Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Console commands?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Console commands? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Console commands? - 6/10/2020 11:07:22 PM   
Mook881

Hi all,

Loving the game, first of all!

I was wondering if there were any console commands in the game so that I can give myself more resources, credits, IP, etc.
I want to be able to run a test game and figure out the logistics by messing around with stuff on my own terms without worrying about resources and waiting many turns for them (early game you are strapped for everything).

Thanks!
Ralph
Post #: 1
RE: Console commands? - 6/10/2020 11:10:15 PM   
Malevolence

Dev console would be appreciated; have not found one.

Nicht kleckern, sondern klotzen!

*Please remember all posts are made by a malevolent, autocratic despot whose rule is marked by unjust severity and arbitrary behavior. Your experiences may vary.

(in reply to Mook881)
Post #: 2
RE: Console commands? - 6/10/2020 11:43:36 PM   
Rosseau

This would be such a huge help for some of us learning the game. I'd gladly pay the price of a DLC to have something like this. While some would condemn us as "cheating," it is really of course up to Vic to provide or not to. Thanks!

(in reply to Malevolence)
Post #: 3
RE: Console commands? - 6/11/2020 7:42:34 PM   
Mook881

Hey Vic,

Just wanted to see your opinion on this! It would be great to give the user the console command option!
Is this possible or could be in the future?
Thanks!

(in reply to Rosseau)
Post #: 4
RE: Console commands? - 6/13/2020 10:51:15 AM   
Mook881

Any way to do this Vic?

(in reply to Mook881)
Post #: 5
RE: Console commands? - 6/16/2020 2:29:44 PM   
Barnacle Bill

I second this...

To be honest, I am finding the game overwhelming as a new player. I invested a fair amount of time (over 20 turns) into an initial game, but suffered a sudden logistical collapse and really didn't have time to sort out why all my units were suddenly "dying". If would be very helpful to be able to fix that with console commands and try to figure out what I was doing wrong and correct it going forward, vs starting a new game and have the same experience repeatedly until by trial and error I finally figure it out. Not sure I am stubborn enough to do it the hard way, actually.

I tried to look at editing the save game, discovered that regardless of the file extension it is an archive 7-zip can open, but when you get down to the text file that is the core of it - it is password protected so you can't open or extract it without the password. Baring console commands, I'd be happy to receive that password.

(in reply to Mook881)
Post #: 6
RE: Console commands? - 6/16/2020 4:09:32 PM   
Twotribes

Biggest problem with supply, first is food make sure you have enough second as you grow make sure you have enough logistics via train or truck.

(in reply to Barnacle Bill)
Post #: 7
RE: Console commands? - 6/16/2020 4:24:46 PM   
Barnacle Bill

I kinda got that much, although how to manage the details isn't intuitively obvious.

So I am kinda at an impass where either I cheat my way out of the hole that I rapidly fell into just the last couple turns, or throw away that game and start over.

Honestly I'd rather not have to start over because it seemed to be going pretty good for about 20 turns.

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 8
RE: Console commands? - 6/16/2020 4:40:43 PM   
Malevolence

Are you able to take a "pause" where you are at? I don't mean quit playing. Sometimes it's best to pull units close to supply lines and pause the offense while units are restored, infrastructure is finished, etc.

In my current game, during a food shortage, most of my units dropped almost to 200 troops.

I've played many board War in the East like games and this is typical of that play.

Unit's aren't brought to full strength every turn even with full factories and warehouses at home---in East-like games.

Upgrading a Level 2 to Level 3 building in my SHQ city brings military operations to a halt.

< Message edited by Malevolence -- 6/16/2020 4:42:13 PM >

*Please remember all posts are made by a malevolent, autocratic despot whose rule is marked by unjust severity and arbitrary behavior. Your experiences may vary.

Post #: 9
RE: Console commands? - 6/16/2020 5:47:16 PM   
Barnacle Bill

Even units sitting in my capital are a mess, meanwhile I am under a lot of pressure from minor regimes who are
gobbling up my territory and threatening my cities (I have two because I took out one minor and have their former
city) and asset hexes.
I built two MG brigades but those plus the starting militia units are insufficient to even block the advance of
hostile units into my territory via a continuous perimeter. Now, with the combat value of my units in free fall
due to the logistics crisis, I can't muster local superiority sufficient to destroy the advancing enemy units
piecemeal either. Quite a mess - and on the lowest difficulty too! Getting worse every turn for the last several,
and no light at the end of the tunnel.
I was doing pretty good until the last several turns, so I hate to throw it away and start all over, but probably
not salvageable at this point short of some kind of cheat (console commands, save game editing, whatever).
Even if I go back to the autosave from the first game, though, I am not sure what exactly I did wrong. That would
be, I suppose, marginally better than rolling up a whole new game, but still looks like a long trial and error
process of essentially replaying the same game scenario over and over until I get it right. Cheating my way out
of the crisis and learning as I go forward would be more fun.

Post #: 10
RE: Console commands? - 6/16/2020 6:08:37 PM   
Malevolence

That sounds dire. Sometimes we are the bull, and sometimes we get the horns.

Post #: 11
RE: Console commands? - 6/16/2020 9:30:31 PM   
Rosseau

Because I'm an older wargamer, I own pretty much everything out there. And certainly all of Vic's stuff. Playing some great games now that happen to be on Steam - Carrier Battles 4, Winter War, Libertad o Muerte!, LnL series, The Last Regiment...

Give me a file or command to get me some resources to get on with my virtual life. This is a puzzle game, and the puzzle is how to play it.

I think some younger, highly intelligent gamers like the "challenge," but for me after maybe 12 hours it is work, frustration, drudgery. They say 20 hours minimum to get some pleasure out of this game?

Sorry, but my time is too valuable to invest that amount of time and maybe it will be "fun" then.

Post #: 12
RE: Console commands? - 6/23/2020 8:06:44 PM   
rwbrown

Vic,

I really enjoy the game but the lack of any meaningful way around bugs or unexplained systems or other limitations is wildly frustrating. I have a game I’m probably 30 hours in and control 49% of the planets population and the traders have zero money to buy goods. In just a few turns my entire empire is going to fall apart and it’s just... work. That isn’t fun. I’m too damn old to care. Please give us old farts a way to enjoy your game without having to take a correspondence course.

(in reply to Rosseau)
Post #: 13
RE: Console commands? - 6/23/2020 8:20:10 PM   
Iron Knight

quote:

ORIGINAL: rwbrown

Vic,

I really enjoy the game but the lack of any meaningful way around bugs or unexplained systems or other limitations is wildly frustrating. I have a game I’m probably 30 hours in and control 49% of the planets population and the traders have zero money to buy goods. In just a few turns my entire empire is going to fall apart and it’s just... work. That isn’t fun. I’m too damn old to care. Please give us old farts a way to enjoy your game without having to take a correspondence course.

Well put. The on going support is stellar, but some commands would be great to work around the rough spots.

(in reply to rwbrown)
Post #: 14
RE: Console commands? - 6/24/2020 7:18:00 AM   
josefrees

As an avid cheater myself, I agree it is one way to learn. Another way is to have your regime collapse because you were depending on traders having money and not letting that happen the next time. Would like console commands tho

(in reply to Iron Knight)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Console commands? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI