Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Advisors - how to use properly ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Advisors - how to use properly ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Advisors - how to use properly ? - 6/11/2020 12:14:00 AM   
Thomas8

Did anyone had luck with using advisors ? When I am checking their skill checks when they are assigned to anyone - its empty - so I assume they always roll lower (or not roll at all) ? The fact that having them attached causes friction - make them pointless right now (should they match their employee profile ideally to not have any friction ?)
Post #: 1
RE: Advisors - how to use properly ? - 6/11/2020 1:27:34 AM   
Cornuthaum

i use advisors with Investigation on governors that don't have it and are assigned to territories with Unrest, as most of the Danger event rolls key off of Investigation

(in reply to Thomas8)
Post #: 2
RE: Advisors - how to use properly ? - 6/11/2020 2:14:51 AM   
Grotius

I didn't realize they caused friction when attached. How do I tell how much friction? I've attached mine to one of my OHQ commanders, because my advisor had lots of nice military skills the OHQ commander was lacking.

(in reply to Cornuthaum)
Post #: 3
RE: Advisors - how to use properly ? - 6/11/2020 2:38:40 AM   
Soar_Slitherine

You can check the tooltip for the leader relation value to see how much they lost due to friction. Friction seems to happen between characters with opposite ideological profiles, although I wouldn't be surprised if differences in personality profiles potentially caused it as well.

(in reply to Grotius)
Post #: 4
RE: Advisors - how to use properly ? - 6/11/2020 1:17:23 PM   
Jdane

They probably do, because I detached an Advisor who was upsetting the non-aligned governor of the capital to attach her to the Supreme Command Council director who is from the same faction, and yet the director is also starting to get upset by the Advisor.

Maybe this Advisor is just insufferable.

(in reply to Soar_Slitherine)
Post #: 5
RE: Advisors - how to use properly ? - 6/11/2020 6:15:12 PM   
Soar_Slitherine

I just realized that advisor friction is applied to character Natural Relation Point rather than directly to the relation value, and the reason relations with the governor I previously had my advisor attached to were taking such a nose-dive was that the friction put their Natural Relation Point completely in the pit. The new governor I moved the advisor to still takes a big hit to NPR from friction, I just failed to notice it because their original NPR is high enough to maintain decent relations regadless. I can only speculate as to the reason, but the fact that the advisor is corrupt and disloyal to my regime (yet the only leader around with half-decent skills in governing) might not help.

< Message edited by Soar_Slitherine -- 6/11/2020 6:16:06 PM >

(in reply to Jdane)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Advisors - how to use properly ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI