Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How to make major regimes surrender?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> How to make major regimes surrender? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to make major regimes surrender? - 6/22/2020 11:12:26 PM   
btonasse

After you take their only city and beats their increasingly out of supply troops more and more it becomes really annoying having to chase down every single unit for the war to be 'won'. Is there a way to trigger a surrender?
Post #: 1
RE: How to make major regimes surrender? - 6/22/2020 11:25:43 PM   
LordAldrich

I suspect the answer is "no". For what it's worth major regime troops do actually obey supply rules, so any remaining units will starve and disband over a few turns.

(in reply to btonasse)
Post #: 2
RE: How to make major regimes surrender? - 6/22/2020 11:32:01 PM   
cspringer1234

quote:

ORIGINAL: LordAldrich

I suspect the answer is "no". For what it's worth major regime troops do actually obey supply rules, so any remaining units will starve and disband over a few turns.

Do they starve and die honorably, or do they waltz all over you supply lines and cause danger in your zone? I think they should become rebels or free marauders.

(in reply to LordAldrich)
Post #: 3
RE: How to make major regimes surrender? - 6/23/2020 2:47:45 AM   
lloydster4

Stragglers aren't much of a threat. Within a few turns they are dying from starvation and their combat readiness is non-existent.

If they became rebels or freemen, then they wouldn't need supplies. It would make more sense narratively, but in practice would make them much more dangerous.

(in reply to cspringer1234)
Post #: 4
RE: How to make major regimes surrender? - 6/23/2020 4:03:35 AM   
ramnblam

Once you've taken their cities they are effectively finished. You will have to do a little bit of mopping up but after a few turns they die off.

(in reply to lloydster4)
Post #: 5
RE: How to make major regimes surrender? - 6/23/2020 6:25:56 AM   
Tomn

The main annoying thing for me is that taking a major's last city means their entire territory has become an unzoned land of wonder and mystery. Efficient spies previously keeping good tabs on events simultaneously take a grand vacation. The remnant territories become a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma until your troops get around to marching up to every last scrap of territory to say "Yep, pretty sure there's nothing here."

(in reply to ramnblam)
Post #: 6
RE: How to make major regimes surrender? - 6/23/2020 8:11:51 AM   
jimwinsor

And even when you take the last hex of a major, it stays in the game. You stay at war with it, and other countries as well. Including minors, which means you can’t get a protectorate on the minor..

Streaming as "Grognerd" at https://www.twitch.tv/grognerd

(in reply to Tomn)
Post #: 7
RE: How to make major regimes surrender? - 6/23/2020 8:47:02 AM   
Leslac

quote:

ORIGINAL: jimwinsor

And even when you take the last hex of a major, it stays in the game. You stay at war with it, and other countries as well. Including minors, which means you can’t get a protectorate on the minor..

I was hoping this wouldn't be the case. This really needs to be fixed...

I'm currently bordering two minors I'm at peace with, after having eliminated the major they were at war with. But I can't do anything with them, no protectorates, client states - nothing. They're still set as being at war with an "unknown major".
Their other neighbours are all unzoned land, so no major nearby...

(in reply to jimwinsor)
Post #: 8
RE: How to make major regimes surrender? - 6/23/2020 10:33:43 AM   
Kamelpov

Well you don't usually care you just need to purge the last resistance.

(in reply to Leslac)
Post #: 9
RE: How to make major regimes surrender? - 6/23/2020 2:51:38 PM   
cspringer1234

quote:

ORIGINAL: lloydster4

Stragglers aren't much of a threat. Within a few turns they are dying from starvation and their combat readiness is non-existent.

If they became rebels or freemen, then they wouldn't need supplies. It would make more sense narratively, but in practice would make them much more dangerous.

Yes, more dangerous! And it makes sense for the narrative. Maybe they could just dissolve into the surrounding freeman hexes. Of course, I want those freeman hexes to not have recon on them anymore, so they might be easy additions to the empire, or have large quantities of freemen marauders.

(in reply to lloydster4)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> How to make major regimes surrender? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI