Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How to build Replacement Troops?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> How to build Replacement Troops? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to build Replacement Troops? - 6/23/2020 3:00:51 PM   
AlbertN

Greetings,

It seems I cannot build Replacement Troops. There is a dedicated button, but when I get there to the 'Produce' button - that one is grayed and refers to some slider that should not be at 0.

I am clueless of where this Slider is.

Admittedly I'd truly appreciate a Tutorial in game, as it is now, the game is hardly playable from my perspective when I need to spend lots of time to find what I need around - IF - I manage to find it.
Post #: 1
RE: How to build Replacement Troops? - 6/23/2020 3:45:04 PM   
Jdane

Providing a screen capture could have proven useful.

Did you call the Repl. Troops order from a front line unit, by any chance ?
If that's the case, it very well might be that you didn't have enough logistical points left to ferry the replacements from the SHQ where they are produced to the actual unit. (Because the initial allotment of logistical points has been consumed while sending supplies for example.)

A more sure proof way would be to call the Repl. Troops order from the SHQ and produce the troops there. Then, while the end of turn calculations are processed, the SHQ will try and send replacements to the units which made a request for it. You'll obviously have to ensure the logistics are up to the task.

Admittedly, there's a significant learning curve. Perusing chapter 4 of the manual, and browsing through the GUI following its description in chapter 3 are the next best thing to a tutorial. And there's also Das Tactics' video tutorials series on a famous video sharing platform. Even if you don't watch the entirety of it, there's a short section in the beginning of each called « Rule of thumb » that can at least get you started on a topic.

(in reply to AlbertN)
Post #: 2
RE: How to build Replacement Troops? - 6/23/2020 3:47:53 PM   
Munashe

If you don't have the resources to produce at least one of the model you selected, the slider won't show up. Does that solve your problem?

(in reply to AlbertN)
Post #: 3
RE: How to build Replacement Troops? - 6/23/2020 4:29:11 PM   
AlbertN

I've the resources.
The SHQ can produce them BUT they just go ... where?

If I try to produce on the individual units - despite having the resources it seems I cannot produce any.

(in reply to Munashe)
Post #: 4
RE: How to build Replacement Troops? - 6/23/2020 4:33:08 PM   
76mm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cohen_slith
The SHQ can produce them BUT they just go ... where?

If I try to produce on the individual units - despite having the resources it seems I cannot produce any.

When you first produce them, they go to SHQ, were they will be used as replacement for losses.

To create a new unit, you need to go to the "Raise Formation" screen, where additional resources are necessary, perhaps you don't have enough of those?

(in reply to AlbertN)
Post #: 5
RE: How to build Replacement Troops? - 6/23/2020 4:42:23 PM   
Jdane

Please try and show us a picture, in order to allow us to try and better help.

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 6
RE: How to build Replacement Troops? - 6/23/2020 5:08:59 PM   
AlbertN

Here is the picture!
That troops is 2 hexes away from the capital!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Jdane)
Post #: 7
RE: How to build Replacement Troops? - 6/23/2020 5:29:50 PM   
Jdane

What does the Current Points logistics map filter say about that hex?
Because according to the text, there seem to be 0 logistics points available there.
(« Maximum production is 0 due to limited amount of 0 Logistical Points available. »)
It looks like there were not enough Logistical Points allotted there to have any left when it came to try and send troops there.

< Message edited by Jdane -- 6/23/2020 5:30:15 PM >

(in reply to AlbertN)
Post #: 8
RE: How to build Replacement Troops? - 6/23/2020 8:41:51 PM   
W8taminute

Which means he's got a hex selected out in the middle of nowhere. Try selecting the capital city, or the city where the SHQ is located, and perform the 'Replace Troops' command again.

Edit: I just noticed in his screenshot that the hex he has selected is indeed not in the city where the SHQ is located. There also doesn't seem to be any 'current' logistic points available there.

< Message edited by W8taminute -- 6/23/2020 8:43:18 PM >

Forgive me my old friend...but I must use all my experience, to get home.

(in reply to Jdane)
Post #: 9
RE: How to build Replacement Troops? - 6/23/2020 10:59:29 PM   
zgrssd

Do not use the lower replace button. It does not work. I have no idea what it is even supposed to do. I think it may only work on the OHQ, but I am not even sure it works then.

Use the upper one, just under "1st SHQ". Repalcements will appear in teh SHQ and get to units using the Logistics System

< Message edited by zgrssd -- 6/23/2020 11:01:06 PM >

(in reply to W8taminute)
Post #: 10
RE: How to build Replacement Troops? - 6/23/2020 11:05:06 PM   
Twotribes

Ok he is trying to produce troops in a single unit, as I understand it you can not do that, you must recruit from cities then build troops in SHQ and then they transfer to understrength units if with in the logisitic network.

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> How to build Replacement Troops? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI