Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Supply Lines

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Supply Lines Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Supply Lines - 6/24/2020 3:17:12 PM   
trutyjoh

HEllo all;
It may be just me (an OLD board gamer before recorded history of AH), but I find the supply rules a bit obtuse. So I thought to ask questions in the forum figuring that the most experienced are here. Also I thought to search before asking a question but I have found the search engine less than helpful.... so what am I doing wrong?

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Supply Lines - 6/24/2020 4:42:29 PM   
Hellen_slith

Sometimes I like to use the old help files. They are (on my machine) in this path:

c:\Program Files (x86)\Matrix Games\The Operational Art of War IV\opart cw help

if you open that file by double-clicking it, it give your the old files, that I find easier to read sometimes. Example from my search of that file is shown below. There was also, if I remember, a tutorial about supply on here somewhere, but I can't find it at the moment

I am in the process of printing that section of these help files, next post will give the link to pdf

Attachment (1)

(in reply to trutyjoh)
Post #: 2
RE: Supply Lines - 6/24/2020 4:45:30 PM   
Lobster

quote:

ORIGINAL: trutyjoh

Also I thought to search before asking a question but I have found the search engine less than helpful.... so what am I doing wrong?

The forums search engine is broken. When the forums are migrated to a different...uhm...forums thingy, they are supposed to be fixed.

The official, 'the search engine is broken' blurb:
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4839422

http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.

(in reply to trutyjoh)
Post #: 3
RE: Supply Lines - 6/24/2020 4:46:22 PM   
Hellen_slith

I printed that section of the old Supply help file, will add more as I print them

These two pages are the basics of supply (pdf will open in new window)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g5hjcGmcP9DQ4arXuwGl9E0u7Ro_nvv7/view?usp=sharing

(in reply to Hellen_slith)
Post #: 4
RE: Supply Lines - 6/24/2020 5:44:36 PM   
MikeJ19

In June 2018, I did a post looking at supply. I posted the thread in the war room. However, it is very difficult to find it now. When I did it, I created a document - it is about 9MB, so I do not think I can share it. If someone is interested, I can look at how to share it.

All the best,

Mike

Retired Gunner

(in reply to Hellen_slith)
Post #: 5
RE: Supply Lines - 6/25/2020 1:56:53 AM   
Hellen_slith

I would note, that in that file I posted, it says,

"If the unit cannot trace this supply line, its supply level will drop by an amount
equal to the number of half days in a turn."

I can attest that this does not happen for me (not sure if that is because of new supply rules, or something else)
but I see several units in my Russo-German scene receiving supply (albeit very slowly) even though they cannot possibly trace that "line of communication" (they are deep behind enemy lines, but still getting some supply--by air? from their hex? A quirk in the scenario design? Not sure.)

Seems like they usually go from, say 7% supply, to about 23% over the course of about 10 turns--not moving, not digging, just stationery. Stationary? Not moving. Maybe that a rule for old ACoW and different now in TOAWIV?

(in reply to trutyjoh)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Supply Lines Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI