Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

weird bug

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Tech Support >> weird bug Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
weird bug - 6/21/2020 12:36:27 AM   
gogopher

*this might be hard to explain*

have encountered a weird, non-critical, bug in current playthru using v1.03

-during dec. resolution, affecting various decisions

-when i resolve, for instance, a militia decision to incorporate merc into militia and thus raise exp of militia units...after picking choice screen flashes and nothing happens..can continue play as normal...HOWEVER...if i quit out and reload my manual start of turn save and then do the same decision with the same choice i get a popup stating militia exp went up 'x%'...can continue play as normal...and all other events/dec proceed as normal with their popups and such

i dont consider this critical since gameplay continues and on future turns the save/reload works as described above...

what i dont know is if the lack of popup means i just lost out on some info or if the dec i resolved didnt get applied (havent gotten annoyed enough to test it out..but have gotten annoyed enough and had it repeat enough to let u all know)

can provide save if needed

thx (friggin awesome game btw)
Post #: 1
RE: weird bug - 6/21/2020 9:58:49 AM   
Vic

If you have a save from which the lack of a popup can be repeated that would be great. Please send it to vic@vrdesigns.net

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to gogopher)
Post #: 2
RE: weird bug - 6/21/2020 11:21:50 AM   
gogopher

unfortunately the issue is only sort-of repeatable...the save i send u wont do the lack of popups when u load it...in fact loading a save fixes the issue for that turn...in future turns (the number of turns varies greatly..sometimes the next turn sometimes 10 turns later...sometimes something in between) it will happen but there is no rhyme or reason that i can discern as to when it will happen or why

let me know if u still want a save with the above in consideration

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 3
RE: weird bug - 6/21/2020 5:11:58 PM   
spork

I get the same, the decision selected is taken but the results not shown - I've checked the city the event happened in for example and unrest etc. has changed referencing the event. As gogopher said it doesn't seem to have any pattern to it that I've noticed but I'll see if I can keep a note of which decisions it happens to. When it does happen it makes the information sidebars and bottom bar go away. I've also had it happen when I click on the "Call" button on (as far as I can remember) zone governors, secretary, and model design bureau representative.

(in reply to gogopher)
Post #: 4
RE: weird bug - 6/21/2020 5:22:55 PM   
Vic

Thats interesting info.

So the decision result does not get shown but is implemented?

Remember there is also a decision logbook report

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to spork)
Post #: 5
RE: weird bug - 6/21/2020 5:40:36 PM   
gogopher

as spork described im experiencing exactly the same thing...but i have yet to discern a pattern nor have i been able to predict when or why it will happen...as i said i can send u a save but i cannot guarantee that u all will be able to replicate it...since it almost seems to happen every few turns randomly

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 6
RE: weird bug - 6/21/2020 5:47:20 PM   
gogopher

hmm tried to register at the sight u listed to send u save game files...nothing was ever sent to my email (still waiting on the email so i can finish registering)

nm clicked on wrong thing...sending files now (never did get an email to register at the site)

< Message edited by gogopher -- 6/21/2020 5:50:02 PM >

(in reply to gogopher)
Post #: 7
RE: weird bug - 6/21/2020 6:23:34 PM   
Destragon

Yeah, I also sometimes don't get confirmation popups after decisions.

Usually when it happens, it looks like the graphics for the left and right side bars disappear, as if they were collapsed.

This bug also seems to sometimes happen when you click on a leader's portrait to open up the information window on the leader. The popup doesn't come up, but the sidebar graphics disappear. I then need to click the leader again to actually bring up the popup.

(in reply to gogopher)
Post #: 8
RE: weird bug - 6/21/2020 6:38:48 PM   
spork

Oh yes it's when I click on the portrait, not the "Call" button, sorry.

Edit - this is with beta9.

And it just happened with the Call button on my economic council director - the side panels disappeared but the bottom one remained. The leader didn't pop up but the other dialog stayed, which is the Organisations panel in the Reports area. Strangely if I click in the areas outside the report (on blank hexes in this case) the side panels pop back in.

< Message edited by spork -- 6/21/2020 7:56:07 PM >

(in reply to Destragon)
Post #: 9
RE: weird bug - 6/21/2020 7:48:57 PM   
gogopher

happens almost everytime u click on unit model when researching new unit models from the Model Minister as well

(in reply to spork)
Post #: 10
RE: weird bug - 6/22/2020 8:59:13 AM   
Vic

It must be some prior actions or being in a specifc order mode that causes this.

If anybody can repeat this behaviour with a certain sequence from a savefile. Please send it to vic@vrdesigns.net
I would be extremely grateful.

best wishes,
Vic

(in reply to gogopher)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Tech Support >> weird bug Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI