Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

US Convoy Bug

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> US Convoy Bug Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
US Convoy Bug - 6/6/2020 9:49:48 AM   
ssiviour

Version is 3.1.0.6 but was there in 3.1.0.5, the upgrade didn't help

Situation is N/D 39 EOT, US Entry option Resources to Western Allies was chosen S/O 39, Allied Trade Agreements are:

CW to france 4 x BP & 4 x Res Min 2 oil
US to France 3 Res min 1 oil

The US oil let to France is going from Galveston to Martinique using 1 of 3 US CPs in the Caribbean Sea Area. Since the US is neutral and Option 32 not Chosen yet then it should not be transporting this resource. The result is that the US is unable to transport the 3rd Venezuelan Oil to Mainland USA. Luckily the US can still save 1 oil and BP total is unaffected.

Worth noting is that the CW does have an unused CP in the Sea Area. I have tried to designate the Trinidad Oil as 1 of the 2 CW oil going to France, also saving it in Martinique but the game will only route the path through the Mouths of the Amazon Sea Area throwing other resources out. It has been beyond my skill to route it through the Caribbean so I will take other options.

The 2nd Example of the bug is the Alaskan Oil. This is being used for production in Seattle, and as there is no land route it must be transported through the Gulf of Alaska. The US CP there is showing as Unused, so it can only be transported by the USSR CP also set up there. As both are neutral and relevant US Entry options not chosen this should not be possible.

I will attach a save and also upload some screenshots

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: US Convoy Bug - 6/6/2020 9:51:05 AM   
ssiviour

Screenshot 1

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ssiviour)
Post #: 2
RE: US Convoy Bug - 6/6/2020 9:51:57 AM   
ssiviour

Screenshot 2

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ssiviour)
Post #: 3
RE: US Convoy Bug - 6/6/2020 9:52:59 AM   
ssiviour

Screenshot 3

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ssiviour)
Post #: 4
RE: US Convoy Bug - 6/17/2020 12:34:48 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: ssiviour

Version is 3.1.0.6 but was there in 3.1.0.5, the upgrade didn't help

Situation is N/D 39 EOT, US Entry option Resources to Western Allies was chosen S/O 39, Allied Trade Agreements are:

CW to France 4 x BP & 4 x Res Min 2 oil
US to France 3 Res min 1 oil

The US oil let to France is going from Galveston to Martinique using 1 of 3 US CPs in the Caribbean Sea Area. Since the US is neutral and Option 32 not Chosen yet then it should not be transporting this resource. The result is that the US is unable to transport the 3rd Venezuelan Oil to Mainland USA. Luckily the US can still save 1 oil and BP total is unaffected.

Worth noting is that the CW does have an unused CP in the Sea Area. I have tried to designate the Trinidad Oil as 1 of the 2 CW oil going to France, also saving it in Martinique but the game will only route the path through the Mouths of the Amazon Sea Area throwing other resources out. It has been beyond my skill to route it through the Caribbean so I will take other options.

The 2nd Example of the bug is the Alaskan Oil. This is being used for production in Seattle, and as there is no land route it must be transported through the Gulf of Alaska. The US CP there is showing as Unused, so it can only be transported by the USSR CP also set up there. As both are neutral and relevant US Entry options not chosen this should not be possible.

I will attach a save and also upload some screenshots

I loaded your saved game and got only some of your reported results.

To see which convoys are convoying which resources/build points through a sea area, I brought up the Route Layout of the Production Planning form and used Shift Left Click in the sea areas of interest (on the insert global map). It showed the US oil to France using a Fr (French) convoy. Which is wrong because there are no French convoys in the sea area. However, there is a (spare) Commonwealth convoy available and using that would be okay. I think this is a cosmetic error instead of a flaw in determining production planning results.

Similarly, the program is showing the US convoy in the Gulf of Alaska as Unused. I suspect it is doing the actual convoying work since the USSR convoy in the sea area is also shown as Idle.

I was able to get the Trinidad oil sent to Martinique and saved there. That made for two oil points being saved in that location. What I had to do to make that happen was to Idle the Oil from Canada and then Idle the oil from Burma (both as Defaults). Then the program used the Trinidad oil (Production in Lille). Next, I switched to France and changed the Action to Save. That generated the list of viable destinations and Fort-de-xxxx appeared. Lastly, I cleared the default settings for the Canadian and Burmese oil resources.

You might not be able to do the same with your current version of the program:

190. June 14, 2020 - For Production planning, enabled players to change the Default setting for a resource to Idle when it is currently Lost - No Path. Resources still cannot be set to Idle if they have been lost in other ways: to strategic bombing, Enemy ZOCs, partisan, etc.

So, I see two of these as cosmetic and I have fixed the third - although the process to achieve that is anything but easy.

EDIT: You are sending a lot of stuff hither and yon. Both the US and the Commonwealth are sending 7 resources/build points abroad in trade agreements = 14 overseas routes plus all the other normal overseas routes.

< Message edited by Shannon V. OKeets -- 6/17/2020 12:40:11 AM >

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to ssiviour)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> US Convoy Bug Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI