Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Looking for a lower intermediate Soviet player

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Opponents Wanted >> Looking for a lower intermediate Soviet player Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Looking for a lower intermediate Soviet player - 6/28/2020 12:22:47 PM   
Tollwut

Hi,
the title pretty much says it all.

I'd like to do an email game if possible.
Apart from that full blizzard and no +1 for Soviets etc.
I'd like to use the newer CV figures and non-random weather.

Please let me know if you want to give this a try. I'm a bit rusty though. Haven't played in about 6 months or so.

"I'll show you where Iron Crosses bloom..." (Steiner)
Post #: 1
RE: Looking for a lower intermediate Soviet player - 6/28/2020 11:02:49 PM   
wga8888

That describes me, I am competent (I hope) but do not study the game as to how to break and manipulate the game system or to try out a radical/non-historical strategy; aka I just play the game.

My Soviets do poorly in 1941 any game title that I play. Had been playing 4 campaigns games a few years ago but all Germans lost interest in the first winter (one was soundly winning, other was doing well, others were stopped before Moscow/Leningrad with no idea what 1942 summer would bring).

I am and old fashioned boardgamer with a great dislike for opponents who keep returning to midturn saves to optimize and redo battles repeatedly until they get a resutl they like or to erase bad choices.

I will play to the end no matter how ugly. My board-game opponents of old were always the Romans/Confederates/Central Powers/Axis Powers/Germany/Japan. Great as aggressors but usually not found when if my side survived and they had to play a strategic defense.

bill@wargameacademy.org

I finished a campaign game of War in the Pacific in 4 years (1 turn = 1 day0. Anotehr is in year six as opponent only sends a turn every 5-20 days (game at 11/22/1942; I may not live long enough to see a F4U or Essex Class carrier)

First player to die loses the game.

Bill Thomson
wga8888@icloud.com
Discord: wga8888 #7339
817-501-2978 CST [-6 GMT]

(in reply to Tollwut)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Opponents Wanted >> Looking for a lower intermediate Soviet player Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI