Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Anyone think end turn takes too long?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> RE: Anyone think end turn takes too long? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Anyone think end turn takes too long? - 6/16/2020 8:14:15 AM   
seiSetill

Turns aren't long for me. 10 to 30 seconds and I watch the AI move the whole time. In big wars, just watching what the AI does can take 50 seconds, but I find it more of a feature because I enjoy watching them move around. Especially if I have spies saturate the area. Maybe if I had "show AI move" turned off, it would be slightly annoying. Two minute turns sound rough. Thank god for alt tab

(in reply to ricanuck)
Post #: 31
RE: Anyone think end turn takes too long? - 6/16/2020 9:07:31 AM   
Che12

Can you post your configuration, maybe just to get a hint to what kind of processor would do a better job? My turn times are now back to a point where it is about 5 to 10 minutes each turn (small map, at round 56 with the latest beta-patch) while the game does not use all CPUs or RAM. It is also installed on a SSD. But its just no fun anymore if you have to wait this long for every turn.

< Message edited by Che12 -- 6/16/2020 9:08:10 AM >

(in reply to seiSetill)
Post #: 32
RE: Anyone think end turn takes too long? - 6/16/2020 12:21:57 PM   
BlackRain

quote:

ORIGINAL: seiSetill

Turns aren't long for me. 10 to 30 seconds and I watch the AI move the whole time. In big wars, just watching what the AI does can take 50 seconds, but I find it more of a feature because I enjoy watching them move around. Especially if I have spies saturate the area. Maybe if I had "show AI move" turned off, it would be slightly annoying. Two minute turns sound rough. Thank god for alt tab

I can't see how this is possible unless you are in the early turns of the game (as in before 100). Yeah, there was a time when turns were 10 to 30 seconds for me, at the beginning of the game. What are your specs, because mine are very high. Also, are you playing on a small map? How many factions are there?

(in reply to seiSetill)
Post #: 33
RE: Anyone think end turn takes too long? - 6/19/2020 7:44:27 PM   
Razorix22

Playing a multiplayer game with my buddy here. We have a 126x50 planet size, at round 116, and the ending turn take between 10 to 20 minutes for either of us ! This increase more and more over time...

My buddy play first, and when he press the end turn button, he has to wait 10 to 20 minutes watching "Configuring game" before he can save and send the file.
When it's my turn to end, I watch the AI does his things, then game is stuck on "resolving" my friend turn for 10 to 20 minutes.

Moving the game from a HDD to his SSD helped my friend a bit, but for me, I'm already on a PCIe SSD, 16GB RAM and i5...

(in reply to BlackRain)
Post #: 34
RE: Anyone think end turn takes too long? - 6/19/2020 10:27:57 PM   
Hazard151

My single player game's usually stuck on Configure Game and one of the Major Regime's Strategic Front calculations. It easily takes 30 minutes to resolve a turn from the press of the button.

(in reply to Razorix22)
Post #: 35
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> RE: Anyone think end turn takes too long? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI