Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Did you know?!?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> War Room >> Did you know?!? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Did you know?!? - 6/19/2020 2:53:23 AM   
Malevolence

Recommend a Did You Know community series of posts. Add likely missed or unknown QOL features you found.

To start...

Did you know clicking on your Regime Tag at the top left corner of the window moves the map to your capitol?

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Malevolence -- 6/19/2020 2:56:10 AM >

Nicht kleckern, sondern klotzen!

*Please remember all posts are made by a malevolent, autocratic despot whose rule is marked by unjust severity and arbitrary behavior. Your experiences may vary.
Post #: 1
RE: Did you know?!? - 6/19/2020 10:01:50 AM   
zgrssd

There is a number of nice hotkeys at 3.3.1.
The most important ones may be M (return to normal move/attack) and C (construction).

(in reply to Malevolence)
Post #: 2
RE: Did you know?!? - 6/19/2020 4:10:33 PM   
Munashe

I think L shows current logistic points, and P shows the logistic point preview. T for managing logistic flows. S and M for Strategic move and normal Move. Infantry on foot without ranged attacks get a -50% attack penalty, so it's probably not a good idea to attack with non-mechanized/motorized infantry unless the situation can make up for that penalty. The manual is full of very important information about the game, even though I haven't given it a full read through.

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 3
RE: Did you know?!? - 6/19/2020 4:34:56 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Munashe

I think L shows current logistic points, and P shows the logistic point preview. T for managing logistic flows. S and M for Strategic move and normal Move. Infantry on foot without ranged attacks get a -50% attack penalty, so it's probably not a good idea to attack with non-mechanized/motorized infantry unless the situation can make up for that penalty. The manual is full of very important information about the game, even though I haven't given it a full read through.

That penalty for Infantry only applies the first 2 combat rounds.
Mobile units suffer a less severe one, but most still suffer it.

(in reply to Munashe)
Post #: 4
RE: Did you know?!? - 6/21/2020 12:54:26 AM   
Malevolence

Did you know not every stratagem roll is the same? If you haven't used the card before, check the tooltips for more helpful information.

In this case, a retirement stratagem is a 1d20 roll. Many other rolls are 1d100 with modifiers.

Check the card's tooltip before you let your leader roll the dice.

< Message edited by Malevolence -- 6/21/2020 1:06:29 AM >

*Please remember all posts are made by a malevolent, autocratic despot whose rule is marked by unjust severity and arbitrary behavior. Your experiences may vary.

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 5
RE: Did you know?!? - 6/21/2020 1:00:17 AM   
Malevolence

Did you know it's not your roll? Whose roll is it anyway?

The skill of the roll relates to the skill of the leader making the roll. The player has no skills and essentially makes no rolls.

There are many stratagems and advisors that can be used before the player makes a decision to change the probability of success. Also, consider the skills of your leaders when selecting them for a job. Different circumstances may require different skills.

Decisions are real-time or archived. A real-time decision has an immediate effect. An archived decision can be changed.

Failed rolls still result in experience gained for the leader (i.e. roller) with respect to the target skill. Sometimes it's better to fail a roll in order to gain the experience and improve for next time.

< Message edited by Malevolence -- 6/21/2020 1:02:02 AM >

Post #: 6
RE: Did you know?!? - 6/21/2020 10:11:18 AM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Malevolence

Did you know not every stratagem roll is the same? If you haven't used the card before, check the tooltips for more helpful information.

In this case, a retirement stratagem is a 1d20 roll. Many other rolls are 1d100 with modifiers.

Check the card's tooltip before you let your leader roll the dice.

Retirement is somehwat unique here.
It rolls a D[twice the 50% Chance Seniority target] vs Leader Seniority level.

Did you know?
Beyond hte Zero Retirement (Plan), you only pay the price on success. And those version tend to reduce the targets Seniority on Failure, making them more succeptible for future retirement proposals.

Did you know?
If you go if you go Autocratic, your Secret Service Council will have a bunch of "kinda like Interior Council" Stratagems. Like Threathening leaders. Or shooting them.

Post #: 7
RE: Did you know?!? - 6/21/2020 11:20:43 AM   
GodwinW

Did you know? Units surrender even when not surrounded!
quote:

If a Subunits Morale is lower than 25 and Readiness is lower than 50 then there is a chance it capitulates.

Did you know? Units retreat to the opposite side (but only if they can enter the Hex if they would have had 100 AP) of the attack!

I must say, it's hard to know where to draw the line. There are loads of little things to know in this game :D
For example managing logistics use in % of the total of the SHQ under Unit Admin of the SHQ.
But also things like Strategic Move existing. The Letterbox to check on what your vidcom messages were and to see which minor regimes give you gifts (not stated elsewhere (probably in treasury overview I guess)). And I could continue a while :D

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 8
RE: Did you know?!? - 6/21/2020 11:24:57 AM   
GodwinW

quote:

ORIGINAL: MatthewVilter

quote:

ORIGINAL: Soar_Slitherine

When all the units involved in an attack are under the same OHQ, the concentric attack bonus is doubled.

OH WOW! That explains a lot...

That is really handy to know even outside of the context of just artillery. Should probably feature prominently in whatever set of beginner tips are being circulated.

Done :)

(in reply to GodwinW)
Post #: 9
RE: Did you know?!? - 6/21/2020 6:45:58 PM   
Malevolence

Did you know that you can see the benefits and penalties that modify each battle in more detail?

The estimation windows for the offensive side and defensive side provide specific details.

Each icon provide a tooltip with added information. Look at them closely before major engagements.

< Message edited by Malevolence -- 6/21/2020 6:46:22 PM >

(in reply to GodwinW)
Post #: 10
RE: Did you know?!? - 6/23/2020 11:13:36 AM   
Tonzint

Did you know that militia forces contribute to field testing?

Post #: 11
RE: Did you know?!? - 6/23/2020 11:29:05 AM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tonzint

Did you even know a majors milita (and their vassals/protectorates) get access to every Model that is at least 30 turns old?

(in reply to Tonzint)
Post #: 12
RE: Did you know?!? - 6/23/2020 1:07:51 PM   
cspringer1234

quote:

ORIGINAL: zgrssd

quote:

Did you even know a majors milita (and their vassals/protectorates) get access to every Model that is at least 30 turns old?

To only their own models, or yours?

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 13
RE: Did you know?!? - 6/23/2020 8:13:08 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: cspringer1234

quote:

quote:

To only their own models, or yours?

Your Militia is given access to your models.
And the Minors are given access to your models too.

At least, that is what the handbook says. But I already saw some confirming information in another players post.

(in reply to cspringer1234)
Post #: 14
RE: Did you know?!? - 6/26/2020 12:23:51 PM   
Tonzint

Instead of clicking you can use spacebar on some of the reports and VIDCOM mode to proceed.

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 15
RE: Did you know?!? - 7/4/2020 10:33:39 PM   
Raagun

You can send spies to non-aligned zones and scout them in one turn.

Maybe obvious to others. I only sent spies to regimes before :D

(in reply to Tonzint)
Post #: 16
RE: Did you know?!? - 7/12/2020 12:35:22 PM   
Malevolence

Did you know some events are stories that take place over multiple turns?

Check with your governors. These real-time decisions offer bonuses and regime/leader stat changes.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Malevolence -- 7/12/2020 12:36:59 PM >

(in reply to Raagun)
Post #: 17
RE: Did you know?!? - 7/12/2020 1:05:50 PM   
Twotribes

With AI I believe it goes until you fail a roll then it shuts down. Never seen sensai or monster I had an exotic Courtesan appear you select that from city too and a card appears to entice your male leaders for better relations.

Post #: 18
RE: Did you know?!? - 7/20/2020 11:13:56 AM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Twotribes

With AI I believe it goes until you fail a roll then it shuts down. Never seen sensai or monster I had an exotic Courtesan appear you select that from city too and a card appears to entice your male leaders for better relations.

AFAIK Sensei is tied to having a Gladiatoral School. Or maybe it was teh martial arts school asset?
It is a opportunity to recruit a skilled leader for Credits, IIRC.

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 19
RE: Did you know?!? - 7/20/2020 11:40:42 AM   
demiare

quote:

AFAIK Sensei is tied to having a Gladiatoral School. Or maybe it was teh martial arts school asset?

I get it from zone with Arena built and if I remember correctly - starting event mentioning arena too.

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 20
RE: Did you know?!? - 7/22/2020 7:08:49 PM   
Leslac

Did you know that if you're on a water poor planet with seas, you'll get a lot of gathered water by gaining access to a sea hex?

I started a new game with like 38 rainfall and no water income, started building a water mine, assimilated a sea hex. Next turn +5000 water. Ragequit XD (having spent all my money on water for the farms and machines for the water mine - we really need a turn 0 autosave!)

(in reply to demiare)
Post #: 21
RE: Did you know?!? - 7/22/2020 7:12:15 PM   
demiare

quote:

ORIGINAL: Leslac

Did you know that if you're on a water poor planet with seas, you'll get a lot of gathered water by gaining access to a sea hex?

Sorry to disappoint you, but page 199 of manual :P

(in reply to Leslac)
Post #: 22
RE: Did you know?!? - 7/22/2020 8:50:14 PM   
Malevolence

quote:

ORIGINAL: demiare

quote:

ORIGINAL: Leslac

Sorry to disappoint you, but page 199 of manual :P

Maybe elaborate, since you know what's on that page? ... about water extraction assets.

(in reply to demiare)
Post #: 23
RE: Did you know?!? - 8/4/2020 12:17:26 PM   
demiare

That "+% attack" modifiers are working on counter-attacks of defenders?

Post #: 24
RE: Did you know?!? - 12/2/2020 12:38:52 AM   
Maerchen

Did you know that if a skill reaches 20+, your leader gets the full attribute as a bonus and not percentage of x/20 attribute?

So skill 10 + INT 30 is a +25, but 20 + INT 30 is a +50. One argument to aim for high cap and high attribute leaders.

Edit: Typo remove

< Message edited by Maerchen -- 12/2/2020 12:40:56 AM >

The logistics hell this game is IS the fun part! - Maerchen, 2020

The good thing is, we have all the information in the reports. The bad thing is, we have all the information. Maerchen, 2020

Came for SE. Will stay for SE.

(in reply to demiare)
Post #: 25
RE: Did you know?!? - 12/3/2020 9:08:15 PM   
Protonic2020

Oh cripes, delete this comment. I spell bad as well, grammatical, and i had NOTHING to say i guess.

< Message edited by Protonic2020 -- 12/3/2020 9:13:04 PM >

Post #: 26
RE: Did you know?!? - 12/3/2020 10:06:23 PM   
bvoid

That if you have a leader with good oratory skill you can converse with "Mainframe AI" EVERY turn to discover a new tech?

(in reply to Protonic2020)
Post #: 27
RE: Did you know?!? - 12/4/2020 8:00:49 AM   
Maerchen

That there is an event chain like the Mainframe AI but witha Arena gladiator champion who sets up a dojo if you let him - takes 5 turns - orcan outright be hired as a Sensei at cap V with around 70s stats at 6-8k Cr.?

If you let him settle, you get a constant every 5 turn option to hire his gladiator at 600-800 Cr at cap IV with intimidate, personal combat, infantry tactics and some randoms kills at 60+ and perfect future OHQ commanders?

The logistics hell this game is IS the fun part! - Maerchen, 2020

The good thing is, we have all the information in the reports. The bad thing is, we have all the information. Maerchen, 2020

Came for SE. Will stay for SE.

(in reply to bvoid)
Post #: 28
RE: Did you know?!? - 12/30/2020 2:49:38 AM   
newageofpower

What does the Monster governor event do?

I've also encountered Dr. Frankenstein, is it related to the Monster event?

(in reply to Maerchen)
Post #: 29
RE: Did you know?!? - 12/30/2020 11:30:49 AM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: newageofpower

What does the Monster governor event do?

I've also encountered Dr. Frankenstein, is it related to the Monster event?

This thread is for details that we are not sure other people knew.
Not for actuall questions.

(in reply to newageofpower)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> War Room >> Did you know?!? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI