Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Stuck Replacements and Bottlenecks.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Stuck Replacements and Bottlenecks. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Stuck Replacements and Bottlenecks. - 6/26/2020 3:36:41 PM   
TheStoneDog

I have recently noticed that my armies (2 and 3, look at the linked pictures) aren't receiving any replacements from the SHQ (1), even though they're practically on a road, linked to my logistical network and with abundant remaining logistical points.
I check the supply panel of my SHQ, and it seems that I don't have enough logisitcal points for Zone>SHQ requests.

ibb.co/cvWFb15

I then check the bottleneck overlay (first time I do...), and the situation looks dire.

ibb.co/2F1YfDm

What the hell is happening? I have eight cities/zones, and I've recently upped the production of each of them. Am I producing too much for my logistical network to handle?
Why do the Zone>SHQ transfers use all (?) of my logistical capability even though I've put its usage to 0%?
Most importantly, how can I fix it? More truck stations inbetween? Bigger ones? Did I completely cock up my networking?

I realize my issue is similar to many other topics, but I didn't want to hijack anyone's thread.

EDIT: sorry for the broken links, but I'm too new to post working ones. Just copy-paste them in your browser.

< Message edited by TheStoneDog -- 6/26/2020 3:37:37 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Stuck Replacements and Bottlenecks. - 6/26/2020 4:34:47 PM   
Falke

Increase the size of the stations- Zone > SHQ is not currently 0 (the 1779 is the permitted amount), it will also use any permitted spare capacity from the previous steps.

Short term reduce the amount flowing through green connections to boost the amounts going to red portions

(in reply to TheStoneDog)
Post #: 2
RE: Stuck Replacements and Bottlenecks. - 6/26/2020 6:17:26 PM   
zgrssd

Hopefully I can link the images:
https://ibb.co/cvWFb15

https://ibb.co/2F1YfDm

The bottleneck is around your SHQ. The first 2 Hexes have such bad logistics, they are black in the bottleneck display. They limit everything else. But the rightmsot line has a short segment of red too.

Based on the figures i guess you got ~6000 Logisics Capacity in the SHQ city. Wich is too little
By the time it actually got to reinforcements, there was no unbroken chain of 5 units of supply left between the SHQ and the Units.
If there is still logistics left after the Replacements, the game does another pass over the previous things, this time ignoring the limits.

< Message edited by zgrssd -- 6/26/2020 6:22:11 PM >

(in reply to Falke)
Post #: 3
RE: Stuck Replacements and Bottlenecks. - 6/26/2020 7:24:57 PM   
W8taminute

So using his example from either of the screen shots, if we look at Logistics Usage I see that under SHQ > Units 2658 points were used to send supplies to units. However only 2371 units of logistics points were allocated. Because SHQ > Units used more than what was allocated it subtracted the difference from what is allocated for Zone > SHQ. Is that a true statement?

Forgive me my old friend...but I must use all my experience, to get home.

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 4
RE: Stuck Replacements and Bottlenecks. - 6/26/2020 7:35:57 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: W8taminute

So using his example from either of the screen shots, if we look at Logistics Usage I see that under SHQ > Units 2658 points were used to send supplies to units. However only 2371 units of logistics points were allocated. Because SHQ > Units used more than what was allocated it subtracted the difference from what is allocated for Zone > SHQ. Is that a true statement?

Nope.

First it delivered to units up to that limit. Then it went on with the other points:
Zone Retreival
Reinforcements

As it still had logistics points left after Reinforcements, it went and started from the top, this time ignoring the limits.
At no point did any part of the chain take any logistics from the following ones.
Everything used past their limit, was leftovers after the Reinforcement step.

< Message edited by zgrssd -- 6/26/2020 7:38:31 PM >

(in reply to W8taminute)
Post #: 5
RE: Stuck Replacements and Bottlenecks. - 6/26/2020 11:02:36 PM   
TheStoneDog

So, I fiddled with road blocks and managed to ameliorate the situation somewhat. I'm not exactly sure why, though.
What is the bottleneck overlay actually showing? How much logistical capacity in a specific hex is being actually used by transfers?

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 6
RE: Stuck Replacements and Bottlenecks. - 6/26/2020 11:22:18 PM   
Twotribes

I don't understand blockage at all.

Post #: 7
RE: Stuck Replacements and Bottlenecks. - 6/27/2020 12:45:58 AM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheStoneDog

So, I fiddled with road blocks and managed to ameliorate the situation somewhat. I'm not exactly sure why, though.
What is the bottleneck overlay actually showing? How much logistical capacity in a specific hex is being actually used by transfers?

- by default the split is equal at all branching points. But a lof of the points do not need like 1/8th of your SHQ's Logistics emission. that is how Roadblocks help.
- the bottleneck overlay shows you where most to all of the Logistics have been used up just with the SHQ doing it's work. Aka, where you got the bottlenecks. Keep in mind that some of hte Logistics from other Truck Stops will go towards the SHQ as well. That is why usually the hexes closest to the city are a bottleneck - they get the least extra Logistics from outside the city.
- however much there is avalible. If oyu want to move a Unit of Infantry (5 Logistics each), you need and use up 5 Logistics on every hex between the SHQ and the target unit. If any Hex runs out, nothing else can be send to that unit on the other end

< Message edited by zgrssd -- 6/27/2020 12:47:06 AM >

Post #: 8
RE: Stuck Replacements and Bottlenecks. - 6/27/2020 9:20:22 PM   
jpwrunyan

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheStoneDog
I realize my issue is similar to many other topics, but I didn't want to hijack anyone's thread.

Thank you for posting your question with the pictures. This actually really helped me *finally* understand the logistics system even after asking many questions here myself. The angle provided in your example somehow did the trick. Appreciate it!

Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Stuck Replacements and Bottlenecks. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI