Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

how many turns for a game?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> how many turns for a game? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
how many turns for a game? - 6/15/2020 3:43:13 AM   
VoodooDog

i dont know how the win conditions work and how easy they are to achieve, but seeing what is necessary to get to the lategame (techs, assets etc) i assume this can easily be 500+ turns?

i guess on a small map you ll achieve the victory condition way before that?
but lets say there is some kind of a stalemate and no one really makes a push forward and it turns into a cold war typ of situation?
argg **** i luve this game

for your finished games, how many turns did you take and on what settings did you play (planet type, map size and difficulty)
Post #: 1
RE: how many turns for a game? - 6/15/2020 3:53:10 AM   
goodwoodrw

I wouldn't have a clue, I haven't got past 25 turns

Formerly Goodwood

(in reply to VoodooDog)
Post #: 2
RE: how many turns for a game? - 6/15/2020 3:53:15 AM   
AttuWatcher

Moon planet, beginner, 22 turns to win.

Siwa small, beginner, 80 turns. Quit after I discovered I missed all early-game power techs and had no ability to generate power. Easily would have been 100+ turns if I didn't quit.

Several other games on going. I think small maps are a minimum of 60-100 turns.

(in reply to VoodooDog)
Post #: 3
RE: how many turns for a game? - 6/15/2020 4:21:31 AM   
Twotribes

No Idea I keep restarting ) Never satisfied with what I have ) all Siwa max planet size usually large pop to start.

(in reply to AttuWatcher)
Post #: 4
RE: how many turns for a game? - 6/15/2020 4:28:46 AM   
pavig

Seems to very much depend on planet size. Moons play quick with quick turns, probably about 20-40. Easy to knock off in one sitting. Moons are probably a format well suited to PBEM games.

Larger planets seem to take exponentially longer to resolve, and planet size varies widely.

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 5
RE: how many turns for a game? - 6/15/2020 5:09:24 AM   
SSFSX17

Moon - roughly 20 to 40, depending on hex features that each major power is able to find.

Otherwise - many, many, many more turns than that.

For fastest possible games, you should start with 2 armies per zone and tech level 5, so that you skip straight to tank warfare and decisive battles. Otherwise, there is a long phase of scrounging food and water, and having nothing but riflemen & MGs to attack with.

(in reply to pavig)
Post #: 6
RE: how many turns for a game? - 6/15/2020 5:56:26 AM   
Grotius

I'm on turn 50 or thereabouts, on Beginner difficulty, and the end is nowhere near in sight. We three major regimes are all at roughly the same power. I've unlocked just a fraction of the tech tree. Long way to go, it would seem.

(in reply to SSFSX17)
Post #: 7
RE: how many turns for a game? - 6/15/2020 6:33:44 AM   
RecliningJohnnyD

Turn 163, big Siwa class with life.
One large major left to beat, still mopping up two others. Depending on how the war goes, could be another 50 or another 100.

Turn processing is more likely to stop me than the enemy at this point.

(in reply to Grotius)
Post #: 8
RE: how many turns for a game? - 6/15/2020 8:12:32 AM   
basilstaghare

90 turns in & still playing on my first game: Siwi Huge / Slowest Tech setting / am in my first war with a major at 22% victory...long way to go which is fine with me...

(in reply to RecliningJohnnyD)
Post #: 9
RE: how many turns for a game? - 6/15/2020 8:19:05 AM   
Lovenought

Do the end turns get faster, because there are less and less AI's? Or slower, because higher population means more economic and logistical calculations going on in the background?

(in reply to basilstaghare)
Post #: 10
RE: how many turns for a game? - 6/15/2020 8:30:30 AM   
liq3

Turn 78 out for me on a large Siwa. Playing on Regular. I've basically already won. Taken out one Major, cleaning up another Major. I'll be at 37.5% pop after I finish them off. The other majors are at 5%, 5% and 10%. Still haven't even explored half the map. Probably gonna take another 80 turns to officially win though.

(in reply to RecliningJohnnyD)
Post #: 11
RE: how many turns for a game? - 6/15/2020 8:45:37 AM   
Naselus

200 turns into a very slow game on a giant map and we're still firmly in the mid-game here. 2 major AIs and I have killed a few weaker majors and cleared all the minors and are now preparing for a final battle that I expect to take at least another 100 turns

(in reply to liq3)
Post #: 12
RE: how many turns for a game? - 6/15/2020 10:24:03 AM   
Culthrasa

I finished a few games in the 100 to 200 range turns, but it is very depended on the of conquest, availability of resources, terrain etc...
In my current game at turn 50 i'm nowhere as far techwise as other games 've had where i conquered three minors by that time and had more to work with...

(in reply to Naselus)
Post #: 13
RE: how many turns for a game? - 6/15/2020 3:23:33 PM   
Ekaton

Playing it slow on very hostile, huge planets. Turn 90 and I'm the strongest major power in the game, but nowhere near even mid-game. I've never finished a game, losing my first one, but that one lasted for about 180 turns from memory.

I need ten females for each male...

(in reply to Culthrasa)
Post #: 14
RE: how many turns for a game? - 6/15/2020 4:38:35 PM   
76mm

In my third game, on a small planet by turn 100 I only had two cities, despite controlling 18% of the world. If I hadn't gotten wiped out about turn 150 when two major powers ganged up on me, it could easily have gone 500 turns.

(in reply to Ekaton)
Post #: 15
RE: how many turns for a game? - 6/15/2020 8:27:03 PM   
seiSetill

My experience shows that the speed heavily depends on access to iron. In my games, the faster to iron, the faster the game.

Game 1: Beginner, Medium Siwa, all default, full fog. - 124 turns, 83% planet
This was my first game ever. A 100% learning game. So many things I did wrong or had no idea about. Tons of fun. Experiments all over the map.

Game 2: Normal, Planetoid, all default, full fog.- 110 turns, 75% planet
My second game, another learning game with techniques I didn't get to try on the first run (setting up 2nd SHQ, etc.). So much fun. Was surrounded by 4 aggressive players, and just focused on making them happy no matter the pain to my regime profile. Worked! I blitzed down a Major Militarist with 2 other players. We could NOT bring him down. Even with a full surround, tanks, arty. Didn't matter. At my best setup, they'd have a 24k% bonus. It was insane. I almost gave up to switch to attacking another regime, but on around the 40th turn in a row encircling their city, I broke through on a 1:1. I will easily take 2:1s, 1:1 in those cases. I could resupply quickly, so I kept trying, and got there. The rest of the game was a roll.

Game 3: Normal, Unclassified, full Fog of war, no starting army, lvl 3 tech start + normal tech speed. - 24+ turns, 4.6% planet
I wanted to test what I learned, so I let the computer choose for me. This is by far, the most...unique setup I've played.

There are no metal deposits. The only metal I gain comes from 2 recycling centers. With those recycling centers, I managed to raise 2 light infantry armies to take a regime. I'm at turn 24 now. I've considered buying metal, but the amount I need to get to industry, is too cost prohibitive. 800 for ~200 metal.

It's been a game of delicate balance. Every soldier death is painful. I expect it to be another 100+ turns, especially if there are no iron deposits.

Back to it!

< Message edited by seiSetill -- 6/16/2020 8:15:53 AM >

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> how many turns for a game? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI