Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

SHQ Inventory bar improvement please!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> SHQ Inventory bar improvement please! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SHQ Inventory bar improvement please! - 6/9/2020 6:31:35 PM   
GodwinW

IP in the SHQ Inventory bar kept tripping me up for quite a while and I finally narrowed it down to why.

If you do not use IP the digit in the arrow takes into account the IP you gained this turn.

So:

100 ^89

means that you have 100, 89 of which you got this turn (and you may expect roughly the same number next turn).

HOWEVER when you actually use those IP for a building (not when using them to build roads or so as that's instantly corrected) you ONLY see the use of it, not the income:

So then:

75 v80

means that you did NOT just lose 80 but you gained whatever you gained and purely the loss equals 80. I would have thought the number behind the arrow would be the net gain/loss at the beginning of the turn.
But it isn't. Any IP gained (checked via ingame zone report) is just suddenly not displayed where it IS displayed when you are not building anything.

So that confused me a long time, and tbh, I would suggest changing it so that the number behind the arrow displays the NET gain/loss at the start of the turn. Maybe this is even a bug?

And actually I would love it if it all could display the projected net income/loss for the next turn instead. That just clicks in my mind way more naturally.

I hope I managed to explain what I mean clearly enough, otherwise ask! :)
Post #: 1
RE: SHQ Inventory bar improvement please! - 6/9/2020 6:47:44 PM   
Hadral

I think it works like this because the SHQ actually lose 80 IP, by sending 80 IP to the Zone for construction. You do not see the income because the SHQ Inventory displays what the SHQ received or sent this turn, not what was produced in the assets (which is shown in the Items tab of the Zones). In your case, maybe there was not enough IP produced in the turn to fill the need of construction, so SHQ delivered what it got in stock.

(in reply to GodwinW)
Post #: 2
RE: SHQ Inventory bar improvement please! - 6/9/2020 6:57:53 PM   
GodwinW

No I do not think so. Because in the log 75 was my income as part of the Private Tax, IP does NOT need transport (see manual), and I only used up 80 by building Industry I. And it displayed -80, not -5.
The weird thing is that in the following turn it does seem to be displaying the net result.. so maybe there is just a real bug there that the first turn after you build the display gets wonky?

Or, I am still not understanding it correctly.

(in reply to Hadral)
Post #: 3
RE: SHQ Inventory bar improvement please! - 6/9/2020 7:30:10 PM   
Hadral

Here is what I get with Industry I in construction and 2 Zones :

Zone 1 IP
PROD +100
CONS -15
OUT 85

Zone 2 IP
PROD +64
OUT 188

ZHQ Inventory
768 ^ 273

It seems everything is allright. But it won't help us figure out what happened in your case...

(in reply to GodwinW)
Post #: 4
RE: SHQ Inventory bar improvement please! - 6/10/2020 12:23:44 AM   
GodwinW

Just saw it happen on a Youtube video as well. It really seems more and more like a bug, that it's not only not displaying the income of the turn after which you started to build something but that you do not actually get any income either that turn.

Look at this vid:
Kalalification builds a Bureaucratic offices I in the very first turn. Costs 200 metal. He buys up to 201 metal. His income on turn 1 was 48 metal. No reason at all to assume he will get less metal on turn 2.
He should start turn two on 49 metal. Give or take a few. He starts the turn on 1 metal though. His income just vanished.
Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blUGsU-AznQ
Timestamps:
See him getting the B.O. I: 39:16
See his end of turn metal: 41:00
Start turn 2: 42:15

Exact same thing with his IP.

I'm calling it a bug now and I'm posting a reference in the bug thread.

(in reply to Hadral)
Post #: 5
RE: SHQ Inventory bar improvement please! - 6/10/2020 9:27:02 AM   
Vic

It is very probably in the Zone Reserves.

In Open Beta 1 i finetuned the reserves the Zone is keeping for constructing purposes. Because sometimes it was keeping more than it needed.

Best wishes,
Vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to GodwinW)
Post #: 6
RE: SHQ Inventory bar improvement please! - 6/10/2020 9:47:45 AM   
GodwinW

Thank you for the reply.

But I don't get it .

'Zone Reserves'? I ctrl+f-ed it in the manual and there's exactly 1 entry which is not helpful at all.
Do you mean that when a resource is used by a building process (as opposed to an immediate use like raising a formation or building a road apparently?) the income gets held in some separate place?

If so, why is this?

Because if this holds for multiple turns (even just 1 turn is enough in some cases) it explains why buildings don't finish when I estimate them to at times, it's been confusing me.

Example: I have a plenty of IP, I have 150 Metal and 100 Metal income. I build something costing 2 turns of 125 Metal. I would expect:

Turn 0: 150 metal I have, 100 of which I got this turn. My metal income shouldn't change much. I start construction.
Turn 1 of building: I spend 125 metal, but also get my 100 metal income. Net metal I have = 125 metal.
Turn 2 of building: I spend 125 metal (all of it), but also get my 100 metal income. I finish construction and have 100 metal available.

But am I correct in understanding that it's actually like this?:

Turn 0: 150 metal I have, 100 of which I got this turn. My metal income shouldn't change much. I start construction.
Turn 1 of building: I spend 125 metal, and my 100 metal income gets held in reserve for some reason. Net metal I have = 25 metal.
Turn 2 of building: I spend 25 metal, and my 100 metal income still? gets held in reserve. In any case, I cannot finish the building process in 2 turns due to the reserve thing.

Would really appreciate clarity on this, thanks.

For clarity: both the income and the spending of metal etc. are on the same city hex.

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> SHQ Inventory bar improvement please! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI