Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Where should you place a Capacity V leader?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Where should you place a Capacity V leader? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Where should you place a Capacity V leader? - 6/17/2020 6:56:39 AM   
Lovenought

I just had the good fortune to roll my first V leader, and now i'm wondering where you could best take advantage of that. As I understand it, you can basically place a V in any role and they will very rapidly become hyper-competent at it.

Perhaps a research roll? Model design, so all future models have amazing structural design? SHQ, to increase PP and BP?
Post #: 1
RE: Where should you place a Capacity V leader? - 6/17/2020 7:03:48 AM   
Clux

I would put in on Military research, so I always have a advantage from other majors.

(in reply to Lovenought)
Post #: 2
RE: Where should you place a Capacity V leader? - 6/17/2020 7:11:59 AM   
Jdane

It would depend on which is their higher stat among Intelligence, War or Charisma.

I've yet to grok this all, as some roles can benefit from more than one of these stats, but my rule of thumb for now is : Intelligence > technical or scientific, interior ; War > commanding officer, staff, spymaster ; Charisma > governor, foreign affairs. But a governor actually also needs Intelligence, and a spymaster would probably make good use of Charisma.

< Message edited by Jdane -- 6/17/2020 7:12:43 AM >

(in reply to Lovenought)
Post #: 3
RE: Where should you place a Capacity V leader? - 6/17/2020 7:39:45 AM   
EuchreJack

I think the most important consideration is what is needed the most, but the Economics Counsel and Interior Counsel seem ideal to me because they require multiple skills in order to be successful. Maybe a short tenure as a Zone Governor first to pick up some of the skills, or at least a similar skill for skill group bonus? Especially if its early and you only have the capital zone.

I'd keep them OUT of the SHQ and OHQ, as those leaders can die in combat and the general advantage of those jobs is the wad of XP they'll be getting. The XP boost from being Capacity V means its not necessary to risk them that way.

(in reply to Jdane)
Post #: 4
RE: Where should you place a Capacity V leader? - 6/17/2020 8:26:19 AM   
Lovenought

SHQ can die? Really? I'm near turn 50 so any combat will be thousands of km away from the SHQ.

(in reply to EuchreJack)
Post #: 5
RE: Where should you place a Capacity V leader? - 6/17/2020 8:29:24 AM   
Nemo84

Some leaders like to lead from the front, it's one of their skill scores or so. If you place a leader like that in SHQ, there is still a small chance he'll personally join an attack and gets himself killed.

(in reply to Lovenought)
Post #: 6
RE: Where should you place a Capacity V leader? - 6/17/2020 8:42:48 AM   
Raagun

I started on a bit crappy map layout but realized I had Cap V governor with crazy stats. So bit the bullet and played anyway. Placed him in Economic Counsil. He had high int. And because it has 4 areas which all are very important early game. While military council only has 2. But like people said such leader will boost any area you assign him. So it is "strategic" decision :)
So I think director or SHQ should be place for Cap V leader, depending if his War or Int is higher. But I think director >> SHQ if int is sufficient.

(in reply to Lovenought)
Post #: 7
RE: Where should you place a Capacity V leader? - 6/17/2020 8:43:52 AM   
Naselus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jdane

It would depend on which is their higher stat among Intelligence, War or Charisma.

I've yet to grok this all, as some roles can benefit from more than one of these stats, but my rule of thumb for now is : Intelligence > technical or scientific, interior ; War > commanding officer, staff, spymaster ; Charisma > governor, foreign affairs. But a governor actually also needs Intelligence, and a spymaster would probably make good use of Charisma.

If his cap V leader is anything like my cap 5 leader, then it really doesn't matter - all his stats are about double those of my 'typical' leaders and he excels at pretty much everything. Even if he's in a job he's weaker at, he'll be significantly superior to any other contender for the job and will still pass more or less every roll he's called on to make.

I've got mine running the intelligence service and he quietly murders any leader who makes the mistake of letting their relations or loyalty fall under 70. I've not had any serious issues keeping the cabinet under my thumb since he was appointed, and also every spy card I play is doubled more or less by default; he has nearly +200 added to his espionage rolls.

The only thing I'm remotely worried about is whether he really works for me, or if the real relationship is that I'm just his figurehead puppet tbh.

(in reply to Jdane)
Post #: 8
RE: Where should you place a Capacity V leader? - 6/17/2020 9:03:37 AM   
Jdane

Fair enough.

(in reply to Naselus)
Post #: 9
RE: Where should you place a Capacity V leader? - 6/17/2020 9:04:15 AM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lovenought

SHQ can die? Really? I'm near turn 50 so any combat will be thousands of km away from the SHQ.

"Heroics" determines if they end up leading from the front. The chances are lower for SHQ leaders by nature of their job, but far from 0.

"Personal Combat" determines if they survive
"Lead from the Front" determines how well they support the troops.

(in reply to Lovenought)
Post #: 10
RE: Where should you place a Capacity V leader? - 6/17/2020 9:07:58 AM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Naselus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jdane

If his cap V leader is anything like my cap 5 leader, then it really doesn't matter - all his stats are about double those of my 'typical' leaders and he excels at pretty much everything. Even if he's in a job he's weaker at, he'll be significantly superior to any other contender for the job and will still pass more or less every roll he's called on to make.

I've got mine running the intelligence service and he quietly murders any leader who makes the mistake of letting their relations or loyalty fall under 70. I've not had any serious issues keeping the cabinet under my thumb since he was appointed, and also every spy card I play is doubled more or less by default; he has nearly +200 added to his espionage rolls.

The only thing I'm remotely worried about is whether he really works for me, or if the real relationship is that I'm just his figurehead puppet tbh.

If this was Crusader Kings, you would be right to be worried:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W846ZfnZu5U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2yU2eJURzk

(in reply to Naselus)
Post #: 11
RE: Where should you place a Capacity V leader? - 6/17/2020 9:40:15 AM   
seiSetill

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lovenought

I just had the good fortune to roll my first V leader, and now i'm wondering where you could best take advantage of that. As I understand it, you can basically place a V in any role and they will very rapidly become hyper-competent at it.

Perhaps a research roll? Model design, so all future models have amazing structural design? SHQ, to increase PP and BP?

As others have said, it depends on the leaders stat distribution. I've been evaluating positions by what has been a bottle neck for my empires. Every time, that was my combat or military research. With that said...

Assuming all stats are equal, I put mine on SHQ Commander. The bonuses you gain on every combat roll is overwhelming. A +300% on every attack is incredible. And it just keeps getting better the longer the game continues. Then you get the +xp artifact, and you're rolling cities with a few infantry.

A close second would be military research. Getting key attack + defense techs quickly and distributing them to your troops before your opponent, is incredibly powerful. Especially leaps in tech, such as laser weapons. In my current game, I've been waiting for Polymer Armor and Heavy Combat Armor to support my next timing attack. I could have done this much faster if I had a better military research leader.

After that, I'd considered applied science or interior. I love interior. Tax and tariffs all day, money not a problem. If it is, sell rare metal (thank you recycling centers). Suppress unrest great. Interior policy great for pop happiness, etc. For applied sci, conventional gun optimization.

I wouldn't consider economic council. In all of my games, I haven't found my civ bottle-necking because I was lacking economic tech. I'm usually far behind my econ tech research rate. Economic policies for private investment strategem is great. That's 2-3 buildings for a few pp. I'd put a cap 3 or 4 there with high science, high intelligence, and if possible inventor.

So many options.

(in reply to Lovenought)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Where should you place a Capacity V leader? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI