Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Any reason to wait?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> War Room >> Any reason to wait? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Any reason to wait? - 6/20/2020 12:48:36 AM   
Twotribes

Is there any reason to wait to attack neighboring cities? I usually attack right away on starting game.
Post #: 1
RE: Any reason to wait? - 6/20/2020 12:58:19 AM   
zgrssd

As long as you got the forces to overwhelm them?
The only reason could be a potential attack from another direction. You do have 360° to protect, after all.

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 2
RE: Any reason to wait? - 6/20/2020 1:00:45 AM   
Twotribes

Well one reason might be the leadership problem sometimes I don't get new leaders very quickly.

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 3
RE: Any reason to wait? - 6/20/2020 1:19:28 AM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Twotribes

Well one reason might be the leadership problem sometimes I don't get new leaders very quickly.

I do not quite get this argument.

The only time you need a leader with Conquest, is for the Governor Post. But when in doubt, even a bad and unhappy leader is better then no leader.

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 4
RE: Any reason to wait? - 6/20/2020 3:06:57 AM   
Malevolence

I vassal sometimes. I have limited experience withe game starts, but regimes seems to have an affinity or dislike right away. If you can vasaal, they make a decent meat shield while you strike out in another direction.

Nicht kleckern, sondern klotzen!

*Please remember all posts are made by a malevolent, autocratic despot whose rule is marked by unjust severity and arbitrary behavior. Your experiences may vary.

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 5
RE: Any reason to wait? - 6/20/2020 3:50:52 AM   
Twotribes

quote:

ORIGINAL: zgrssd

quote:

The only time you need a leader with Conquest, is for the Governor Post. But when in doubt, even a bad and unhappy leader is better then no leader.

You have to have leaders to assign them in one game by turn 15 I had still not gotten any new leaders.

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 6
RE: Any reason to wait? - 6/20/2020 3:59:53 AM   
Malevolence

15 turns? You have not received any Recruit Juniors stratagem cards (under the Nation tab) in 15 turns? No demands by a faction--within your regime--to take their candidate?

That sounds broken to me.

Sounds like a reason not to wait and restart a new game.

< Message edited by Malevolence -- 6/20/2020 5:28:00 AM >

Nicht kleckern, sondern klotzen!

*Please remember all posts are made by a malevolent, autocratic despot whose rule is marked by unjust severity and arbitrary behavior. Your experiences may vary.

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 7
RE: Any reason to wait? - 6/20/2020 11:42:01 AM   
zgrssd

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: zgrssd

quote:

You have to have leaders to assign them in one game by turn 15 I had still not gotten any new leaders.

Here is an idea:
Do not set the Supreme Command council to 0% Stratagem Generation or 0% Nation Budget!
Or do whatever else you are doing to break the game!

Then you get plenty of Recruit Junior and Recruit Merc Cards.

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 8
RE: Any reason to wait? - 6/20/2020 2:32:31 PM   
Twotribes

LOL I did not set SCC to 0 nor the budget to 0. Only happened in one game so law of averages applies.

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 9
RE: Any reason to wait? - 6/20/2020 5:39:09 PM   
L0ckAndL0ad

I may be a little unconventional here, but..

1) Because good people may be living there. The ones you can trade with. Your Traders can also deal with them. Import/Export of items gives you profits from sales and tariffs. This is happening behind the scenes, with Major regimes at least. Also scientific cooperation, but I have not yet tried it.
2) To avoid penalties if you have positive relations.
3) Waging war may be more expensive than making a victory pact/client state/annexation. Sometimes, especially at game start, you may be limited in your resources, so getting good relations may be more preferable. Also see #1.

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 10
RE: Any reason to wait? - 6/20/2020 5:44:12 PM   
Twotribes

The problem I have is it is VERY hard to get deals with my minors either because I have a crappy foreign council leader or because the minor is hostile. In 1.037b game I managed to turn 2 of 5 minors after LONG arduous process of covert ops to bring UP relations in one of the failed cases I had to declare war because of my factions demands and it cost because they really started to like me even with high scores to make friends.

(in reply to L0ckAndL0ad)
Post #: 11
RE: Any reason to wait? - 6/20/2020 5:47:41 PM   
L0ckAndL0ad

Yes, getting deals is hard. I found that another card is needed per each Diplo attempt - Shadow Diplomat. Similarly with Secret Service/Covert ops. There's also a Strategem that's called something like "Perform a miracle/Do the impossible" or something, but I've never tried it yet. Wonder if it can help getting a peace deal with Nomads instead of having to destroy them entirely.

< Message edited by L0ckAndL0ad -- 6/20/2020 5:48:50 PM >

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 12
RE: Any reason to wait? - 6/20/2020 6:25:40 PM   
zgrssd

If you go Meritocracy, the 1st Regime Feat is +40 to Diplomacy. The Diplomatic expansions make it (and the Foreign afair council in general) way more viable.

Naturally to get the full range of Diplomatic options, you need the Foreign affairs council. For wich you need a decent leader.
But again, Meritocracy is all about those good leaders!

(in reply to L0ckAndL0ad)
Post #: 13
RE: Any reason to wait? - 6/20/2020 7:01:07 PM   
Twotribes

Ya on creation I do enforcement meritocracy and mind.

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 14
RE: Any reason to wait? - 6/20/2020 9:17:18 PM   
Twotribes

Latest game started with 1.03beta8 is going great conquered one minor got 2 more to join me and can get a third or 4th as soon as I have roads in place and get one more card. By the way the join me card does not have a difficulty but does have a roll or rather none of the minors I have talked to had any difficulty.

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> War Room >> Any reason to wait? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI