Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Total Annihilation

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Total Annihilation Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Total Annihilation - 6/15/2020 3:38:51 PM   
Vhalor

There's a lot of utter annihilation going on as the power of defense is just incredible. This example is on extreme difficult as well, with my troops in that case being quite outdated, older models and even some milita forces mixed in!

You all seeing these kinds of massacres too, especially on higher difficulties?

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Total Annihilation - 6/15/2020 4:21:16 PM   
Jdane

Not THAT severe in normal difficulty, but this reminds me of a siege while the defenders were losing huge amounts of troops each time they tried to break the encirclement.
However each time I tried to finish them afterwards (with crappy early game infantry mind you) I failed, as they had apparently not been annihilated or maybe they managed to replenish their ranks using replacements.

I suspect those results came from a battle of complete encirclement. Units without any possible way of escape tend to panic quickly, from where starts a cascade effect of surrenders and panicked retreats to nowhere which give significant bonuses to the attackers to score kills.

At any rate this underlines how useful it would be to be able to inspect the detailed reports on a battle that occurred during turn resolution.

< Message edited by Jdane -- 6/15/2020 4:32:01 PM >

(in reply to Vhalor)
Post #: 2
RE: Total Annihilation - 6/15/2020 4:21:20 PM   
ZygfrydDeLowe

Very rarely, perhaps if the enemy is out of supply or can't retreat. Maybe they were using this Stratagem that gave them bonus to attack, but high chance of unit dying if it retreats?
Usually tactical AI is more reasonable from my experience.

(in reply to Vhalor)
Post #: 3
RE: Total Annihilation - 6/15/2020 5:58:57 PM   
Vhalor

Weirdly enough, they were right next to their city, so they should have had solid supplies. Plenty of room to retreat too and no crazy posture either. So I do agree, it would be useful to have detailed reports for cases like this.

Now the major regime was theocratic, so perhaps that factors into their overly aggressive behavior.

(in reply to ZygfrydDeLowe)
Post #: 4
RE: Total Annihilation - 6/15/2020 6:03:04 PM   
Jdane

They would most certainly have had massive morale boosts in this case.
Incidentally, theocracies seem to tend to go with a German naming scheme from what I've seen so far.

At any rate, a suggestion has already been made to give the player access to battle reports from History, I can only hope Vic will be able to come to it and implement it.

(in reply to Vhalor)
Post #: 5
RE: Total Annihilation - 6/15/2020 6:14:05 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vhalor

Weirdly enough, they were right next to their city, so they should have had solid supplies. Plenty of room to retreat too and no crazy posture either. So I do agree, it would be useful to have detailed reports for cases like this.

Now the major regime was theocratic, so perhaps that factors into their overly aggressive behavior.

If they are right next to their city, chances are you are within the zone that causes danger.

There are 7 different Infantry designs and there is some Irregulary Artillery, so I am betting those were Militia Troops.
They got access to every 30 turn old design, but rarely (if ever) upgrade.

< Message edited by zgrssd -- 6/15/2020 6:15:55 PM >

(in reply to Vhalor)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Total Annihilation Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI