Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Air Supply - Fuel, REDUCES MP???!?!?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> Air Supply - Fuel, REDUCES MP???!?!? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Air Supply - Fuel, REDUCES MP???!?!? - 6/26/2020 8:34:46 PM   
CJM

I have checked [16.3.4. AIR TRANSPORT OF SUPPLIES AND FUEL] and searched the rule book to no avail. I have a question as this has happened to me several times when supplying my motorized spearheads by air.

Each time I have supplied a unit with fuel by air, its MP allowance DROPS. Is that a normal part of the game?

The Wehrmacht that set out to conquer Russia in 1941 was a poor army with strictly limited resources.
- Supplying War (1977)
Post #: 1
RE: Air Supply - Fuel, REDUCES MP???!?!? - 6/26/2020 8:51:50 PM   
eskuche

I’m 100% it’s documented that it reduces by 1/7 of the maximum MP allowance. Maybe not in that section.

(in reply to CJM)
Post #: 2
RE: Air Supply - Fuel, REDUCES MP???!?!? - 6/26/2020 9:23:15 PM   
CJM

Thank you, so I'm not crazy.

Now I have to find that passage in the rule book or I won't be able to sleep tonight.

The Wehrmacht that set out to conquer Russia in 1941 was a poor army with strictly limited resources.
- Supplying War (1977)

(in reply to eskuche)
Post #: 3
RE: Air Supply - Fuel, REDUCES MP???!?!? - 6/26/2020 10:45:10 PM   
Denniss

16.3.5.1 in the updated manual
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4529371

(in reply to CJM)
Post #: 4
RE: Air Supply - Fuel, REDUCES MP???!?!? - 6/27/2020 12:38:19 PM   
Shupov

Yep, be careful not to use Air Supply with units that are nearly surrounded and need to escape. The reduced MP can mean the difference between life and death!

STALINADE

The real RED soda!

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 5
RE: Air Supply - Fuel, REDUCES MP???!?!? - 6/27/2020 4:40:52 PM   
CJM

Thank you all! It makes sense as the unit in question would likely need to halt, protect the planes dropping supplies, then unload etc. the fuel. So that should take a day or so of standing still.

For anyone looking here in the future, as stated already on this thread (h/t Denniss) the ruling is in the updated manual, section 16.3.5.1 -- Air Transport of Supply, page 151. It states in part:

"The act of receiving any airdropped cargo reduces the target units movement points and strategic movement points by 1/7 of default allowance (rounding up). Note that units can still receive airdropped cargo even if they have zero movement points."

That latter point may be interesting. So I would recommend supplying air drop fuel to your units AFTER they have completed their movement fir the turn. This will not work if the computer is 'on to you' and reduces the NEXT turn's MP by 1/7.

- Supplying War (1977)

(in reply to CJM)
Post #: 6
RE: Air Supply - Fuel, REDUCES MP???!?!? - 6/27/2020 5:23:37 PM   
Vifee

I’ve noticed that isolated units don’t seem to lose MP when getting airdropped supplies. You can supply an isolated unit until it goes up to airhead supply and then use it for the breakout attempt. And MP “lost” from receiving a fuel drop definitely doesn’t carry over to the next turn, air supplying mot divs is how the German can keep an offensive going even at the very edge of the supply range.

(in reply to CJM)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> Air Supply - Fuel, REDUCES MP???!?!? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI