Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Declaring War? Diplomacy Intel?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Declaring War? Diplomacy Intel? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Declaring War? Diplomacy Intel? - 6/15/2020 1:04:28 AM   
Ayus

Hi, just a question about the willingness for the AI to declare war.
I was in a big war with my eastern neighbor and just had a small force on my western border.
So the western Major declared war on me. This would have been very opportunistic and smart...but:
The attack wasnt coming. I prepared for the worst and mobilized some emergency troops to hold the line until i could reinforce them.
When the time came, the anticipated attack still didnt come. So i realized he must be busy elsewhere.
I decided to go on the offensive now and barely met any resistance. Thats because he was at war with his own western Major neighbor. Which i met on the other side of the capital.

So why is a Major thats already at war (and losing it) declaring war on me? Just because im vulnerable myself? Doesnt make sense if he cannot invade me at all because his troops are busy elsewhere. So my suggestion would be looking into this :)

On the other hand...the other Major i met on the other side of the capital declared war on me too now. So thats a really interesting position now :D

And also: Is there a menu where i can see what Majors have war with each other?

< Message edited by Ayus -- 6/15/2020 1:37:10 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Declaring War? Diplomacy Intel? - 6/15/2020 2:08:08 AM   
Ekaton

I noticed that too. In one of my latest playthroughs, AI to my east was bogged down in a bloody war against AI to my north, vital supply line passing just north-east of me. Turn 1-2 of the war, I seized that line, and a few turns later, his front line against the other AI completely collapsed. Proper attack against my troops only happened about 10 turns later, so I had more than enough time to shift troops from other, stable fronts, and prepare my defences.

AI should be hesitant to start the war when it's already bogged down in one.

I need ten females for each male...

(in reply to Ayus)
Post #: 2
RE: Declaring War? Diplomacy Intel? - 6/15/2020 10:01:53 AM   
GodwinW

In the meantime here I am, 2 majors who hate me and provoke me and make sure they don't get relation higher than 30 with me (I've tried the other approach as well) and they refuse to declare war and get the ball rolling :p

I rather like that games can be so diverse. It's also not a bad thing if a leader of a country can make huge tactical mistakes in deciding to fight a 2-front war.

For example, could your AI that did this be a Theology regime? They have a Faction (Crusaders) who care very little about their chances and the result: they just do what they feel their God wants. So they're known for starting wars without hope. It's very cool flavor!

(in reply to Ekaton)
Post #: 3
RE: Declaring War? Diplomacy Intel? - 6/15/2020 3:00:47 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ayus

So why is a Major thats already at war (and losing it) declaring war on me? Just because im vulnerable myself? Doesnt make sense if he cannot invade me at all because his troops are busy elsewhere. So my suggestion would be looking into this :)

On the other hand...the other Major i met on the other side of the capital declared war on me too now. So thats a really interesting position now :D

Maybe you got it backwards? Maybe:
- Major 1 declared war on you.
- Major 2 declared war on Major 1 (because he was in a war now).
- Major 1s Strategic AI focussed on Major 2 front, as there was nothing comming from your direction.

(in reply to Ayus)
Post #: 4
RE: Declaring War? Diplomacy Intel? - 6/16/2020 10:12:49 PM   
Ayus

quote:

ORIGINAL: zgrssd

Maybe you got it backwards? Maybe:
- Major 1 declared war on you.
- Major 2 declared war on Major 1 (because he was in a war now).
- Major 1s Strategic AI focussed on Major 2 front, as there was nothing comming from your direction.

If thats true it would make sense, but still i wonder why he had no troops at all at my border. It wasnt even like he was planning to attack, so i guess the other war was already raging.

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Declaring War? Diplomacy Intel? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI