

ORIGINAL: DD696

Back in 2012 I only had 1 cat. I saw a photo of a kitten on Rincons Unwanted Furry Friends and I was captivated by this lovely lady. I went down and got her and they asked about the kitten that had been her friend since her brother was adopted. In a couple of minutes he won my heart and I took both of them home even tho with all costs involved it came to over $500. They were named Sandy and Sam after a couple favorite actresses - Sandy may be recognizable but Sam was from Samantha Who.

My one cat died a year later. His name was Too Much Trouble, or TMT. I got him after another sweet one died of pancreatic cancer on 29 June 2001. His name was Henry.

Sam is only 8 years old. He has lymphoma cancer of the intestines. He has ulcers. Last Saturday night he vomited an ungodly amount of blood and coagulated blood. Sunday I took him to a vet in Savannah who is the kindest, most caring person regarding animals I have ever met. I have been in constant text and phone contact with her for 3 months. Anyway, I was expecting to take sweet Sam home in a box. She examined him, took blood tests and ultrasound - for which she charged me nothing for all this personal attention over these last months, and sent Sam and I home with a hope that Sam may once again have a wonderful kitty life.

I really don't think sweet Sam will last much longer, but Dr Holly Richmond thinks Sam could pull thru. I give him chemo 3 times a week for the last 3 weeks, and he is on 6 other meds. I would give my life for Sammy to have a few more good years, but that is not possible.

How is it possible that I love my little friends so much?

Of course, pic is too large to include. Gray kitty, white whiskers, white chest.

Sweet Sam.

Thank you for sharing.

Sweet Sam will be in my thoughts, and prayers. I hope he will make it though.

Edit: Any chance you could reduce the size of the picture to post it here?

< Message edited by Orm -- 11/17/2020 6:18:04 PM >

(in reply to DD696)
Post #: 57
RE: Pictures of cats - 11/17/2020 7:24:50 PM   
DonH58

Catterall checking on his retirement funds.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 58
RE: Pictures of cats - 11/17/2020 9:55:06 PM   
DD696

I will share pics of Sweet Sam sometime in the future. Right now I am just overwhelmed at doing everything possible and still watching Sam waste away. He has eaten pretty much nothing in 6 days now. He turns away from food and water. Sam loved to drink from water running from a faucet, now that has no appeal to him. At treat time, Sam was first in line. Now he doesn't come, altho I did get him to eat part of a treat today. I don't think there is much else to do but to be ready to put Sweet Sam in the ground next to TMT, otherwise know as Too Much Trouble - but, he never was.

I have 5 other cats and 1 part time outside cat that comes in for chow and some loving. The trouble is, some cats are just special and you deeply bond with them. When it is time for them to go it is like all life ends. It is a bad year to say goodbye to Sam. He purrs and loves my attention. His eyes are alert but his body is wasting away.

He will buried next to TMT, and I will go out every day for a very long time and give him a treat, just as I did for Too Much Trouble.

USMC: 1970-1977. A United States Marine.
We don't take kindly to idjits.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 59
RE: Pictures of cats - 11/18/2020 12:49:10 AM   
RangerJoe

Cats can live awhile without eating or drinking, don't give up on him yet. Hold him and "wish" him healing, picture it in your mind what he is like now and then think him better while asking for help to make it so.

― Julia Child

(in reply to DD696)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Pictures of cats Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI