Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Shipyard capacity, what do I do wrong

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Shipyard capacity, what do I do wrong Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Shipyard capacity, what do I do wrong - 6/10/2020 2:59:49 PM   
HvMoltke

Hi folks
Still learning to deal with AE special features.
I´m in October`42 playing Babes Lite Scen 26.
I try to fix my ships in Soerabaja and have following miracle.
As you see in pic one the lift capacity of the drydock in Soerabaja is 20000 t.
On the next pic you will see what I do not understand

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by HvMoltke -- 6/11/2020 10:52:29 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Shipyard capacity, what do I wrong - 6/10/2020 3:03:21 PM   
HvMoltke

next pic

I`m told there is only 8000t lift capacity. Why?

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by HvMoltke -- 6/10/2020 3:04:46 PM >

(in reply to HvMoltke)
Post #: 2
RE: Shipyard capacity, what do I wrong - 6/10/2020 3:04:58 PM   
ITAKLinus

I am terribly inexperienced regarding floating docks, but don't you already have the CL Perth in it?

Francesco

(in reply to HvMoltke)
Post #: 3
RE: Shipyard capacity, what do I wrong - 6/10/2020 3:09:26 PM   
HvMoltke

Hi ItaKLinus

First how are you doing after shutdown in Italy. Hope you are fine.

The Perth is in repair ship. Actually I thought the same and took it on Pierside, nothing changed. So that seems not to be the problem.

(in reply to ITAKLinus)
Post #: 4
RE: Shipyard capacity, what do I wrong - 6/10/2020 3:14:16 PM   
ITAKLinus

quote:

ORIGINAL: HvMoltke

Hi ItaKLinus

First how are you doing after shutdown in Italy. Hope you are fine.

The Perth is in repair ship. Actually I thought the same and took it on Pierside, nothing changed. So that seems not to be the problem.

Thanks, I haven't stopped in Italy during this Covid crisis, thanks god. I'm stuck in my girlfriend's place in Prague, waiting to be able to go back to Liberia, where I live.
Hope you are doing fine in Bavaria, such a wonderful place!

Regarding the shipyard: I think you're right. I thought the problem was that you wanted to put it in a repair ship instead of the shipyard.

Then, I really don't know. Have you tried to create space in the shipyard? (ships take few days to get out of it).
The only thing that comes to my mind is that you need to have some free space in the shipyard, but it should allow you to put the ship in it anyway.

Francesco

(in reply to HvMoltke)
Post #: 5
RE: Shipyard capacity, what do I wrong - 6/10/2020 3:34:00 PM   
HvMoltke

Thanx Francesco, I`m fine also. I`m eager to go to Southtyrol in the mountains ( see my avatar).
May be you are right and the dry dock is still occupied. I try later again.

Regarding Liberia, you mean the country. My son was in Senegal when Covid broke out.
It was a hairy thing to get out there with help by our goverment.
So I think the shutdown in Liberia will last for some time there.
Helmut

< Message edited by HvMoltke -- 6/11/2020 10:50:57 AM >

(in reply to ITAKLinus)
Post #: 6
RE: Shipyard capacity, what do I wrong - 6/10/2020 3:43:50 PM   
HvMoltke

I found the answer.
The Shipyard in Soerabaja has a capacity of 8000t
The ARD is a different thing and goes as repair ship with the ability to fix hull damage.
It is not displayed in the base info screen

(in reply to HvMoltke)
Post #: 7
RE: Shipyard capacity, what do I wrong - 6/10/2020 11:43:59 PM   
dr.hal

quote:

I found the answer.
The ARD is a different thing and goes as repair ship with the ability to fix hull damage.

You're on the right track HvMoltke, the CL Mauritius is in the shipyard which has a capacity of 8K. This can fix all sorts of damage. But the capacity is not all that high. In fact the CL you have there is beyond the capacity of the drydock that's why you have a "X" in relation to the days left... in short you can not repair that critical damage on that CL in that yard. You could switch the Perth into the yard as it is smaller in displacement. You could move the Mauritius to the drydock (repairship). But don't be surprised at how long this repair could take.... the drydock doesn't have a lot of people with it..... If you move more Naval Support troops into the port, that would help speed things up. But you would need lots of NS troops (such as a naval HQ unit).

< Message edited by dr.hal -- 6/10/2020 11:48:20 PM >

(in reply to HvMoltke)
Post #: 8
RE: Shipyard capacity, what do I wrong - 6/11/2020 2:34:05 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: dr.hal

quote:

I found the answer.

You're on the right track HvMoltke, the CL Mauritius is in the shipyard which has a capacity of 8K. This can fix all sorts of damage. But the capacity is not all that high. In fact the CL you have there is beyond the capacity of the drydock that's why you have a "X" in relation to the days left... in short you can not repair that critical damage on that CL in that yard. You could switch the Perth into the yard as it is smaller in displacement. You could move the Mauritius to the drydock (repairship). But don't be surprised at how long this repair could take.... the drydock doesn't have a lot of people with it..... If you move more Naval Support troops into the port, that would help speed things up. But you would need lots of NS troops (such as a naval HQ unit).

Don't know what you are talking about here. The ARD is 20,000 capacity and can easily handle a cruiser. The OPs problem was that he was looking at the Base screen and focusing on the 8,000 ton SY rather than cycling through the repair assignment to find the ARD and assign his damaged cruiser to it. He's just learning the game interface on ship repairs.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to dr.hal)
Post #: 9
RE: Shipyard capacity, what do I wrong - 6/11/2020 2:44:33 PM   
dr.hal

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy
Don't know what you are talking about here. The ARD is 20,000 capacity and can easily handle a cruiser. The OPs problem was that he was looking at the Base screen and focusing on the 8,000 ton SY rather than cycling through the repair assignment to find the ARD and assign his damaged cruiser to it. He's just learning the game interface on ship repairs.

According to the OP's screenshot the CL Mauritius is in the SHIPYARD. This is the 8K facility at the base, NOT the ARD. The facility doesn't have the capacity to handle that size ship thus the "X%" under days to repair meaning it CAN'T repair the ship. Yes the ARD can, but that's not where this player has put the CL in question. That's what I'm talking about. I'm trying to focus the OP's view onto the fact that he needs to switch the two CLs to get what I believe he wants done; to repair both CLs.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Shipyard capacity, what do I do wrong Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI