Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Questions that don't deserve a separate topic

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Questions that don't deserve a separate topic Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Questions that don't deserve a separate topic - 6/6/2020 9:51:51 PM   
Edija

I guess we could use a topic like this.

The game offers me a different amount and selection of Symbols in separate games, why?

Should I nationalize Transport Hubs?

< Message edited by Edija -- 6/6/2020 10:48:19 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Questions that don't deserve a separate topic - 6/6/2020 11:05:01 PM   
Clux

Idk about the first question.

In the second question, yes, once than you have expanded enough to conquer a 2nd zone you should or your logistics are going to struggle

(in reply to Edija)
Post #: 2
RE: Questions that don't deserve a separate topic - 6/6/2020 11:13:49 PM   
Jdane

If you don't have the credits in your treasury but metals and industrial points in your stockpiles, I guess you could as well build your own Truck Station in the outskirts of the capital. I'm right know considering doing this since I'm strapped for cash in my current game.

(in reply to Clux)
Post #: 3
RE: Questions that don't deserve a separate topic - 6/6/2020 11:39:55 PM   
kaliyama

what is an area? I see some items have "area" names but manual doesn't describe anything about it except cryptic references to "areal hexes"

(in reply to Jdane)
Post #: 4
RE: Questions that don't deserve a separate topic - 6/7/2020 8:43:44 AM   
DTurtle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jdane

If you don't have the credits in your treasury but metals and industrial points in your stockpiles, I guess you could as well build your own Truck Station in the outskirts of the capital. I'm right know considering doing this since I'm strapped for cash in my current game.

You really don't want to do this. Everything moves through the SHQ and the city. If you don't have enough logistics in those hexes, everything will pile up very quickly and block everything.

(in reply to Jdane)
Post #: 5
RE: Questions that don't deserve a separate topic - 6/7/2020 9:20:38 AM   
Tree Dog

Is there a way to keep increasing profiles like Democracy, Heart, Commerce, etc, without having to wait for events? The only one I found is that declaring wars increases Fist.

(in reply to DTurtle)
Post #: 6
RE: Questions that don't deserve a separate topic - 6/7/2020 9:37:23 AM   
ProfessionalTD

Can someone please explain to me what a "G" on a unit means? The manual says a lot about the colors and where you can see if a unit gets supply, but unfortunately I can't find the "G" there.

(in reply to Tree Dog)
Post #: 7
RE: Questions that don't deserve a separate topic - 6/7/2020 5:01:06 PM   
Soar_Slitherine

Is there a way to look at a battle report again later after closing it?

(in reply to ProfessionalTD)
Post #: 8
RE: Questions that don't deserve a separate topic - 6/7/2020 5:17:23 PM   
Jdane

quote:

ORIGINAL: DTurtle

You really don't want to do this. Everything moves through the SHQ and the city. If you don't have enough logistics in those hexes, everything will pile up very quickly and block everything.

Good point. One could move the SHQ along with its inventory to the Truck Station but hardly the whole city and zone inventory. Thanks for pointing this out.

Tree Dog: Not to my admittedly limited knowledge.

ProfessionalTD: It looks like it is related to supply issues but I too would like to know for sure.

Soar_Slitherine: Not that I know of, unfortunately. It would be a great feature.

kaliyama: Which items are you talking about? This area business is news to me.

< Message edited by Jdane -- 6/7/2020 5:21:59 PM >

(in reply to DTurtle)
Post #: 9
RE: Questions that don't deserve a separate topic - 6/7/2020 6:15:37 PM   
Kumppi

quote:

ORIGINAL: ProfessionalTD

Can someone please explain to me what a "G" on a unit means? The manual says a lot about the colors and where you can see if a unit gets supply, but unfortunately I can't find the "G" there.

"G" stands for Guard mode. Check out the hotkeys section in the manual. I think it just means that it skips the unit when cycling through them with 8 and 9 keys.

Post #: 10
RE: Questions that don't deserve a separate topic - 6/7/2020 6:40:25 PM   
NoodlePickle

I cannot figure out how to upgrade my troops with new equipment or how to build a new troop profile for upgrades. This is in regards to the new items from the tech tree once it has been researched.
Thank you in advance.

(in reply to Kumppi)
Post #: 11
RE: Questions that don't deserve a separate topic - 6/7/2020 6:50:57 PM   
t1it

^you need the Model Design Director for new models and Staff Director to make new formations. They come later than military research so you typically have to devote quire alot of BP to them early-mid game.

(in reply to NoodlePickle)
Post #: 12
RE: Questions that don't deserve a separate topic - 6/7/2020 6:58:18 PM   
Clux

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tree Dog

Is there a way to keep increasing profiles like Democracy, Heart, Commerce, etc, without having to wait for events? The only one I found is that declaring wars increases Fist.

No at the moment.

(in reply to Tree Dog)
Post #: 13
RE: Questions that don't deserve a separate topic - 6/7/2020 7:03:44 PM   
Edija

Are you supposed to run out of leaders, is there any way to "adopt" or recruit them if you don't have the cards?

(in reply to Edija)
Post #: 14
RE: Questions that don't deserve a separate topic - 6/7/2020 7:06:40 PM   
Emx77

^ This is bothering me right now in my game. I have more open positions than leaders.

< Message edited by Emx77 -- 6/7/2020 7:07:02 PM >

(in reply to Edija)
Post #: 15
RE: Questions that don't deserve a separate topic - 6/7/2020 7:09:16 PM   
Clux

Yes, you get stratagems to recruit a Junior, Senior, mercenary or military using PP, you can call your cults/mafia/factions and you can request to recruit one of their members for free

(in reply to Edija)
Post #: 16
RE: Questions that don't deserve a separate topic - 6/8/2020 6:15:59 AM   
ProfessionalTD

Thanks for the feedback. OK, didn't have this feature on screen, because unfortunately for me the cycling through the units with the keys 8 and 9 does not work.

< Message edited by ProfessionalTD -- 6/8/2020 6:16:59 AM >

(in reply to Kumppi)
Post #: 17
RE: Questions that don't deserve a separate topic - 6/8/2020 8:26:37 PM   
Edija

If I surround an enemy city are they losing supplies or getting them from the city?

Post #: 18
RE: Questions that don't deserve a separate topic - 6/8/2020 8:32:27 PM   
Laiders

Quick question that I cannot find the answer to in the manual:

Which way does ease of mining level work? Assuming it's a scale from 1 - 10 is 1 terrible or fantastic? As it's an ease of mining scale I would assume higher numbers equal easier time mining but I cannot actually confirm it anywhere.

(in reply to Edija)
Post #: 19
RE: Questions that don't deserve a separate topic - 6/8/2020 8:34:18 PM   
Resan

Higher is better

"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." - Gehm's Corollary

(in reply to Laiders)
Post #: 20
RE: Questions that don't deserve a separate topic - 6/8/2020 8:58:22 PM   
Soar_Slitherine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Edija

If I surround an enemy city are they losing supplies or getting them from the city?

City-based minor regimes get free supply for any units that can trace a land route to their city, so the troops in the city won't care, ones outside the city will. Major regimes play by the same rules as the player according to the manual, so it should be possible to starve them out, though it may take a while if there's a SHQ with large stockpiles in the city.

(in reply to Edija)
Post #: 21
RE: Questions that don't deserve a separate topic - 6/8/2020 9:18:01 PM   
Jdane

Edija, I believe they'll get as much supply as the assets in the city hex can provide.

So for example if you're besieging militia units of a farmer regime sitting on a dome farm, they won't really starve unless you shell the farm into oblivion.
It would be worse if it's a major power, since they would have more assets handy, such as a scavenging operation to provide metal for ammunition and oil for armor.

Edit: I stand corrected. Then even if one where to bomb the dome farm of a minor into cinders, their troops in the capitol will still get food because it's their capitol and the rules they follow.

< Message edited by Jdane -- 6/8/2020 9:20:57 PM >

(in reply to Resan)
Post #: 22
RE: Questions that don't deserve a separate topic - 6/8/2020 10:36:30 PM   
Novaliz

What exactly is the difference between binary and linear tech and where can I see in my tech tree which is what?

(in reply to Jdane)
Post #: 23
RE: Questions that don't deserve a separate topic - 6/8/2020 10:38:27 PM   
Novaliz

What is Political Power and for what?

(in reply to Novaliz)
Post #: 24
RE: Questions that don't deserve a separate topic - 6/8/2020 10:49:51 PM   
Novaliz

I dont understand the "Time of Relative Calm" event at the beginning?

(in reply to Novaliz)
Post #: 25
RE: Questions that don't deserve a separate topic - 6/8/2020 10:59:15 PM   
springel

quote:

ORIGINAL: Novaliz

I dont understand the "Time of Relative Calm" event at the beginning?

It is an 'epoch'.

Relative calm means government doesn't get distracted by crisis management, so it can get programs done, so you get some political points to get some things done.

(in reply to Novaliz)
Post #: 26
RE: Questions that don't deserve a separate topic - 6/8/2020 11:01:31 PM   
springel

quote:

What exactly is the difference between binary and linear tech and where can I see in my tech tree which is what?

Binary tech you get when you researched it, linear tech has more effect as you study it more and more.

(in reply to Novaliz)
Post #: 27
RE: Questions that don't deserve a separate topic - 6/8/2020 11:07:23 PM   
Laiders

quote:

Most techs are binary techs. Binary techs are off or on hence they are called binary techs. Once you have researched a binary tech you get the full benefits of its effects.

Some techs are linear techs. These techs give a scaling benefit depending on how much research you've put in to them. You do not have to research them to 100 to get the effect and it's actually quite difficult to max them out. These represent various optimisations of existing technologies and systems. All linear techs are found in Applied X fields (Applied Chemistry, Applied Engineering and Applied Management).

quote:

Political power or PP represents the political clout and capital of your government and specifically your office as supreme leader. It's your ability and your government's ability to get stuff done. PP is spent in response to most, if not all, events, to perform government business, such as change zone orders or reassign leaders, or to play stratagem cards, as these represent special actions your government is undertaking. PP is primarily generated by your supreme command council (your starting council). Your SCC has two sliders you can allocate BP to: political power and general stratagems. Allocating more bureaucratic power to the political power slider generates more political power.

quote:

I don't understand the "Time of Relative Calm" event at the beginning?

This is an epoch. The game, by default, is divided into a series of epochs which alternate between positive and negative effects. You always start in a positive epoch then move into a negative one and carry on alternating like that. Positive epochs are generally called 'Time of X' and negative epochs 'Crisis of X'. Each epoch has a different effect and the game tells you exactly what they do and how long they will last at the start of each turn in the slideshow summary as your turn starts. You can review this information at any time by hitting the 'VID' button in the top left of the screen. It should be right below your credits total. You can also review the AI turn history by hitting the 'HIS' button and find a bunch of useful tables and trees by hitting the 'MNG' button, including the tech tree and overview of your government feats.

Positive epochs generally make it easier to get something done by giving you bonus points. Bonus points are a convoluted way of adding positive modifier to something like your research, BP generation or private economy. Bonus points are not added directly to the thing they modify. Instead more bonus points provide a bigger modifier to whatever you are actually generating. They can have other effects such as directly improving your word score. Negative epochs generally cause some negative status effect in your zones or among your leaders, such as decreasing relations, increased unrest or danger.

Hope that helps!

(in reply to Novaliz)
Post #: 28
RE: Questions that don't deserve a separate topic - 6/8/2020 11:17:08 PM   
Novaliz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Laiders

quote:

Most techs are binary techs. Binary techs are off or on hence they are called binary techs. Once you have researched a binary tech you get the full benefits of its effects.

Some techs are linear techs. These techs give a scaling benefit depending on how much research you've put in to them. You do not have to research them to 100 to get the effect and it's actually quite difficult to max them out. These represent various optimisations of existing technologies and systems. All linear techs are found in Applied X fields (Applied Chemistry, Applied Engineering and Applied Management).

quote:

Political power or PP represents the political clout and capital of your government and specifically your office as supreme leader. It's your ability and your government's ability to get stuff done. PP is spent in response to most, if not all, events, to perform government business, such as change zone orders or reassign leaders, or to play stratagem cards, as these represent special actions your government is undertaking. PP is primarily generated by your supreme command council (your starting council). Your SCC has two sliders you can allocate BP to: political power and general stratagems. Allocating more bureaucratic power to the political power slider generates more political power.

quote:

I don't understand the "Time of Relative Calm" event at the beginning?

This is an epoch. The game, by default, is divided into a series of epochs which alternate between positive and negative effects. You always start in a positive epoch then move into a negative one and carry on alternating like that. Positive epochs are generally called 'Time of X' and negative epochs 'Crisis of X'. Each epoch has a different effect and the game tells you exactly what they do and how long they will last at the start of each turn in the slideshow summary as your turn starts. You can review this information at any time by hitting the 'VID' button in the top left of the screen. It should be right below your credits total. You can also review the AI turn history by hitting the 'HIS' button and find a bunch of useful tables and trees by hitting the 'MNG' button, including the tech tree and overview of your government feats.

Positive epochs generally make it easier to get something done by giving you bonus points. Bonus points are a convoluted way of adding positive modifier to something like your research, BP generation or private economy. Bonus points are not added directly to the thing they modify. Instead more bonus points provide a bigger modifier to whatever you are actually generating. They can have other effects such as directly improving your word score. Negative epochs generally cause some negative status effect in your zones or among your leaders, such as decreasing relations, increased unrest or danger.

Hope that helps!

Thx a lot! Speeking about the epoch event. It says I have gained 400 political bonus points. Where can I see them because they are not my political points. What are they for?

(in reply to Laiders)
Post #: 29
RE: Questions that don't deserve a separate topic - 6/8/2020 11:24:10 PM   
Jdane

What Laiders just said.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Laiders

Bonus points are not added directly to the thing they modify. Instead more bonus points provide a bigger modifier to whatever you are actually generating.

The exact way they work is not detailed in the manual. You can see them in the VID or in REPorts, Overview, Regime Feats.
Starting to know how VR Designs games work, they must be plugged into a formula involving square roots, various modifiers and a dice roll.

But basically, they're good. And more of it is more good.
My game started in an era of bureaucracy and PPs and discoveries are flying out of the windows.

Thanks to Laiders for pointing about the epochs being good then bad then alternating, I didn't know that.

< Message edited by Jdane -- 6/8/2020 11:25:56 PM >

(in reply to Laiders)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Questions that don't deserve a separate topic Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI