Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Viking (US) vs CaptChris (GE) '44, 10K points

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR >> Viking (US) vs CaptChris (GE) '44, 10K points Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Viking (US) vs CaptChris (GE) '44, 10K points - 7/25/2003 7:27:58 AM   
Capt Chris

This is my first battle of this magnitude so it should be interesting for me.

10,000 points
10% Arty
2 Air Sections
C & C Off

We are through turn 1 and very little contact has been made. One of my scouts did blow up a poor US Jeep this turn. I was also welcomed by a few 90mm shells from a US TD or 2 (M36 Jackson IIRC).

Not much more than that. I have a feeling that this is going to get interesting very quickly.

Capt Chris

"Badges? We don't need no stinking badges!"
Post #: 1
- 7/25/2003 7:53:56 AM   
VikingNo2

The shooting starts, Panther, Kingtigers and bumbar's oh my !

Several German AC and halftrack get killed no of the German bigs stuff gets hit.

At the the end off the turn German rockets fall causing some casualties, also allot of German smoke is dropped in the middle.

The turn is back the the good Captin

(in reply to Capt Chris)
Post #: 2
- 7/25/2003 10:02:46 AM   
Capt Chris

That smoke was supposed to come down at the end of my turn!!! :D Then I remembered I was the Germans, not the US.

This last turn pretty much wiped out most of my recon AFV's. Thank god they are pretty cheap. Luckily my King Tigers survived the airstrikes but not without some shaken nerves.

I don't even think I got a shot off this turn. A lot of positioning and smoke dropping for me. It's the bottom of the 2nd, and noone out!

Capt Chris

(in reply to Capt Chris)
Post #: 3
- 7/25/2003 3:59:32 PM   
VikingNo2

Killed a few tanks, the Germans a swarming up the middle:eek:

(in reply to Capt Chris)
Post #: 4
- 7/25/2003 7:47:34 PM   
Capt Chris

The "Germans swarming up the middle" have put their charge on hold in favor of a more controlled approach. I don't think the blitzkrieg is the way to go. Viking is a very "stealthy" commander and is starting to live up to his reputation.

There are a number of US ATG's hiding in the trees but my attempts to spot them have been futile. Luckily my King Tigers survive another round of US Airstrikes but some of my halftracks weren't so lucky. The only shot I got off at that M36 ended up getting my Pz-IV killed! :mad:

Capt Chris

(in reply to Capt Chris)
Post #: 5
- 7/26/2003 2:39:33 AM   
VikingNo2

Capt Chris, has slowed down a bit, most of the Panthers crestiong the hill in the center have pulled back to better positions.

In the south I lose a M4 105mm to a Pz-IV, the panzer get taken out along with two of his buddies in the area, also in the south US forces start exchanging forces with German infantry. Pushed some Germans back

In the north all is for the most part quite, some MCs get shot at and a Panther left on a ridge is killed, it took lots a damage befor it finally died to a M36

back to you

(in reply to Capt Chris)
Post #: 6
- 7/26/2003 5:40:19 AM   
Capt Chris

I finally get one of those pesky M36's with a close assault. I got an M10(I think) in the north as well with a panther.

It seems like this Viking has a sixth sense about his arty. Very frustrating since it comes in EXACTLY when he calls it. :D

The south buildup and vollies continue. We shall see...

Capt Chris

(in reply to Capt Chris)
Post #: 7
- 7/26/2003 9:46:19 AM   
VikingNo2

Three Panthers get killed, in the north elsewhere infantry are fighting a close quarters now.

Next game we can swap sides if you wish;)

(in reply to Capt Chris)
Post #: 8
- 7/26/2003 6:28:36 PM   
Frank W.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Capt Chris
[B]The "Germans swarming up the middle" have put their charge on hold in favor of a more controlled approach. I don't think the blitzkrieg is the way to go. Viking is a very "stealthy" commander and is starting to live up to his reputation.
[/B][/QUOTE]

try not to show too much of your units in your end turn, JJ mostly finds a way to kill them :mad:

(in reply to Capt Chris)
Post #: 9
- 7/26/2003 6:31:13 PM   
Frank W.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Capt Chris
It seems like this Viking has a sixth sense about his arty. Very frustrating since it comes in EXACTLY when he calls it. :D
[/B][/QUOTE]

the US arty in this game IS very accurate. but viking manages to get good arty w/ ger + gb, too !

tell some of your secrets, viking !

(in reply to Capt Chris)
Post #: 10
- 7/27/2003 2:39:48 AM   
VikingNo2

Its using you preplotted arty markers effectively. As well as plotting at 1.0 then on your turn you can shift to were you want it.

Also look at who is calling the arty, if they have a higher arty rating the better they are.

For German player for some reason, some of the German arty will fall in the same round a .03

(in reply to Capt Chris)
Post #: 11
- 7/27/2003 10:14:15 PM   
Capt Chris

[QUOTE]Originally posted by VikingNo2
[B]Three Panthers get killed, in the north elsewhere infantry are fighting a close quarters now.

Next game we can swap sides if you wish;) [/B][/QUOTE]

This is all but over from what I can see. I have suffered a ton of losses while Viking s-l-o-w-l-y marches toward the VH's. It is just a matter of time now.

I came out to aggressive while Viking was more calculating and mythodical. I really don't feel like getting mutilated by the Germans right now so I am going to pass on your "swap sides" idea.

I learned a lot and had a little fun. Thanks for the game.

Capt Chris

(in reply to Capt Chris)
Post #: 12
- 7/28/2003 12:36:35 AM   
STIM

Dont feel so bad, he as, so far, kicked my butt in 3 games. But the last game got very interesting towards the end.

Troops were retreating on both sides!

But alas, Vik won the day as Russian tanks do not stack up well vs German Tanks.

(in reply to Capt Chris)
Post #: 13
- 7/28/2003 1:37:49 AM   
VikingNo2

Please let me know when you would like to play again. STIM if you are ready to play again let me know that last game was getting close.;)

(in reply to Capt Chris)
Post #: 14
- 7/28/2003 3:13:22 AM   
Capt Chris

I don't feel too bad. :) This was my first engagement with Viking, and boy was it humbling! He is a heck of a player. Guess I know where I can set my goals. :D

Capt Chris

(in reply to Capt Chris)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR >> Viking (US) vs CaptChris (GE) '44, 10K points Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI