Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Cool stories

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Cool stories Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Cool stories - 11/18/2019 2:59:04 PM   
spence

These are a bunch of cool stories too. In the game I've had that tanker that Allied starts SE of Manila try to make a journey similar to the Aiten Maru's a couple of times...to San Francisco. Even made it there once or twice by which time I'd completely forgotten about it.

http://www.combinedfleet.com/Strange.htm
Post #: 1
RE: Cool stories - 11/18/2019 4:52:08 PM   
fcooke

I once got the MSW from Guam back to safety. But you need to be crafty. Sending a pretty small tanker south of OZ seems like a real stretch. Could she really cover 10,000 NMs?

(in reply to spence)
Post #: 2
RE: Cool stories - 11/18/2019 7:03:42 PM   
rockmedic109

Any Dutch TK in my games that began the war in DEI that is still afloat in June 42 would have a story {many of them} and enough medals for their crew to keep a couple of mines open just for them. The Dutch are always desperate to get oil/fuel out of Palembang right up till if falls. xAKs too for that matter. They run fuel to Darwin. Ever game I play, Darwin fills up every Oil/Fuel Storage tank in the base as well as every open pot, pan and beer bottle in the city.

I create a half dozen pilots in the editor and follow them throughout the war. Name them for neighbors and family that flew in the war. One was shot down and killed in the Rangoon delta when he {alone} successfully defended transports from an air attack. In my little private AAR, his plane was discovered decades later, his story discovered, and he was awarded the Medal of Honor. Ensign Kirk {I'm a trekkie} of VF-6 went down with the Enterprise.

(in reply to fcooke)
Post #: 3
RE: Cool stories - 6/12/2020 10:37:14 AM   
mosessan20

Also very interesting web page.

(in reply to rockmedic109)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Cool stories Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI