Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Replace old units models

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Replace old units models Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Replace old units models - 6/8/2020 5:54:33 PM   
Clux

Basically in the manual it says than every unit, except infantery, can be replaced with new models, however, in game, this options its ALWAYS gray out and it says than its impossible, even if you have enough resources or Logistic points.

And I feel than thats kinda BS since the only thing than should happen its than the units lose some XP due having to get used to the new equipment or models (like switching from Light tanks I to Light tanks II) but I dont find any reason of why I cant do it.

Some people are going to point out than you can still train a new OHQ and let them train on your capital (or behind frontlines), but they take a looong time to catch up on xp with the frontlines units, and I really want to have an option to change the equipment of my units without having to wait for them to get killed and then replace them.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Replace old units models - 6/8/2020 5:55:36 PM   
Clux

And before someone else point it out, if you select the old model as "obsolete" or "low quality" and you change the new model to a higher level, the only thing than happens its than these units are transferred to the SHQ and when you replace them you get green units.

(in reply to Clux)
Post #: 2
RE: Replace old units models - 6/8/2020 6:04:25 PM   
devoncop

quote:

ORIGINAL: Clux

And before someone else point it out, if you select the old model as "obsolete" or "low quality" and you change the new model to a higher level, the only thing than happens its than these units are transferred to the SHQ and when you replace them you get green units.

Not necessarily true.

Units that return to the SHQ retain their experience so the answer is to return any experienced troops using obsolete equipment to the SHQ and muster a new unit with the new equipment specifying only regular/experienced/elite quality (choose the options you want) recruits so no green troops are used.

That may solve your issue.

< Message edited by devoncop -- 6/8/2020 6:05:32 PM >

"I do not agree with what you say, but I shall defend to the death your right to say it"

(in reply to Clux)
Post #: 3
RE: Replace old units models - 6/8/2020 6:16:03 PM   
Clux

quote:

ORIGINAL: devoncop

Not necessarily true.

Units that return to the SHQ retain their experience so the answer is to return any experienced troops using obsolete equipment to the SHQ and muster a new unit with the new equipment specifying only regular/experienced/elite quality (choose the options you want) recruits so no green troops are used.

That may solve your issue.

It doesnt work, I have just tried, when you raise the formation the units from the SHQ keep their old vehicles model.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Clux -- 6/8/2020 6:17:24 PM >

(in reply to devoncop)
Post #: 4
RE: Replace old units models - 6/8/2020 6:27:26 PM   
Nemo84

Go to your SHQ, look at the unit tab and click on one of those outdated models. You'll see a unit info screen with Upgrade buttons, either for the individual selection or "Mass" buttons for every entity of that model.

(in reply to Clux)
Post #: 5
RE: Replace old units models - 6/8/2020 6:28:30 PM   
devoncop

Firstly I can't see you have specified an improved model design ? Am I missing something ?

Secondly you need to remove the ticks for green troops on the right and low quality on the top options boxes if you don't want poor quality raw recruits.

"I do not agree with what you say, but I shall defend to the death your right to say it"

(in reply to Clux)
Post #: 6
RE: Replace old units models - 6/8/2020 6:32:53 PM   
Clux

quote:

Firstly I can't see you have specified an improved model design ? Am I missing something ?

Secondly you need to remove the ticks for green troops on the right and low quality on the top options boxes if you don't want poor quality raw recruits.

The new model its the "Speed Runners II". If I remove the tick for green troops, half of the troops with experience are not selected, and if I remove the option to do not use "low" quality models, the game doesnt use the SHQ troops since they have LOW quality models and instead just recruits x5 NEW troops with GREEN experience EVEN if you dont select it.

If you could try to do it in game and somehow make it, I would really apreciated, if you dont have an enough advanced game I can share the save.

(in reply to devoncop)
Post #: 7
RE: Replace old units models - 6/8/2020 6:53:30 PM   
devoncop

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nemo84

Go to your SHQ, look at the unit tab and click on one of those outdated models. You'll see a unit info screen with Upgrade buttons, either for the individual selection or "Mass" buttons for every entity of that model.

Clux

See Nemo's post above for a more elegant solution !

(in reply to Nemo84)
Post #: 8
RE: Replace old units models - 6/9/2020 3:57:10 AM   
Clux

quote:

Clux

See Nemo's post above for a more elegant solution !

That's for upgrading infantry, it doesn't work for any other kind of troops or vehicles, it says it specifically on the manual.

(in reply to devoncop)
Post #: 9
RE: Replace old units models - 6/9/2020 4:48:53 AM   
Hoggypare

quote:

That's for upgrading infantry, it doesn't work for any other kind of troops or vehicles, it says it specifically on the manual.

Yes, I am pretty sure this feature is bugged. The manual states that You should be able to upgrade infantry (which is the case) and replace every other unit that is not infantry - and that is not the case, since You can replace infantry models and only them, which is contrary to what manual states and pretty pointless as upgrading is objectively a better and more flexible choice.

I wrote a post about that in bug section, we'll see if Vic confirms my suspicions.

(in reply to Clux)
Post #: 10
RE: Replace old units models - 6/9/2020 5:41:58 AM   
diamondspider

Agree likely bugged. Infantry can be easily upgraded at very low cost, but vehicles cannot be upgraded at all. The only way to upgrade them that I can see is to either wait for battle losses and replace them with new types, or kick them out by lowering their quality and clicking to stop accepting that quality for unit, then wait a turn, and then hope that you get something delivered from SHQ if you have enough logistics.

In none of these scenarios can an experienced crew get an upgraded vehicle, as I'd expect, unless I am missing something.

(in reply to Hoggypare)
Post #: 11
RE: Replace old units models - 6/9/2020 7:44:21 AM   
KingHalford

I've asked Vic if he can shed some light on this because initially I thought it wasn't a bug but now I see there's no other option but to scrap non-infantry equipment, and doing that supposedly sends troops back to the population.

If nothing else, this seems inconsistent with the rest of the design as you can manually replace troops without having to wait for the SHQ to automatically do it, so it makes sense you should be able to do this with equipment such as tanks too.

< Message edited by KingHalford -- 6/9/2020 7:45:42 AM >

Ben "BATTLEMODE"
www.eXplorminate.co

(in reply to diamondspider)
Post #: 12
RE: Replace old units models - 6/9/2020 7:47:22 AM   
KingHalford

Hang on a minute.

I've DEFINITELY upgraded tanks to new models using this feature. You have to be on a road or rail with enough LIS to allow it.

Can you test and confirm?

Ben "BATTLEMODE"
www.eXplorminate.co

(in reply to KingHalford)
Post #: 13
RE: Replace old units models - 6/9/2020 7:51:18 AM   
KingHalford

Ok now I remember how you do this.

You need to be on a road/rail with plenty of LIS left, and then you go to "Repl. Troops" under the Units menu in the right tool-bar, then scroll down and select the correct Type, and then in the centre Options (eg. Armour Options if you're replacing Armour) then you select the model and you're taken to a production screen. You'll need the usual trucks and resources to do so.

https://imgur.com/KL3qz9z

< Message edited by KingHalford -- 6/9/2020 7:52:56 AM >

Ben "BATTLEMODE"
www.eXplorminate.co

Post #: 14
RE: Replace old units models - 6/9/2020 7:56:44 AM   
KingHalford

Doh! I've realised my own error here, this is creating replacements, not upgrading as you were discussing.

Ok, this is definitely a question for the developer! I've messaged him to see what he says.

< Message edited by KingHalford -- 6/9/2020 7:57:19 AM >

Ben "BATTLEMODE"
www.eXplorminate.co

Post #: 15
RE: Replace old units models - 6/9/2020 8:03:46 AM   
diamondspider

Nope. "Unit cannot take more of this type." Meaning that you can only replace lost troops, not existing ones.

Post #: 16
RE: Replace old units models - 6/9/2020 8:27:12 AM   
KingHalford

"No your right.

Will be fixed next Open Beta patch later today.

Some where indeed wrongly blocked from replacement.

Everything should be replaceable in fact, but not everything should be upgradable.
Best wishes,

Vic"

Ben "BATTLEMODE"
www.eXplorminate.co

(in reply to diamondspider)
Post #: 17
RE: Replace old units models - 6/9/2020 8:28:32 AM   
diamondspider

Woot! Great game, and fantastic developer :)

Also, I'm glad that upgrades won't work on vehicles. They are super cheap on infantry (too cheap), and using normal replacement is great. What will happen to the old vehicles is a good question e.g. auto-scrap or sent to SHQ to be scrapped later... probably the latter.

< Message edited by diamondspider -- 6/9/2020 8:31:06 AM >

Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Replace old units models Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI