Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Shadow Empire v1.03 is available

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Shadow Empire v1.03 is available Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Shadow Empire v1.03 is available - 6/12/2020 4:37:33 PM   
Shards

Hi!

Vic has turned around another update. You can download the update by either clicking the Check for Update button on the launcher or downloading it from your My Page (https://www.matrixgames.com/member/downloads/shadow-empire)

Details:

-Blocked AI from making double construction (for good now, v102-beta2 didn’t quite do the job yet)
-Double checking if AI is making a valid construction choice added
-Double checking if Private Economy is making double construction (Farm/Mine) added
-AI will now take the hint if a Dip Stratagem didn’t work on another AI and take a pause trying to improve relations*
-Overall the AI should be less schizophrenic (which it was in some cases) concerning what kind of relations it wants.*
-Reduced the ideal size of army and workforce for the AI in the mid to late game, but only on Beginner level. It was a bit too challenging now after all the AI improvements over the last month.
-Fixed a rare crash with opening the Management Window
-Added some protection code to prevent a rare crash with the Management Window
-Right click in cinematics no longer allowed. Fixes skipping through initial questions possibility
-Fixed disappearing Resource icon glitch on Hex after conquest (by Minor with no Zone).
-Fine-tuned the 9 “Call To X” Stratagems. Their effects are now maximized to avoid too big results in large AI Zones.*
-Fixed faulty Tech Level 4 + Initial Armies start concerning the Rocket Launcher unit which the game tried to give but was not available due to lack of the relevant Model. Is now an Independent Artillery that is given.
-Fixed glitch with buggy new Faction names (“-1”) also for running games
-Fixed possibility to go through rebel units with strategic transfer
-Fixed a logistics point cost glitch with Raise Formation and some others
-Fixed empty response on choosing “No change” when discussing the different Cults
-Added a protection for a weird crash in the Items tab (due to a Zone with no City)
-Private Construction (credits only) will no longer depend on LIS connection (production after construction will)
-Private Asset if still in connection with City, but no LIS, will only suffer half the lack of LIS penalty (Public Assets suffer full penalty)
-Mining Level had a glitch with production. Fixed. Expect some lower income in lower ease-of-mining-level mines.
-Strategic Map no longer shows depleted Resource Hexes
-Strategic Map now differentiates between unexploited and exploited Resource Hexes
-Have been phasing out the usage of the term “LIS” and replaced it by “Logistical Points”
-Fixed that famous map displacement glitch (after combat)
-Fixed some very minor glitch in Logistics calculations
-In the Logistics layer Initial and Current Points parts of roads between 2 nodes that have lower Logistical Points than both nodes will be highlighted in yellow and points shown as well
-Blocked AI from making double builds (problem caused with v1.01-betas)
-Fixed the actual cost of Railroad construction which was still on old high level and causing huge depletion of resources. (problem caused with v1.01-betas)
-Fixed glitch with the maximum stack points not being increased with concentric attacks
-Fixed glitch with the “REPLACE / MASS REPLACE” button not being available
-Tracked a rare glitch with a Rebel Regime founding a new Minor Regime and its Units not being properly transferred potentially causing weird non-friendly Units on your Hexes. Fixed now. Any such occasions remaining in your current game will be cleaned up by this patch as well.
-Corporate Taxes were actually being paid, but NOT being logged in the Corporate Report. Now they will show up there as well.
-Removed Obsolete Models from the Replacement Troops window
-Increased the cost of the Ancient Archive Fate Stratagem from 2 FP to 4 FP *
-Decreased the cost for the Chemical Team and Drone Team Fate Stratagems *
-Ancient Archive and other random Tech picks are now limited to Tech Groups you have access too. I am sorry some people liked this, but it was really more overpowered than intended.
-Propose Peace now possible from Relation 25 (was 35) *
-Returned ability of AI to give Credits but limited its repetition potential *
-Added the “Ouverture” Diplomatic Stratagem which you can use to increase Relation with power you are at war with. Difficulty is easy when the Regime in question doesn’t like to continue the war. *
-Fixed another AI crash
-Did extra QA work on AI Diplomatic Stratagem usage with Humans as well as other AIs*
-Fixed a crash during BG transfer in a very specific case (for good this time)
-Only Monitor Tank can use Tactical Nuke*

*=requires a new game start to go into effect

< Message edited by AlbertoC -- 6/29/2020 12:50:33 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Shadow Empire v1.03 is available - 6/12/2020 5:01:34 PM   
Frostwave

I'm embarrassed to admit I have been hitting f5 today hoping a new patch was dropping so I could start a new game since I lost my last game and didn't want to start a new one since I had a feeling a patch was on the horizon :)

(in reply to Shards)
Post #: 2
RE: Shadow Empire v1.03 is available - 6/12/2020 5:04:45 PM   
eddieballgame

By the time this game gets to 'Steam', 'Overwhelmingly Positive' reviews will be the norm.

(in reply to Shards)
Post #: 3
RE: Shadow Empire v1.03 is available - 6/12/2020 5:09:57 PM   
Saros

This looks like the 1.02 Beta3 changelist to me, is there any point updating from that to 1.03?

(in reply to eddieballgame)
Post #: 4
RE: Shadow Empire v1.03 is available - 6/12/2020 5:36:14 PM   
Shards

quote:

ORIGINAL: Saros

This looks like the 1.02 Beta3 changelist to me, is there any point updating from that to 1.03?

It might make it easier to have this shared base for when Vic releases the inevitable 1.03-beta1? :)

(in reply to Saros)
Post #: 5
RE: Shadow Empire v1.03 is available - 6/12/2020 6:45:29 PM   
Saros

Okay well you cant update from 1.02 beta 3 to 1.03 anyway because the installer refuses to recogise it as a valid version to update from.

[e] You have to roll back to the official 1.02 update then patch from that.

< Message edited by Saros -- 6/12/2020 6:47:39 PM >

(in reply to Shards)
Post #: 6
RE: Shadow Empire v1.03 is available - 6/12/2020 6:54:18 PM   
eddieballgame

Considering how small the 'beta patches' have been, I have been saving the original files & replacing them with the 'beta files'.
When a new official patch shows up, I simply replace the old 'beta files' with the originals & apply the new official patch.

(in reply to Saros)
Post #: 7
RE: Shadow Empire v1.03 is available - 6/12/2020 7:01:37 PM   
Templer_12

quote:

ORIGINAL: eddieballgame

By the time this game gets to 'Steam', 'Overwhelmingly Positive' reviews will be the norm.

Dreamer!

Post #: 8
RE: Shadow Empire v1.03 is available - 6/12/2020 7:32:15 PM   
willgamer

quote:

Okay well you cant update from 1.02 beta 3 to 1.03 anyway because the installer refuses to recogise it as a valid version to update from.

If you use the link to d/l directly the installer works.

Rex Lex or Lex Rex?

(in reply to Saros)
Post #: 9
RE: Shadow Empire v1.03 is available - 6/12/2020 7:57:02 PM   
Malevolence

Really dislike these slitherine installers. It seems much less cumbersome to unzip directly into the install directory.

The game will not run without a serialreg.txt, so you don't gain any copy protection by requiring the installer.

The installers could be helpful, but they are not as designed now.

< Message edited by Malevolence -- 6/12/2020 8:02:06 PM >

Nicht kleckern, sondern klotzen!

*Please remember all posts are made by a malevolent, autocratic despot whose rule is marked by unjust severity and arbitrary behavior. Your experiences may vary.

(in reply to willgamer)
Post #: 10
RE: Shadow Empire v1.03 is available - 6/12/2020 10:06:14 PM   
jpwrunyan

"Have been phasing out the usage of the term “LIS” and replaced it by “Logistical Points”"

Thank you. This will be so much kinder to new players.

(in reply to Malevolence)
Post #: 11
RE: Shadow Empire v1.03 is available - 6/12/2020 10:24:11 PM   
springel

quote:

That was not my experience. The updater did go from 1.02-beta3 to 1.03 on my installation.

(in reply to Saros)
Post #: 12
RE: Shadow Empire v1.03 is available - 6/12/2020 11:40:43 PM   
springel

Strangely enough, on the dashboard it tells me now:
Version #17
Game Build: v 1.03
Scenario Build Version: v1.01a-beta1
Last Game Build used: 103-beta1

(in reply to springel)
Post #: 13
RE: Shadow Empire v1.03 is available - 6/13/2020 1:26:01 AM   
eddieballgame

quote:

ORIGINAL: springel

Strangely enough, on the dashboard it tells me now:
Version #17
Scenario Build Version: v1.01a-beta1
Last Game Build used: 103-beta1

Interesting, mine is;

Scenario Build Version: v1.03
Last Game Build used: 103
Version #25

I wonder if this could/would affect multiplayer via email.
One thing I do per the 'beta patches; I have been saving the original files & replacing them with the 'beta files'.
When a new official patch shows up, I simply replace the 'beta files' with the originals & then apply the new official patch.

< Message edited by eddieballgame -- 6/13/2020 1:27:29 AM >

(in reply to springel)
Post #: 14
RE: Shadow Empire v1.03 is available - 6/13/2020 3:06:48 PM   
The Gnome

I can't get to the download through the link provided, my username and password doesn't work. The auto-updater doesn't work either. What are my options?

Post #: 15
RE: Shadow Empire v1.03 is available - 6/13/2020 3:08:44 PM   
YohanTM2

Hi, getting an FTP file error when trying to download

(in reply to The Gnome)
Post #: 16
RE: Shadow Empire v1.03 is available - 6/13/2020 4:01:09 PM   
The Gnome

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Gnome

I can't get to the download through the link provided, my username and password doesn't work. The auto-updater doesn't work either. What are my options?

For anyone else in my shoe's, I was able to derive the download link from the posted link to version 1.02:

http://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/ShadowEmpire/ShadowEmpire-UpdateComp-v01.03.00.zip

(in reply to The Gnome)
Post #: 17
RE: Shadow Empire v1.03 is available - 6/14/2020 12:08:34 AM   
Tagman

The release cycle from beta -> productive system is incredible. Keep up the good work devs!
Really loving Shadow Empire so far.

(in reply to The Gnome)
Post #: 18
RE: Shadow Empire v1.03 is available - 6/14/2020 1:42:41 AM   
gogopher

updater no longer works...i used the updater located withing game directory to DL the 1.02 patch...after that all updater attempts failed...had to manually DL and instal update 1.03...no idea what is going on

(in reply to Tagman)
Post #: 19
RE: Shadow Empire v1.03 is available - 6/14/2020 4:58:22 PM   
Primarchx

quote:

This is dumb. Updates should be comprehensive and not require you to step along with sequential updaters.

(in reply to Saros)
Post #: 20
RE: Shadow Empire v1.03 is available - 6/14/2020 8:12:04 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Primarchx

quote:

This is dumb. Updates should be comprehensive and not require you to step along with sequential updaters.

I would just log in and download the 1.03 installer.

The only issues I had was 1.01->1.02, due to a bug in the Updater.

(in reply to Primarchx)
Post #: 21
RE: Shadow Empire v1.03 is available - 6/14/2020 9:59:56 PM   
YohanTM2

installer still not working, same FTP file error

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 22
RE: Shadow Empire v1.03 is available - 6/15/2020 10:47:51 AM   
CustoV131

No luck with downloading it through the launcher.

Installed 1.02 manually as was advised. Hoped it would work with the launcher in the future. No such luck.

Error: Update information for Shadow Empire could not be downloaded. Please contact Matrix Games for help.

Having to manually check for patches is messy. Started a game that I could have started with the patch changes, but now that will have to wait for my next game. Bit annoyed at that. I realize why you have the ad space, but a new patch notification would be welcome.

Manually updated to 1.03. That works well. Tried launcher to check for patch after the update: Keep having the same error. Seems to run into problems when it tries to create a handle.

< Message edited by CustoV131 -- 6/15/2020 6:24:59 PM >

(in reply to YohanTM2)
Post #: 23
RE: Shadow Empire v1.03 is available - 6/15/2020 5:58:31 PM   
rhah

I get error message with the launcher. If I download manually will I be able to start a new game with 1.03?

(in reply to CustoV131)
Post #: 24
RE: Shadow Empire v1.03 is available - 6/15/2020 6:22:57 PM   
Tssha

Manual download should work fine. Hopefully they can track down the issue with the updater, you are far from alone in suffering from that.

(in reply to rhah)
Post #: 25
RE: Shadow Empire v1.03 is available - 6/15/2020 8:25:42 PM   
rhah

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tssha

Manual download should work fine. Hopefully they can track down the issue with the updater, you are far from alone in suffering from that.

Thanks!

(in reply to Tssha)
Post #: 26
RE: Shadow Empire v1.03 is available - 6/16/2020 1:40:31 AM   
Dubba

Where exactly do we put the update once it's unzipped? Still doesn't seem to work when I manually do it?

(in reply to Shards)
Post #: 27
RE: Shadow Empire v1.03 is available - 6/17/2020 3:17:52 PM   
rhah

I tried today with the launcher and everything worked just fine! Now running 1.03.00. Thanks for fixing this. After 50+ hours in this game, I remain mesmerized. It really takes strategy games to another level. Not only wargames or 4X but strategy games in general.

(in reply to Dubba)
Post #: 28
RE: Shadow Empire v1.03 is available - 6/26/2020 12:27:12 AM   
Happycat

Come on...it's 2020 folks. Why is it not possible to use the game launcher on a brand new product which I just purchased yesterday, to update to version 1.03? I never participated in any beta versions, so it's not an "updating from beta 1.02 issue". I know I can download manually and all that stuff but seriously...why?

Chance favours the prepared mind

(in reply to rhah)
Post #: 29
RE: Shadow Empire v1.03 is available - 6/26/2020 3:28:45 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Happycat

Come on...it's 2020 folks. Why is it not possible to use the game launcher on a brand new product which I just purchased yesterday, to update to version 1.03? I never participated in any beta versions, so it's not an "updating from beta 1.02 issue". I know I can download manually and all that stuff but seriously...why?

1.01 Updater was bugged.
1.02 Updater works fine.
Also please give a error report better then "does not work". That one has never been sufficient.

(in reply to Happycat)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Shadow Empire v1.03 is available Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI