Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Wishlist

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Wishlist Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Wishlist - 6/5/2020 9:27:02 PM   
budd

Surprised we don't have a wish list thread already, and i'm sure Vic has an already long list of improvements but never hurts to add to Vic's list.

One thing that occurred to me, was when setting up your planet is having a manual setting with sliders for some of the stuff instead of constantly re-rolling to get what you want roughly. Occurred to me when i was constantly re-rolling to get close to the split i wanted to play with for the agriculture, mining, entertainment choices.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
Post #: 1
RE: Wishlist - 6/5/2020 9:55:02 PM   
ChenMtrx

In extension to budd's idea, maybe a new Panettype like "artificial Planet" where you can manualy edit the planetary parameter would be cool. So you can have the best of both worlds :)

(in reply to budd)
Post #: 2
RE: Wishlist - 6/5/2020 10:00:06 PM   
Frostwave

Air and naval units. Implementing the PBEM system that Matrix uses. Configurable hotkeys.

< Message edited by Frostwave -- 6/5/2020 10:03:27 PM >

(in reply to budd)
Post #: 3
RE: Wishlist - 6/5/2020 10:19:05 PM   
ChenMtrx

I would like to add or maybe discuss a second idea. My Idea is about the History-Log. In general i realy like this tool but sometimes it is hard to get the information im loking for.

I think i would be nice to highlight the outgoing and incomming Hex of an attack or movement.

What do you think of the Idea?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ChenMtrx)
Post #: 4
RE: Wishlist - 6/5/2020 10:29:07 PM   
KingHalford

I like this idea ^^

Ben "BATTLEMODE"
www.eXplorminate.co

(in reply to ChenMtrx)
Post #: 5
RE: Wishlist - 6/5/2020 10:41:58 PM   
Frostwave

I also like this idea

(in reply to ChenMtrx)
Post #: 6
RE: Wishlist - 6/5/2020 11:54:58 PM   
budd

Another thing, in the reports when there are issues you can click a text link and it takes you there or opens the appropriate window or tab.

(in reply to Frostwave)
Post #: 7
RE: Wishlist - 6/6/2020 4:30:32 AM   
Clux

I would like than the save games have your regime name plus autosave, for example "Caldaria_autosave1" and so on.

Also I would like an option so I can select how many autosaves for each game I want, cuz I don't know why somebody would like to have every auto save from a game, and its kinda unpleasant having to delete them manually.

(in reply to budd)
Post #: 8
RE: Wishlist - 6/6/2020 6:59:29 AM   
BeefLeg

I've been putting a lot of hours into this game since yesterday, and I really love it. Great game.

One thing I've thought a lot about is the cards. I am maybe 5 hours into a game and I have a heap of cards, too many to really look at. And I kind of lose interest in the whole card game. It becomes a bit of a chore to go through all my cards every few turns to make sure I'm not missing something I should use. I would like the cards to be more rare, but maybe just a touch more useful. There are so many cards I never have use for.

Maybe I'm playing it wrong? I'm still kind of figuring it out. But a tweaking of the cards would be good some time in the future.

(in reply to Clux)
Post #: 9
RE: Wishlist - 6/6/2020 8:35:05 AM   
AttuWatcher

quote:

ORIGINAL: BeefLeg

I've been putting a lot of hours into this game since yesterday, and I really love it. Great game.

One thing I've thought a lot about is the cards. I am maybe 5 hours into a game and I have a heap of cards, too many to really look at. And I kind of lose interest in the whole card game. It becomes a bit of a chore to go through all my cards every few turns to make sure I'm not missing something I should use. I would like the cards to be more rare, but maybe just a touch more useful. There are so many cards I never have use for.

Maybe I'm playing it wrong? I'm still kind of figuring it out. But a tweaking of the cards would be good some time in the future.

I'm about 15 hours in and I definitely don't think there are too many cards. That being said, a game startup option for "card prevalence" would be great. Similar to things we already have like development speed and tech level.

(in reply to BeefLeg)
Post #: 10
RE: Wishlist - 6/6/2020 9:00:36 AM   
devoncop

Unless I missed it.....entirely possible....though radiated zones feature prominently in the lore and on the map their effect on gameplay seems absent....it would be good to see some meaningful effects for unprotected human troops.

I agree re the cards....they are not too prevalent in my opinion.

"I do not agree with what you say, but I shall defend to the death your right to say it"

(in reply to AttuWatcher)
Post #: 11
RE: Wishlist - 6/6/2020 11:48:35 AM   
Frostwave

Additional hotkeys for selecting the ok button and use of numpad keys for moving selected units, hotkeys for selecting next unmoved units and hotkeys for selecting units that still have AP. Hotkey for selecting different options in event dialogues. Good stuff for people with disabilities.

< Message edited by Frostwave -- 6/6/2020 12:04:18 PM >

(in reply to budd)
Post #: 12
RE: Wishlist - 6/6/2020 1:55:46 PM   
t1it

Immediate wishes are improvements to the UI to reduce micro. Like being able to upgrade assets in the management tab. Perhaps even building assets from the management, initializing it then chose which hex to place it on. I guess this is too much for the engine though?

I also want air/sea units. But more importantly, space and being able to invade other planets would be even better. But this might not be appropriate at this stage of civilization (recovering from an apocalypse not too long ago).

(in reply to Frostwave)
Post #: 13
RE: Wishlist - 6/6/2020 2:07:59 PM   
Saros

quote:

ORIGINAL: BeefLeg

Are you managing your council budgets? Move all the BP you are spending on cards to research tasks.

(in reply to BeefLeg)
Post #: 14
RE: Wishlist - 6/6/2020 2:31:21 PM   
Templer_12

What about Mecha?

(in reply to Saros)
Post #: 15
RE: Wishlist - 6/6/2020 3:50:29 PM   
Bleek

Colour-code the reports, so it's not a wall of black text.

Simply using green and red for pos/neg changes would help!

Also, higher resolution UI assets for the 12% like me who play on a higher that 1920x resolution. :)

(in reply to Templer_12)
Post #: 16
RE: Wishlist - 6/6/2020 5:09:02 PM   
nettlas

ability to Rename Divisions, brigades, armies, HQ´s, cities, even leaders maybe. Would be cool if we could do that.

(in reply to Bleek)
Post #: 17
RE: Wishlist - 6/6/2020 8:15:03 PM   
BeefLeg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Saros

Are you managing your council budgets? Move all the BP you are spending on cards to research tasks.

That must be what I'm doing wrong. I have hundreds of cards and not much use for most of them. I'll fiddle with the budgets, thanks.

(in reply to Saros)
Post #: 18
RE: Wishlist - 6/6/2020 10:32:48 PM   
ObeseMonkey

quote:

ORIGINAL: nettlas

ability to Rename Divisions, brigades, armies, HQ´s, cities, even leaders maybe. Would be cool if we could do that.

So you can do this, except leaders. Took me a while to find but can rename units in the management window for it, and rename cities by calling the governor and entering the window where you do wages.

< Message edited by ObeseMonkey -- 6/6/2020 10:34:13 PM >

(in reply to nettlas)
Post #: 19
RE: Wishlist - 6/6/2020 10:36:08 PM   
ObeseMonkey

Something I'd like to see is daylight effecting things. As far as I'm aware it doesn't right now, and don't know if its possible but maybe combat being effected by night and day, and even solar panels. For example the planet I'm on only has 7 hour days, so it feels like solar power should be less effective, and of course military operations would be affected by the lack of daylight.

(in reply to ObeseMonkey)
Post #: 20
RE: Wishlist - 6/6/2020 10:44:09 PM   
springel

quote:

ORIGINAL: ObeseMonkey

Something I'd like to see is daylight effecting things.

You realize a turn is a season? And a single action point would correspond to a full day?

(in reply to ObeseMonkey)
Post #: 21
RE: Wishlist - 6/6/2020 10:55:21 PM   
Frostwave

Love to see more mecha Units

(in reply to Templer_12)
Post #: 22
RE: Wishlist - 6/6/2020 11:18:28 PM   
ObeseMonkey

I do now! I did but was being stupid lol. Though I guess solar panels would still be affected. Ignore the other part though.

(in reply to springel)
Post #: 23
RE: Wishlist - 6/7/2020 12:40:27 AM   
GodwinW

quote:

ORIGINAL: nettlas

Yes I would actually like the pool of random names to be exposed, so we can just compile our own list of names. That way we don't have to do it all over for every game and we can actually rename zone names not under control and the names of terrain features etc.

(in reply to nettlas)
Post #: 24
RE: Wishlist - 6/7/2020 9:38:57 AM   
GodwinW

Would also like it if we would have an option to do AI turns step-by-step, like we can with combat rounds, and so go through everything we see even having the possibility of going backwards etc. like in the history phase.
Would allow me to check everything in detail then, not having to go back.
It's a minor thing, but still.
Would even be happy with it all playing out and just not leaving that screen until we click to leave the screen, and having all the functionality of the History tab (so back-and-forth stepping through moves).

Edit: realized this is somewhat possible but it's fiddly, requires you to stop and play and immediately halt again or it skips ahead.

< Message edited by GodwinW -- 6/7/2020 10:37:59 PM >

(in reply to GodwinW)
Post #: 25
RE: Wishlist - 6/7/2020 10:15:50 AM   
Edija

The Manual mentions Alien races. We could get something like a endgame crisis that could trigger once the planet is conquered for extra challenge, they could range from a pandemic, a huge hardcoded civil war or maybe a conflict with an alien expeditionary force.

This could be an option in the planet generation.

(in reply to GodwinW)
Post #: 26
RE: Wishlist - 6/7/2020 4:44:19 PM   
budd

On the "Eternity Guru" card that raises morale of a unit, it would be nice if the current morale value for all units in the target tab would show. Kind of like when you use the relationship cards, the relationship score is displayed in the target tab. This should be the case for all cards of this type.

(in reply to Edija)
Post #: 27
RE: Wishlist - 6/7/2020 6:46:20 PM   
Bleek

Option to sort Strategem cards by newest.

(in reply to budd)
Post #: 28
RE: Wishlist - 6/7/2020 10:53:47 PM   
GodwinW

It would be useful to have:

- Battle Archive (just like the Decision Archive): detailing the units that lost men at the barest (at the fullest the whole combat log of all battles, any XP gained etc.) with a possibility to select them right there making the map center on them. Especially useful for casualties sustained during AI turns.
- Dynamic Unit Cycle List (currently if you move 1 unit randomly and do something else, the 'next unit' button breaks ('last unit' too), making it again possible to miss those guys in the south and forgetting to move them) so it always brings you to any unit that can still move. I'm kinda thinking this may somewhat count as a bug.

It would be nice to have:
- Dynamic Tabs: if your decision entails Democracy/Mind/... or anything on that tab, switch to that tab automatically on opening that Decision. Same with Construction/Raising formations etc. can switch automatically to the resource tab. And I'm sure it can be done in quite a few other places as well (real polish QoL, not a high priority). Needs good design too so it feels well and makes sense in all situations.

(in reply to Bleek)
Post #: 29
RE: Wishlist - 6/8/2020 10:36:11 AM   
GodwinW

I'm starting to really wish that Move Mode comes with an on-hover Recon score for the hex you hover over.
That would save a lot of back-and-forth looking to see if I have 40 Recon and thus whether the hex is safe to walk on.
Would be very helpful!

(in reply to GodwinW)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Wishlist Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI