Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Catalina not Buidling

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Catalina not Buidling Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Catalina not Buidling - 6/5/2020 12:45:31 PM   
foliveti

I am playing Da Big Babes C by PBEM. We are in late December 1941 and the PBY-5 Catalina factory in San Diego does not seem to be functioning. I realize that there is a random factor involved, but we are 21 days in with a build rate of 8 per month and none have been produced. Everything seems to be turned on, it is on the same settings as the PBY -5A factory which does seem to be working. Does anyone have any thoughts on how I might be able to get this started.

Thanks,

Frank
Post #: 1
RE: Catalina not Buidling - 6/5/2020 1:17:20 PM   
Sardaukar

Hmmm...either you have bad luck with random number generator...or there is a glitch.

Try to turn factory off and then back on?

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to foliveti)
Post #: 2
RE: Catalina not Buidling - 6/5/2020 1:49:49 PM   
inqistor

Have you turned off all HI?

(in reply to foliveti)
Post #: 3
RE: Catalina not Buidling - 6/5/2020 2:01:41 PM   
Nomad

It happens. In my current PBEM scenario 1 game I had the same thing happen. It started after a couple of weeks and has been producing fine since.

Just bad die rolls.

(in reply to inqistor)
Post #: 4
RE: Catalina not Buidling - 6/5/2020 6:46:44 PM   
fcooke

I found that low production rate planes almost never meet the monthly expected quantity. I suspect it is some coding quirk.

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 5
RE: Catalina not Buidling - 6/6/2020 8:38:52 AM   
Alfred

quote:

ORIGINAL: fcooke

I found that low production rate planes almost never meet the monthly expected quantity. I suspect it is some coding quirk.

Not a coding quirk but simply, as JWE/Symon would have said, "its a math thing".

Actual daily production is based on (monthly build rate/30) rolls. Thus when the monthly build rate is 30 or more, the player is more or less guaranteed to see daily production. With a lower monthly build rate you enter into probability territory. A monthly build rate of about 10 will tend to see some weekly production guaranteed. Monthly build rates of only 2-3 run a serious risk of failing all the die rolls and generating no production at all in the month.

This is before going into issues such as is there sufficient Heavy Industry points stockpiled or from ongoing production at the start of a scenario, to pay for the construction of all the at start on map Allied aircraft production.

Alfred

(in reply to fcooke)
Post #: 6
RE: Catalina not Buidling - 6/6/2020 11:35:15 AM   
fcooke

Hi Alfred,

I should have been more clear. I do believe it is a math thing and that there's a combination of the random number generator and rounding down that causes low production rate planes to average out less than expected. But I have never seen the code so complete speculation on my part. I am pretty horrid at languages but very good at math

Have a good day all. For those in the northeast US stay extra hydrated today.

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 7
RE: Catalina not Buidling - 6/6/2020 6:52:08 PM   
Treetop64

Check your aircraft production facilities in San Diego and make sure that production is set to "ON".

I'm currently in a game and I noticed that my SBD and PBY replenishment numbers weren't what they should be. Noticed that aircraft production in San Diego, LA, and Seattle was all turned off, and upgrades were off as well. I didn't turn them off myself, it happened without my knowledge during a previous turn. Don't know how it happened, but I turned everything back on and it's been fine since. I check most turns now to make sure.

EDIT: In successive turns it's happened again. Twice. Having to check every turn from now on. A bit annoying...

< Message edited by Treetop64 -- 6/9/2020 10:02:42 PM >

(in reply to fcooke)
Post #: 8
RE: Catalina not Buidling - 6/6/2020 7:15:08 PM   
rockmedic109

The workers are on strike? They want a company swimming pool?

I haven't seen this in my games {DaBabes}. I can easily see Alfred's random number on the low production rate planes being problematic. I had thought {long time ago} that the production rate was a hard number of planes per month.

(in reply to Treetop64)
Post #: 9
RE: Catalina not Buidling - 6/6/2020 7:46:42 PM   
Platoonist

quote:

ORIGINAL: Treetop64

Check your aircraft production facilities in San Diego and make sure that production is set to "ON".

I'm currently in a game and I noticed that my SBD and PBY replenishment numbers weren't what they should be. Noticed that aircraft production in San Diego, LA, and Seattle was all turned off, and upgrades were off as well. I didn't turn them off myself, it happened without my knowledge during a previous turn. Don't know how it happened, but I turned everything back on and it's been fine since. I check most turns now to make sure.

You're not alone. I had the same thing happen in my last game with West Coast aircraft production. Even the Catalina I factory in Vancouver, Canada had shut down for some unknown reason.

(in reply to Treetop64)
Post #: 10
RE: Catalina not Buidling - 6/9/2020 4:16:53 PM   
Cavalry Corp

I dealt with an error like this in the editor. The problem was the production was set something like 1/42 start finish 1/42 instead of something like 44. If you know how to open the editor it could be good to look at that. This is a common problem with some mods I have found and I am doing one of my own.

(in reply to Platoonist)
Post #: 11
RE: Catalina not Buidling - 6/9/2020 10:05:32 PM   
Treetop64

quote:

ORIGINAL: cavalry

I dealt with an error like this in the editor. The problem was the production was set something like 1/42 start finish 1/42 instead of something like 44. If you know how to open the editor it could be good to look at that. This is a common problem with some mods I have found and I am doing one of my own.

For me it's happening with aircraft that don't have this issue. SBDs, PBYs with production end dates well into the future.

(in reply to Cavalry Corp)
Post #: 12
RE: Catalina not Buidling - 6/10/2020 6:44:49 AM   
Ian R

quote:

ORIGINAL: Treetop64

quote:

ORIGINAL: cavalry

For me it's happening with aircraft that don't have this issue. SBDs, PBYs with production end dates well into the future.

I have noticed that if you open the factory screens for allied bases, something (not intended) seems to happen and the aircraft production there all ends up turned off. I noticed this because I went in to LA screen to turn off the refinery for a couple of days to get an oil pool to ship to Australia.

The solution is to go to the industry screen button, and turn them all back on in there, without entering the individual bases.

Edit: the "Industry Management" button. In the row at top left of the map.

< Message edited by Ian R -- 6/10/2020 6:48:47 AM >

"I am Alfred"

(in reply to Treetop64)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Catalina not Buidling Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI