Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Zone requesting Metal, then sending it back. Why?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> War Room >> Zone requesting Metal, then sending it back. Why? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Zone requesting Metal, then sending it back. Why? - 6/8/2020 1:51:31 PM   
seiSetill

Two of my Zones are requesting supplies, then sending them immediately back without consuming or storing them.

The problem: (1) this behavior isn't reported in the prior turn's "Asset Preview" table, and (2) the supplies requested aren't consumed by an asset.

This occured in two Zones: Tirania & Huntsland.

On the first turn using Asset preview:
Tirania Metal Request from SHQ : 1
Huntsman Metal Request from SHQ: 720.

On the next turn:
Tirania Metal Request from SHQ: 221. A +200 discrepancy.
Huntsman Metal Request from SHQ: 750. A +30 discrepancy.

This unanticipated cumulative request of +230 Metal from both zones caused me to to have a metal shortage.

Strangely, the metal shortage only slowed production in a single separate zone. This is weird, because whenever I have had shortages, they impact every zone that is building something that needs the resource in question.

What's going on? How could I have known the previous turn that there would be an additional request of 230 Metal? The requested metal wasn't used for anything. All of it that was requested, was sent straight back to SHQ.

AFAIK, there is no way to see what is requesting what resources per zone, and what it's used for. If there is, I could have figured this out by now. Thank you for the help!

[not allowed to post pictures so..no pictures. Hope the explanation makes sense.]

< Message edited by seiSetill -- 6/8/2020 5:34:08 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Zone requesting Metal, then sending it back. Why? - 6/10/2020 11:26:06 AM   
zgrssd

I think we would need a savegame to figure that one out. Descriptions alone do not work on a game this complex.

(in reply to seiSetill)
Post #: 2
RE: Zone requesting Metal, then sending it back. Why? - 6/10/2020 11:46:33 AM   
GodwinW

It might have to do with this 'Zone Reserve' Vic mentioned on a reply to my post about an income bug.

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 3
RE: Zone requesting Metal, then sending it back. Why? - 6/10/2020 5:17:36 PM   
zgrssd

I remember reading something about a "Zone Reserve" in the Beta Patchnotes:
"-Zone now keeps less reserves if it is for an Asset that is on reduced production or construction percentage (Shards)"

I was not even aware reserving was a "thing". I asumed it would only request on demand.

(in reply to GodwinW)
Post #: 4
RE: Zone requesting Metal, then sending it back. Why? - 6/10/2020 5:53:24 PM   
GodwinW

I would love an explanation of the system. See my thread here: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=4827789

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 5
RE: Zone requesting Metal, then sending it back. Why? - 6/10/2020 7:33:12 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: GodwinW

I would love an explanation of the system. See my thread here: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=4827789

Let me try:
1. Zones give most to all of their storage to the SHQ.
2. They only keep 1 turn worth of "Production Upkeep and Construction Consumption" in Storage. 2 Turns for food only.
3. Especially with something that appears "suddenly" like the Construction demand, they likely will not have the production to fill the storage they suddenly need to fill.
a) If they got the production, they will try not to demand anything from the SHQ. Indeed they keep sending any excesss on to the SHQ.
b) If the lack the production, they will demand everything from the SHQ. Not just the difference, the full amount for that turn!
4. If it pre-calculation had a 3a) case but then something went "bump" with the local metal production, it might have had to go into 3b) case

(in reply to GodwinW)
Post #: 6
RE: Zone requesting Metal, then sending it back. Why? - 6/10/2020 11:08:14 PM   
GodwinW

And in 3 b) they suddenly withhold their due taxes as well.. along asking the full amount. It's so weird. Still confused by it. Maybe it's fixed in the new version as Vic mentioned that there was a case where the Zone Reserves kept too much.

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> War Room >> Zone requesting Metal, then sending it back. Why? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI