Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Need advice on assigning leaders

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Need advice on assigning leaders Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Need advice on assigning leaders - 6/9/2020 3:58:49 AM   
Zenra

I am looking for help selecting the right characters for the various postings.

When I get a decision to assign a character to an office, such as the round after commissioning a new council, only two candidates are offered for selection, even if three or more are available in the reserve pool. The manual explains these are selected based on faction affiliation (nice touch, BTW - realistic, so fosters immersion) and their “Suitability” rating; does anyone know how Suitability is calculated?

When comparing characters using the “Compare” tab of the Leader Popup the tool-tip indicates the Suitability column shows their relative suitability for their current assignment, but in the case of unassigned characters, how would the Suitability be calculated?

If I wish to appoint some other reserve pool character than either of the two offered in the Decision, what is the best way to do so? Dismiss one or both candidates And take the hit from whatever faction backs them? Wait a round (as the manual seems to suggest) and see if one more to my liking is nominated?

I am really enjoying this game and want to get better at it. Das’s videos have been a great help as have so many posts here. The manual is good but the game is complex. The tool tips help (and seem to be getting better with the beta patches?) but I admit I’ve grown used to the Paradox style pop-up that spells out all (or at least many) of the calculations for me. I don’t want the game to hand me everything on a silver platter, so some advice from others’ experience on how to judge which characters are right for the various leadership positions will be appreciated.

Mitchell
Post #: 1
RE: Need advice on assigning leaders - 6/9/2020 4:52:15 AM   
pauls2271

DAS covers this in this video: SHADOW EMPIRE Tips and Tricks ~ 07 Setting up your Economic Council

I'd post the link but it doesn't let me...

(in reply to Zenra)
Post #: 2
RE: Need advice on assigning leaders - 6/9/2020 11:49:51 AM   
EuchreJack

Seems the options during the selection stage are either spending PP and possibly offending a faction by rejecting one candidate, meaning somebody that wasn't made available is then brought forward as an option, or waiting until next turn and hoping the preferred candidate is available.

The best option, however, is to employ those layabouts in other roles prior to the new council's formation. Build a OHQ first, throw whomever isn't up to snuff into that, then bask in the glory of your chosen candidate being available.

For what it's worth, most leaders get better in whatever you give them, and most aren't skilled in whatever you'd like them to be skilled in initially. I basically just try not to think too hard about the leader appointments...

(in reply to pauls2271)
Post #: 3
RE: Need advice on assigning leaders - 6/9/2020 11:57:53 AM   
Kamelpov

Well i take everyone once i start to get talent I try to send old folks with the little potential to retirement if they are in opposite ideology.

(in reply to EuchreJack)
Post #: 4
RE: Need advice on assigning leaders - 6/9/2020 12:02:34 PM   
budd

Wait a round, also the manual part about council's states what skills are preferred for each.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

(in reply to Kamelpov)
Post #: 5
RE: Need advice on assigning leaders - 6/9/2020 1:04:49 PM   
Zenra

quote:

ORIGINAL: EuchreJack

Seems the options during the selection stage are either spending PP and possibly offending a faction by rejecting one candidate, meaning somebody that wasn't made available is then brought forward as an option, or waiting until next turn and hoping the preferred candidate is available.

The best option, however, is to employ those layabouts in other roles prior to the new council's formation. Build a OHQ first, throw whomever isn't up to snuff into that, then bask in the glory of your chosen candidate being available.

For what it's worth, most leaders get better in whatever you give them, and most aren't skilled in whatever you'd like them to be skilled in initially. I basically just try not to think too hard about the leader appointments...

Just the kind of ideas I was looking for - thanks EuchreJack!

Mitchell

(in reply to EuchreJack)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Need advice on assigning leaders Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI