Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Choose unit picture?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Choose unit picture? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Choose unit picture? - 6/14/2020 10:49:55 PM   
spork

I have a mech inf. battalion where two of the units have infantry as the picture on the tile and the rest have the APCs. Is there any way to change them all to APCs?
Post #: 1
RE: Choose unit picture? - 6/15/2020 6:24:41 AM   
RecliningJohnnyD

I think the game models the transports separate from the infantry, meaning the APC symbols are simply transports while the infantry is infantry.

(in reply to spork)
Post #: 2
RE: Choose unit picture? - 6/15/2020 6:56:55 AM   
Clux

quote:

ORIGINAL: spork

I have a mech inf. battalion where two of the units have infantry as the picture on the tile and the rest have the APCs. Is there any way to change them all to APCs?

Thats because you dont have enough APCs or the model isnt mechanized at all. I found out today when I was raising a new formation than because I only have enough resources for the 90% of the formation, half of my units where showing the APC and the others infantry, after 2 turns and reinforcing these units which were lacking APC, every unit was showing the APC sprint and moving like if it was mechanized.

(in reply to spork)
Post #: 3
RE: Choose unit picture? - 6/15/2020 10:42:49 AM   
spork

I'd forgotten that this did happen to me, some were short by a few APCs - when I reinforced them a couple switched over to showing the APCs but two didn't and seem to be stuck that way.

(in reply to Clux)
Post #: 4
RE: Choose unit picture? - 6/15/2020 1:02:24 PM   
Tree Dog

I'm a bit confused as to how the game chooses which graphic to display, too.
I recruited three missing units for a motorized brigade, two of them show a truck icon and the third a soldier icon. All three are at 100% strength, and have the same thousand of soldiers and hundred trucks, all at 0 XP.
It's not overly annoying, but without checking the details everytime, I'd certainly take them for standard foot troops rather than motorized, especially when attacking.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to spork)
Post #: 5
RE: Choose unit picture? - 6/15/2020 2:47:08 PM   
Jdane

It may very well already exist somewhere in which case I missed it, but I wish there was a quick way to ascertain the movement type of a unit, like those icons in Advanced Tactics (infantryman for foot, horse, wheel, track). You could tell at a glance if you had enough transportation in your mix of troops or not. I've been failing to manage to do the same in Shadow Empire, at least for now.

(in reply to Tree Dog)
Post #: 6
RE: Choose unit picture? - 6/15/2020 3:07:38 PM   
Destragon

If you click on the "action points" button, it will tell you what kinda movement type the unit has. Does it say wheel or foot?

(in reply to Jdane)
Post #: 7
RE: Choose unit picture? - 6/15/2020 3:10:51 PM   
Jdane

Very true, thanks for pointing it out to me.
It's not as obvious as in ATG (since you have to click and look in the right place), but it's there and does the job.

(in reply to Destragon)
Post #: 8
RE: Choose unit picture? - 6/15/2020 6:25:08 PM   
Clux

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tree Dog

I'm a bit confused as to how the game chooses which graphic to display, too.
I recruited three missing units for a motorized brigade, two of them show a truck icon and the third a soldier icon. All three are at 100% strength, and have the same thousand of soldiers and hundred trucks, all at 0 XP.
It's not overly annoying, but without checking the details everytime, I'd certainly take them for standard foot troops rather than motorized, especially when attacking.

Then more than likely its a bug, you should make a report in the subforum along with your savegame

(in reply to Tree Dog)
Post #: 9
RE: Choose unit picture? - 6/15/2020 8:43:55 PM   
RecliningJohnnyD

I'm not sure that's a bug, seems like he has 10 trucks per 100 infantry?

Edit: Never mind, I hung myself up on the wrong unit pictures

< Message edited by RecliningJohnnyD -- 6/15/2020 8:45:19 PM >

(in reply to Clux)
Post #: 10
RE: Choose unit picture? - 6/19/2020 3:53:58 PM   
Destragon

I'm also noticing this in my game now. I have motorised units with the motorised NATO icon and with wheel movement type, but they get displayed with an infantryman picture for some reason.

Edit:
Hm, I'm looking at my units and it's looking like it might only display the truck as picture if you have MORE trucks than infantry, not when you have the same amount of trucks and infantry. Might be a bug.

< Message edited by Destragon -- 6/19/2020 3:57:50 PM >

(in reply to RecliningJohnnyD)
Post #: 11
RE: Choose unit picture? - 6/19/2020 5:05:05 PM   
zgrssd

The game does "motorized" units, by putting in 1 truck subunit for every non-vehicle subunit. To my knowledge, those guys are still fighting per Infantry rules and are still using Infantry equipment, but move under wheel rules.
(I am only 25% for them still fighting like Infantry).

(in reply to Destragon)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Choose unit picture? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI