Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Tips for keeping supply and logistics flowing

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> War Room >> Tips for keeping supply and logistics flowing Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Tips for keeping supply and logistics flowing - 6/13/2020 4:18:23 PM   
hellcat23

Someone recommended I put these tips here hope they can help:

I'm on my 6th game and apart from the first 2 where I really had to struggle with the logistics supply issue I have got it down to some simple rules of thumb that really make it so I don't even have to check the bottleneck and other overlays very often. I hope these tips help.

Nationalise any Truck hubs as soon as you can afford it so as to take control.

Put down sealed roads everywhere when you can. This is game changer. This includes to production sites even if they are a few hexes.

Only build roads where you have to, but do build roads to the front line.

Upgrade your Truck stations to level 2 in each city zone. Only go level 3 if problems develop.

Build rail between all your cities and stations in each city. Only upgrade the stations when you need to.

If you build rail to a non city then build a rail head at the end of the line. (Say to the front line) - But I don't do this very much.

Black and red lines on bottlenecks can be fixed with upgrading city truck or rail stations, it's rarely needed to put truck stops elsewhere but you definitely don't need to spam non city truck stops or supply bases.

Keep an eye on units going yellow or red - they are either too far from supply (extend roads or move units back into supply)

Close of roads with no activity with Traffic signs - but I don't use this much.

Make sure you have enough food, ammo and oil.

Doing this I've been having SHQ first 3 supply settings 100% in the green.
Post #: 1
RE: Tips for keeping supply and logistics flowing - 6/13/2020 5:25:01 PM   
zgrssd

My first tip is:
Map Layers Bar -> Toggle "Show Op. Log." (Show Operation Logistics), Hotkey: 6
It shows you a nice, simple color coding for the last selected unit, showing you in wich Hexes it can still get supply.
You know exactly when you send your units to far with that one!

Private T1 truck station is the minimum I got in every city.
Starting with the T4 Start resulting in me already owningthe Truck Station and Scavenging in my starting city, wich I feel is a game change for early logistics.
I am unsure of going to T2 Truck in every city, or even Railways between cities. Seems a bit excessive for me. But then maybe, I have not gone to that scale yet?

When closing roads, I only close them to 95%. Will not waste relevant capacity, but if I forgot I got it there units will at least not die instantly.

Sealed Roads will increase how far the Free Truck AP will carry you, so I do not understand the reason to build them over short distances. Especially in dead ends.
Assets also only need enough truck capacity passing by - they do not seem to consume it, getting stuff to or from the zone. Only between City Center, SHQ and Units seems any Logistic nesseary.

(in reply to hellcat23)
Post #: 2
RE: Tips for keeping supply and logistics flowing - 6/13/2020 7:39:38 PM   
Kamelpov

The waste relevant is also used for strategic redeployment. So if you have 1000k or more you can redeploy a whole division to the front line.

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 3
RE: Tips for keeping supply and logistics flowing - 6/13/2020 8:30:22 PM   
hellcat23

One other thing if your food or oil isn't reaching the troops. Something to check before plonking down more logistics is just check the production facilities and make sure they are getting enough energy and workers. This one became a real issue for me especially when you haven't got the power / energy techs discovered and researched.

(in reply to Kamelpov)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> War Room >> Tips for keeping supply and logistics flowing Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI