Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Missing Core Force Units

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> John Tiller’s Campaign Series Support >> Missing Core Force Units Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Missing Core Force Units - 6/5/2020 10:20:36 PM   
simpatico

I am playing Rommel's Spearhead LCG, it is going well & I am on the ninth scenario, Race to Sollum, where you need to bypass Tobruk. I have managed to keep my core intact with minimal losses. However, when the scenario loads there is a bug whereby my 81mm mortars have been reduced from 6 strength points to 1 & the Sdkfz II they ride in also only has 1SP. They were present in the previous scenario of the LCG at full strength. Do you know if there is any way I can edit the files to restore them to full strength? I looked at the campaign.ccl file & the strength values for 81mm mortars & SdKfz 11 were at 0. I changed that to 6 but that did not work.

< Message edited by simpatico -- 6/13/2020 8:19:42 PM >
Post #: 1
Missing Core Force Units - 6/7/2020 11:20:52 PM   
simpatico

Fixed. I remember playing this LCG several years ago & having the same problem. I am no expert on game mechanics but I believe the error was caused by incorrect strength values in the file 3ReconLCG22.scl

In your linked campaign each scenario has a scenario file with the extension .scl and an OOB file with the extension .org
The campaign tree which gives you the next linked scenario to play based on your performance is contained in your .LCG file, in this case 3Recon.LCG. Jason explains how this works in Mods and Scenarios\Making Linked Campaigns.

3 Recon Battalion is commanded by Major Sievers. In 3ReconLCG22.org a search for Sievers will display the composition of 3 Recon Battalion.
There are lines as follows:

P1101 4544 7 IV. Platoon
P1101 4545 7 V. Platoon
P1065 4546 7 Halftracks
P1065 4547 7 Halftracks

Those four are the mortars & halftracks which were understrength. In 3ReconLCG22.scl a search for 4546 brings up this line:
**1065 4546 32 16 0 100 6 0 0 3 3 3**
The 0 after 16 represents strength points. I changed the 0 to 6. Then I searched for 4545, 4544 & 4547 & changed their strength values also. There is more. I needed to search for the above four numbers in campaign.ccl & campaign.cpn and change the strength values there also. You won't have the correct strength value imported into your current scenario unless you have the correct value in campaign.cpn Do back up your files before trying something like this & keep changes to a minimum.

< Message edited by simpatico -- 6/19/2020 11:28:41 AM >

(in reply to simpatico)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> John Tiller’s Campaign Series Support >> Missing Core Force Units Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI